X-DIVISION New Mod, New Ideas, New Disscussions

drages

• 3 weeks later...
I'm rather concerned seeing all the unbalances in weapons, enemies and lack of tooltips that the mod will never be stable, if you continue adding stuff. I would prefer polishing and fine tuning without too much additions, but this is personal opinion.

I respect all personal opinions.. every ideas every feedback..

Everything will continue as the progress. Balancing is the last process.. i first added things now , try to balance them and sometimes balancing needs adding more things.. I thought adding something is the hardest and longest process but tuning and balancing was more harder. This is a huge mod, there will be unbalanced things for sure like every game but endless brainstorming and testing will handle much of it..

For a reason i dont make version numbers 3, 5, 21 or 48754... there is a way to 1.0.. and i need experience at this long way..

Tooltips will be the last thing i will do.. after every rebalance i cant redo the tooltips.. but you will have all the stats of the weapons..

Ok, thanks for honest answer, you are not trying to say 'this is balanced' :)

Then, a question, if I start a game 'seriously' today, will the next versions break the save or not? I don't mind patching my game with newer versions of your mod, that will balance things, but if your next versions regularly break the save games we do, then I prefer to pass for now and wait an extra 6 months for your mod to be stable.

• 2 weeks later...
Its not for now.. i can add this to into the x-div at next version.

Personally I found "Hold the Line" having points of highs and lows - as constructive criticism it feels close to a Creative Assembly's Total War games, where good perform is gives the player better results, likewise bad plays can potentially leave Xenonauts "routing" leaving them quite vulnerable.

It makes morale more predicable and with good bravery only makes psionics a preator/ caesan leader an issue.

On the flip side, can lead to frustration and lack of better word - suffering. Having a Xenonaut being stun-locked is not very fun and low bravery units can become useless/ a liability.

It is up to personal taste of course and is good mod for what it achieves and what can be seen as a hindrance can be seen a blessing. :)

Personally, if you are going to implement it I would think to modify it towards the type of atmosphere you wish to achieve - with the author's permission of course. :)

• 1 month later...

Just a suggestion here, how about -since its a few lines of code here that we'll have to manipulate- that we have a version where all the torps and missiles for aircraft become free (and for sake of argument we'll call this 'Logistics Light' version) and the original version (which we'll call for sake of argument 'Logistics Mastery' version), and if you can/want, have a 'middle ground' so that you wouldn't have such a curve to it.

Think of it as this: the Logistics Light version introduces prospective players who really want to play this mod but would be -in the end- daunted by the shear logistics mastery curve needed. The middle ground is for those who know how to do this sort of thing but aren't masters of it. The Logistics Mastery version (the original version) is essentially those who can really do logistics and will find that sort of thing enjoyable.

Just a thought.

• 2 months later...

There was a research tree at 0.98 forum. But it's hard to make a visual tree because it's mostly a Web. Many things connected each other. With 0.99 there will be "possibilities" to get a research so it would be much harder.

About lighter logistic idea, it could be done as a mod of this mod very easily.

Drages, is it possible to mod the how the ranks system works? Like change it from being linked to the amount of skill points you gain and make it instead linked to a pyramid system, similar to the original XCOM? Like You can have only one one corporal for every 3 privates. Only one Sargent to every 4 corporals, etc...? That would be pretty cool, and an incentive to keep cycling the soldiers more often, instead of keeping only one "dream team".

Drages, is it possible to mod the how the ranks system works? Like change it from being linked to the amount of skill points you gain and make it instead linked to a pyramid system, similar to the original XCOM? Like You can have only one one corporal for every 3 privates. Only one Sargent to every 4 corporals, etc...? That would be pretty cool, and an incentive to keep cycling the soldiers more often, instead of keeping only one "dream team".

Nop, it needs a total code writing because the game doesnt know that kind of calculating.

But sometimes it's not so cool. If you use a small team, you never have ranked soldiers and even your godlike ones still stay as sergeant.. With this system even you have many ranked ones, you can put them at other groups.

Yeah, it is true, it makes it harder to get higher ranked soldiers. Maybe it worked better with XCOM because you had those pretty massive teams. Maybe it's just me being nostalgic, but it doesn't really matter as it's not doable. Thanks.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This is clearly old thread but I’ve just started using your mod its awesome. One feature the game itself could use, or should I say go back to, is no auto-research. Even if alien autopsies is fluff, that’s fluff I want to choose when it’s to be researched. Having research done for you is the game holding your hand