X-DIVISION New Mod, New Ideas, New Disscussions

drages

could you pls remind me the exact mechincs of the recoil? Can't remember where it is described, but want to adjust it for my mod

Recoil gives an accuracy penalty to soldiers with a strength less than the Recoil number, the less strength the bigger the penalty. Extended Armories makes great use of this mechanic in their Machineguns, and XNT makes use of the mechanic in their grenades.

Edited by Man of Doge

I was asking about exact penalty formula... ok the MG description tells:

"It uses the lower of ACC and STR to determine accuracy and an additional penalty is incurred if the soldier has less than 60 STR (due to the 60 Recoil)"

so if the soldier's ACC is lesser than STR recoil does nothing. There are more tricks to this but whatever

btw XNT 6 file sets recoil=10 for grenades, seems they are no longer use this feature

cool, what's the overall plan?

I will share my top secret plans with only u!!!

- 2 kind of planes, dogfighters and big torpedo carriers.. there wont be any plane for everything lie maruader..

- Dog fighters will be fast, good manuever, cannon/missile weapons, low hp..

- Torpedo carriers are large bombers. They have no cannons but torpedo/missile weapons. they are fast with high powered engines but very bad at manuever, high hp and armor (max said its not working but i will give a try)..

- There will 3 or 4 fighter and carrier..

- I can add more weapons but there is no damage types and purposes at air weapons.. maybe can add more manuever missiles...

- Sadly, heavy torpido as singular one is hardcoded and at engage u win automaticly..

Large ufos will have more hp and maybe armor as well.. I am handling visual things for now...

Thanks. Message/post the stats and appearance of the items as well as whatever you were thinking when you thought up.programmed the items. I've got some stuff to do but I'll work on this stuff any time I have a break. :)

EDIT: I'll look through the weapons files on the mod itself.

Edited by NuclearStudent

I can't open the xenopedia .xml. I have microsoft excel 2010-is there any way to convert an excel 94 file, which is what your xenopedia is in, to a 2010 file, which I need?

EDIT: It's not the 1994 file. The weaponstats are fine for me, but I just can't open some of the xml files. Opening it with text editors brings up the code for excel cells, which is hard to read. Will wait until I figure out how to fix the issue.

Edited by NuclearStudent

QUESTION:

How many airplanes we should have at this mod?

- At vanilla we have f17-foxtrot-corsair and maruader..

I want to have 1 fighter - 1 bomber per tier.. so i made 2 bombers.. now we have:

F17-Foxtrot

Corsair-Lancer

Maruader-Archelon

Fury

- are they enough? Do u have any creative idea about airplanes or weapons?

I have something other than a fighter craft in mind entirely. You know when you transfer materials and men they magically appear on the other side of the world? I want a "transport craft" to appear, carry resources over, and disappear once the supplies have been carried. Is that practical?

There is a transporter image at game files but i dont know why its ot used anymore.. need to check game code and its over me..

Can I make a suggestion? The "Extreme Flashbang" currently mentions "USing new extreme alien light, we will stun them." Alien lightning is not a prerequisite-alien genetics is. I'm describing the weapon as scrambling the alien psionic organ. Now, what struck me as interesting was if the extreme flashbang actually hurt the bravery of aliens (a modable feature addable with CE). Is that something you are cool with?

I have something other than a fighter craft in mind entirely. You know when you transfer materials and men they magically appear on the other side of the world? I want a "transport craft" to appear, carry resources over, and disappear once the supplies have been carried. Is that practical?

The Beta Players didn't like it so the Devs removed it. You can still use your imagination thou. ^_^

Can I make a suggestion? The "Extreme Flashbang" currently mentions "USing new extreme alien light, we will stun them." Alien lightning is not a prerequisite-alien genetics is. I'm describing the weapon as scrambling the alien psionic organ. Now, what struck me as interesting was if the extreme flashbang actually hurt the bravery of aliens (a modable feature addable with CE). Is that something you are cool with?

Its nice idea for that weapons history but there is no psionic ability against aliens. I mean they dont fear, berserk.. but as i said you can say suppression with psionic power sourse as story.

The Effects of Low Morale only work on Player-Controlled Units.

Thanks.

(Do they honestly never panic? I've seen Sebellians camp on the ground and do absolutely nothing after being shot at, and I've assumed they were panicking. Why do the aliens have differing bravery scores?)

Alien psionic reactions didnt added game from beginning.. at ufopedia they said all aliens react like insects, act like one.. so they dont fear, berserk, panic.. if u ask me it would be maybe nice addition but not neccecary..

Say hi to new airplanes..

2014_12_29_00002.jpg 2014_12_29_00003.jpg 2014_12_29_00004.jpg 2014_12_29_00005.jpg