[X:CE]Project Dreamfall V0.15 - Arsenal Expansion

LordJulian

After so many trial and errors and fixing things around, I've only so managed to make my mod to be at a playable state and the frustrations and bloodied face expeditions I have so much to tell-gurglegulrgla............

Well, Project Dreamfall has reached it's first release and will be labelled as a Weapons/Aircraft/Vehicle Expansion(All of it are originally designed from scratch :P ), note that this version only adds new things into the game and would likely make it slightly unbalanced. The next release will tweak the vanilla stats of the Xenonauts Arsenal to have more dynamic strategic considerations in the game.

Credits:

LordJulian: Modeller and Artist

SkaianDestiny: Scripter and Xenopedia Editor

pd015-1.jpg

pd015-2.jpg

strider.jpg

Features:

- 4 New weapons for the Xenonauts Armoury

- 2 New vehicles from the Vehicle Expansion Mod

- 1 New Aircraft designed to be a Reconnaissance fighter

Future Releases:

- Reworked Xenonauts weapon techs for laser, plasma, MAG

- New armours

- Tweaked vehicle stats to equalize the decisions to use the suitable vehicles for each mission

- Tweaked Aircraft roles to allow aircrafts more utility in the Geoscape e.g: Heavy Assault, 'Bomber'

- Expanded alien armoury and new alien variants for the more neglected alien roles like the Reaper

With all the real life work that is piling up my doorstep It took me alot of my time to be able to release this mod, but now that I've understood the dreadful wastelands of the Xenonauts engine I might make the next releease slightly faster than before. Hope that I'll be able to finish the mod to a better playable state than it was before reality engulfs me into a sewer tunnel.

serpent.jpg

P.Dreamfallv0.15.zip

pd015-1.jpg

pd015-2.jpg

strider.jpg

serpent.jpg

P.Dreamfallv0.15.zip

pd015-1.jpg.8b6682a695c4c5bb50e5ac7c0698

pd015-2.jpg.50334492450c367835a0a1579bbf

strider.thumb.jpg.0332be60c86360861a19bb

serpent.thumb.jpg.5f1ee99c4c5eadc322aa9e

P.Dreamfallv0.15.zip

Looks really great! I will try it as soon as possible. I nearly stopped to play and trying to figure out the modding. I want to steal so tricks and modding ideas from ur mod done by experienced ppl..

I am still noob so just trying the basics.. I plan to make more airplanes like u did.. more roles.. making different GC enemies is another topic.. please stop your pathetic mortal rl issues and just work on this mod :)

I want to edit sprites for different weapons but looks so long progress just with photoshop. ..

Looks really great! I will try it as soon as possible. I nearly stopped to play and trying to figure out the modding. I want to steal so tricks and modding ideas from ur mod done by experienced ppl..

I am still noob so just trying the basics.. I plan to make more airplanes like u did.. more roles.. making different GC enemies is another topic.. please stop your pathetic mortal rl issues and just work on this mod :)

I want to edit sprites for different weapons but looks so long progress just with photoshop. ..

Ok......... I sense that you find that my choice of words in the PMs wasn't that too friendly for some reason?..... ok. what I meant was that Id prefer to have the mod to have original materials and not taken from other sources so as to minimize complications as found back on the issue of modders being accused of stealing other people's work without permission. If you have an issue with my moral principles, I don't mind a thread troll fightfest, but that gets us nowhere.

And as much as I could clap for your honesty, or if it is, because I have no idea whether you're pissed off or just joking, you sound like a prick, just because that I (politely, mind you) declined your offer to assist me in the mod, I just don't feel that the art stuff that you sent me are coherent to the mod.

Now, I have gone through hoops of fire(not literally of course) to figure out how to get this released hassle and bug free and the mod has been a pain in the arse to get things right. I don't think your arrival to butt things in will help, and I'm not in the mood to entertain myself so go ahead, make my day.....

Ok......... I sense that you find that my choice of words in the PMs wasn't that too friendly for some reason?..... ok. what I meant was that Id prefer to have the mod to have original materials and not taken from other sources so as to minimize complications as found back on the issue of modders being accused of stealing other people's work without permission. If you have an issue with my moral principles, I don't mind a thread troll fightfest, but that gets us nowhere.

And as much as I could clap for your honesty, or if it is, because I have no idea whether you're pissed off or just joking, you sound like a prick, just because that I (politely, mind you) declined your offer to assist me in the mod, I just don't feel that the art stuff that you sent me are coherent to the mod.

Now, I have gone through hoops of fire(not literally of course) to figure out how to get this released hassle and bug free and the mod has been a pain in the arse to get things right. I don't think your arrival to butt things in will help, and I'm not in the mood to entertain myself so go ahead, make my day.....

I didnt expect that kind of harsh return.. it was a friendly comment with little joke.. i mean with "steal" just want to check your codes u used..i said to steal tricks and ideas i said.. nothing more.. as u said i offered you help and u rejected.. u knows.. i respect what u choose.. I have no intends to steal your images or any material u used..

but named as troll and with another lame words.. i wasnt expecting that.. i was just happy to see a modeler as a moder in this game comminity.. i am 33 years old, a hardcore player since commodore..

Ok then let me speak honest.. i saw many mod comminities.. they mostly failed becouse they try own every little piece they done.. You try to make a game better, u work for it, you share it, but you dont let someone to impruve it, or look from another angle.. I dont say this to you especially.. when you see a succesed mod, it always became more then 4-5 ppl or ppls works together..

I get my pictures from concept or another games arts.. concepts are mostly from deviantart and the answered ones allowed with "no money" rule.. i got everyone at my list so i will give them proper thx if i create something..

I want to write more but its enough for here.. your behavior was not nice and i wont do any conversation with you or work anymore.. i wish we had more kind modeler at comminity.. maybe later.. i hope..

I didnt expect that kind of harsh return.. it was a friendly comment with little joke.. i mean with "steal" just want to check your codes u used..i said to steal tricks and ideas i said.. nothing more.. as u said i offered you help and u rejected.. u knows.. i respect what u choose.. I have no intends to steal your images or any material u used..

but named as troll and with another lame words.. i wasnt expecting that.. i was just happy to see a modeler as a moder in this game comminity.. i am 33 years old, a hardcore player since commodore..

Ok then let me speak honest.. i saw many mod comminities.. they mostly failed becouse they try own every little piece they done.. You try to make a game better, u work for it, you share it, but you dont let someone to impruve it, or look from another angle.. I dont say this to you especially.. when you see a succesed mod, it always became more then 4-5 ppl or ppls works together..

I get my pictures from concept or another games arts.. concepts are mostly from deviantart and the answered ones allowed with "no money" rule.. i got everyone at my list so i will give them proper thx if i create something..

I want to write more but its enough for here.. your behavior was not nice and i wont do any conversation with you or work anymore.. i wish we had more kind modeler at comminity.. maybe later.. i hope..

I was not pointing out about you stealing my assets, but more of the words that you've said.

If it was a friendly comment, what's what that "pathetic moral issues" line? You would not have taken up that topic if you're offended by the reaction that was expected. I take it that you're not happy with something, so I am not happy with that comment, fair enough?

I declined your offer to help me, I did not say that I'm unwilling to share the mod to anyone, but nor should anyone pressurize other modders to give their assets to others just before they've been guilt-tripped to give out assets to people just because they don't want to. Regardless of your argument that modders should share their work to everyone, the modders have their say whether they want to share it, it's their work.

My behaviour that is not nice is because you need to work on your words when you make a reply. Throwing out subtle words like 'pathetic "mortal" rl issues' and then try to blame me for being a nasty jerk isn't going to help your case.

I've said all I have and will stop on this post., if you want to take this on further, do so on PM.

He said "mortal", not "moral". He just made a joke saying you should stop worrying about anything happening in your real life and work 24/7 on Xenonauts modding instead, I don't think he intended to cause you any offence.

Ugh, I need to just step back and ask again before I jump and gnaw my teeth like a predator, that would be a mistake on my part, but I'm not going to dwell on further from this, as you know where it leads to.

• 9 months later...
Umm I was wondering how to use the strider scout plane! Is it a fighter, the xenopedia entry makes it sound like a mobile radar lol. Any advice would be appreciated!

You would just send him (launch interceptor) in map areas, not covered by yours base radars. And then he reach that point, send him to a next blind-for-radar waypoint.