X-DIVISION New Mod, New Ideas, New Disscussions

drages

Yes ufo Pedia and some research can give the player enough clue. The air combat at vanilla is very simple. I think most of Xcom players don't like air combat. I say this because all Xcom clones tried to avoid air combat as much as they can.. at least golden hawk let modders decide it and even they didn't use they let some doors open for us.

and game has anti missile defense weapons too.. I didn't try it yet but there is.. I hope it's working..

So what can we do with those unused aspects?

Heavily armored long fly time awacs..

Heavily armored very low maneuver Torpido carrier big planes..

Big differences at dog fights..

Only Torpido working über ufos like dreadnought. .

Imagination. ..

technically, you can combine these aspects in many ways. But what's the point? Do you want air combat to be harder, or easier? Or become even more like game in a game? Or maybe you want to solve a particular vanilla problem, then which one and how exactly it will be solved? On the other hand, can this distract the player from the main line enough to say it's an excessive addition?

maybe similar questions made vanilla developers turn off these features...

Doge please leave caesan weapons alone. They are their weapons. Use ur guns ffs!! :)

Hmm laser ammo is not unlimited then. Tomorrow I will add it to hot fix 2..

Aircraft armor is just absorbing.. if ur plane armor 100 and hit by 150 u take 50 damage. But it's never go lower like personal armors. . This will be very good to my heavy Torpido planes.. I got some fresh ideas about air combat but i need more tests..

But I love using one-handed rifles with combat shields! ^_^

Ooh~! Those sound like fun to play around with! (Infact, it makes me want to make an aircraft overhaul myself!)

mod started to fail somethings.. game dont use mods research.xml.. i dont know what happened..

if you recently have made changes to research.xml most likely you've broken the XML structure somewhere. If you have a backup (and you should making them very regularly) try to use it instead and see if it works

if you recently have made changes to research.xml most likely you've broken the XML structure somewhere. If you have a backup (and you should making them very regularly) try to use it instead and see if it works

Sometimes, its broken without any changes.. strange.. even i get use backups they didnt work too..

Anyway i handled it and Hotfix 2 is up at download section.

I think the biggest thing that makes X-Division harder than XNT is the fact that X-Division uses the vanilla soldier generation variables.

Then again it might be the fact that aliens are using squad-sight to throw grenades over buildings... ^_^

you didnt see harridans and wraiths with neutron and pulse weapons.

you didnt see harridans and wraiths with neutron and pulse weapons.

Oh, BTW the Ballistic Pistol (default/starting pistol) has it's Set1 and Set2 reversed.

I also noticed the machinegun isn't as viable in close-combat scenarios anymore--something which got many of my heavy soldiers killed during a mission against some Sebillians. (although once my soldiers got to point-blank range every shot hit)

Also; if you could make the Alien Stun grenades deal 1 Chemical Damage so we could revive our soldiers when they get knocked out--it'd be greatly appreciated! ^_^

re machine guns, I've recently noticed they almost always miss at close range, like the close-range bonus is working as penalty for them... eg standing 1 tile close to the victim fire 3 bursts with 30% chance and hit just one bullet )) I supppose it's a bug but had no time yet to report (this is under xnt)

re machine guns, I've recently noticed they almost always miss at close range, like the close-range bonus is working as penalty for them... eg standing 1 tile close to the victim fire 3 bursts with 30% chance and hit just one bullet )) I supppose it's a bug but had no time yet to report (this is under xnt)

for a second i thought u speak about x-div.. machine guns got some conditions.. you need to stay stil for one turn.. After the first fire or standing still, or fire without move, its accuracy go very high..

And you need to give heavy weapons to ppl whos str and acc are not so different and high..

I know about heavy weapons conditions, I talk about different case: shooting from the distance gives better results than from 1 tile.

This is not related to mods I guess, and similar to what Man of Doge complained about...

wasnt this a problem to all weapons when they try to shoot near enemy? It always missed, shootig the tile the targets stands...

no, rifles/pistols/shotguns rip the aliens apart

I like machine guns, and i am big fan of minigun/chainguns.. at my mod there is 1 more special minigun per tier 2/3/4. These guns are firing 20 to 30 bullets per fire.. The last minigun of my mod is the best weapon with amage out put and good accuricy with huge suppression..

So i tried to get rid of the vanilla problems or tactics at my mod.. After this mod, XNT looks a very little modif yu compared.

The vehicles mod i borrow from kabill "armored assault" is ofcourse not for my mod at beginning.. Vehicles dies when they just leave the helo.. this is problem..

SO!!! What did i do!!!

2014_12_25_00001.jpg 2014_12_25_00002.jpg 2014_12_25_00003.jpg 2014_12_25_00004.jpg

Old vehicles armours updated and for hunter and scimitar we got one now version.. tougher ones!!! Defender and Saviour..

All two got their own edited sprites,pictures, faith and purpose!!!

I will work on weapons now and like kabil i will be with multifire and explosive ones.. but not missile, i choose cannon..

This wil be added to version 0.91 !!

And about balance..

gamebalance.jpg

gamebalance.jpg

gamebalance.jpg.2e87c78381684468bf0ac462

wasnt this a problem to all weapons when they try to shoot near enemy? It always missed, shootig the tile the targets stands...

Just raise the Accuracy of the machinegun to about "38" or "42" and raise it's Recoil to "78" in response. That way rookies are less useful but the veteran soldiers aren't burdened nearly as much as before.