This game is incredible - thank you developers!

I just want to say hello to the community and thank the development team.

I had known about this game for quite a while. I first learned of it because I had gotten into XCom due to the reboot. I was a little intimidated by it because it looked so much more complicated than the new XCom game, and while I play strategy games (including paradox games), learning a new title sometimes takes me a few days and I didn't really want to mess with it. I was enjoying the reboot and it's expansion, anyway.

A few days ago, Steam put Xenonauts on-sale for 35% off. And because I had recently gotten into OpenXCom because I liked the newer XCom game so much, the style of Xenonauts finally began to appeal to me. So I bought it, and I played it, and I love it.

I cannot believe that this is Goldhawk's first development project. I think this game is absolutely incredible. I now feel kind of guilty for not buying it sooner and supporting the development when it was early access. I really mean it. I should have bought it then.

I am going to spread the word and tell people of this amazing game. Thank you for everything you have put into it - unlike the big commercial XCom remake, this game is so much deeper, so much more rewarding, and feels so much more like a labour of love.

Edited by Xenonauts > XCom EW

As much as I'd admired X-COM to be the firstborn turn based tactics squad game, I find myself unable to play it, it having a horrible UI and *ahem. 1993 game.

Thankfully Xenonauts is a somewhat pleasing sweet of the current generation that has enough depth to satisfy even the most hardcore nitpicking nerd ever found on the dwellings of their mother's basement.

The second game better be a giant gummy bear though.

Thanks for the reply, Chris.

Yes, I didn't think I could still be moved by games the way I was when I was younger, but games like this come around and prove me wrong. Kudos to you and your team on a job very well done.

As much as I'd admired X-COM to be the firstborn turn based tactics squad game, I find myself unable to play it, it having a horrible UI and *ahem. 1993 game.

Thankfully Xenonauts is a somewhat pleasing sweet of the current generation that has enough depth to satisfy even the most hardcore nitpicking nerd ever found on the dwellings of their mother's basement.

The second game better be a giant gummy bear though.

OpenXCom is the only way I could play it. I bought the original on Steam a few months ago and even the Steam version requires DosBox (included in the download files). I gave up trying to play it until I discovered OpenXCom. OpenXCom was really cool and I had some fun with it. Of course now that I have Xenonauts I will seldom go back to it.

It's one thing to have the idea of modernizing classic X Com, and it's another thing to assemble a team and actually execute the idea. So many other people had the same idea (UFO AI and UFO ET comes to mind) but the game didn't turn out that good. Xenonauts is the real deal. I think aesthetics and presentation are the key. And of course Xenonauts knows how to be amazingly deep while also being very approachable.

Xenonauts is exactly what this genre needed.