[V1.52 - Ground Combat] Wraiths become Caesans on throwing grenade

Thanks. Do you know what type of Wraith it was or what weapon it was carrying?

, MetalCanyons Let's Play shows this behaviour. He's playing the vanilla version with no mods.

I have experienced this shapeshift behaviour for some time now, since beta V19 I guess. Lots of people have reported that also.

Besides the wraith that seems to shapeshift into a red-shirt Caesan, there is a Sebillian leader (helmet and armor) in terror missions that will always shapeshift into a lessser echelon Sebillian. The weapon changes too, both for Wraith>Caesan and SebillianLeader>Sebillian.

OK, I've fixed this now (there was a missing directory in the release version that was in the dev version) and it'll be fixed in the next Experimental build.

For the Sebillian Leader issue, does this also happen only when throwing grenades? Do you happen to know what weapon the Leader is armed with?

Unfortunately I can't tell, as every time I see this leader he is crouched before he throws the grenade and the weapon not clearly visible. My guess is it is an alien plasma rifle/battle rifle maybe a pistol but I doubt that. No plasma cannon, no sniper and not the carbine version, all those are too large.

I will keep my eye open for this.