( 1.07 - 1.09) completely stable Xenophobia version of AND_GREAT.

AND_GREAT

Thank you for replying.

Bummer, I thought that issue with un-autoresolvable UFO squadron was an old one and already fixed. Darn.

Other than that, sounds pretty much what I'm looking for, although you mentioned that the melee weapons are useless.

How is the balance of new items/weapons that you can manufacture?

(Are they all worth trying or is that 90% of them are rubbish and only a few actually worth getting?)

Early game three UFO squadrons actually can be auto-resolved, but late game - no.

I am just saying that some melee weapons are useless, I haven't played with them that much.

There are some really good new ranged weapons added, but manufacturing is quite expensive. I especially like guns added from "Asymmetric Weapons Tech" mod.

Damage balance imho is quite good.

Early game three UFO squadrons actually can be auto-resolved, but late game - no.

I am just saying that some melee weapons are useless, I haven't played with them that much.

There are some really good new ranged weapons added, but manufacturing is quite expensive. I especially like guns added from "Asymmetric Weapons Tech" mod.

Damage balance imho is quite good.

Thanks,

Okay that sounds good, I guess AND_GREAT really did put the effort in going through all the files to tweak each item in the mod personally. I had played the original Xenophobia mod and it was pretty much a jumbled mess when it came to balance of things, so I am hoping this updated compilation has that side of it improved vastly.

I'm gonna see if I can remove the said late-game UFO squadron from spawning, so that way it won't be a problem at all. I care more about ground combat and base management than air combat anyway.

Thank you! This saves me a lot of time. :D

Also big thanks to you for uploading the mod and patch to dropbox for easy downloading, makes the process more simple and quick.

You are welcome :)

The only problem with Dropbox is that if this mod becomes popular and there will be many people downloading it, Dropbox will automatically disable the links... Though I doubt there is a lot of demand for it.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah AND_great did over a dozen balance themed patches over on the russian side for his version of xenophobia, he has a thing for sniper rifles though, personaly I rebalanced some of the weapon classes to be more competitive to said sniper rifles (for example the smg's...damage is all good but with the range of 3 that damage realy does you little good espacially if you can just pick up a sniper that does the damages and has the range~ imho weapon classes still need some balancing in this version but he did fix all the nonesense roflstomp weapons of the original compilation)

yeah AND_great did over a dozen balance themed patches over on the russian side for his version of xenophobia, he has a thing for sniper rifles though, personaly I rebalanced some of the weapon classes to be more competitive to said sniper rifles (for example the smg's...damage is all good but with the range of 3 that damage realy does you little good espacially if you can just pick up a sniper that does the damages and has the range~ imho weapon classes still need some balancing in this version but he did fix all the nonesense roflstomp weapons of the original compilation)

Well, sniper rifles tend to cost much more to produce, they need a lot of time units for aimed shot (75TU out of 100), you get to shoot only one bullet at a time plus they are pretty useless at close range. SMGs and similar weapons are great for assault - 5 bullets at a time, 31TU (out of 100) to fire, good accuracy at close range.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi AND_GREAT, Thank you for the work you did on this. Just a quick question (It may have been already covered but im not sure). Do I first have to install XNT 5.31 like the original pack of xenophobia, or is it all included in this install?

Hi AND_GREAT, Thank you for the work you did on this. Just a quick question (It may have been already covered but im not sure). Do I first have to install XNT 5.31 like the original pack of xenophobia, or is it all included in this install?

Unfortunately AND_GREAT lives in a war-torn eastern Ukraine and doesn't have the time to answer questions here.

You do not have to install XNT 5.31 yourself. Everything you need is included in the Xenophobia installer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...