Battlescape movement range bullseye

Hi all,

Still playing through as much of the game as possible before coming into the forum and hoping to contribute to the game in some way.

However, it keeps ocuring to me that it would be nice to have a hold-TAB-to-show movement range display.

IE select soldier 1.

hold TAB down

Shows movement 'bullseye' of available spaces to move - in green, yellow for currently selected reserve shot, red for not reachable.

release TAB, back to normal view

Did do a quick search and couldn't see anything. Sorry if its a duplicate suggestion.

Just think it would aid in planning movements for troops. This is where someone tells me not only which forum thread it was mentioned in, but that it's already implemented...

I'm not sure about this. It might create a false sense of 'sure, I can do that this turn' when in reality there's a civilian/piece of rubble/alien/whatever in the way you can't see from your current position. Could be a source of frustration.

Afair JA2 had something like this (not sure if vanilla game or v113 mod) and I didn't like/use it all that much. Tile visibility and 'shootability' overlays on the other hand were quite useful.

But that's just my opinion. Feel free to disagree and/or convince me otherwise :D

• 2 weeks later...

It is useful though, just not all the time. It being wrong about shrouded stuff is a given, but for a dash across revealed space to a bit of cover, it would be useful.

On the other hand, that would take alot of the 'fun' out of movement.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not sure about this. It might create a false sense of 'sure, I can do that this turn' when in reality there's a civilian/piece of rubble/alien/whatever in the way you can't see from your current position. Could be a source of frustration.

Afair JA2 had something like this (not sure if vanilla game or v113 mod) and I didn't like/use it all that much. Tile visibility and 'shootability' overlays on the other hand were quite useful.

But that's just my opinion. Feel free to disagree and/or convince me otherwise :D

Easily solved by not showing the grid for out of sight squares? (black ones)