[V1.09 / X:CE 0.30] Khall's More Portraits Pack [V1]

Khall

This mod adds 74 new portraits and unlocks 18 custom ones to bring the amount of male portraits up to 115 from 36, and female portraits up to 36 from 22. This mod is for people who want more variation in portraits. but in the default art style.

What it does:

Male:

- Adds 10 new African portraits (13 from 3)

- Adds 14 new Asian portraits (19 from 5)

- Adds 19 new Mediterranean portraits and unlocks 2 custom portraits (29 from 8)

- Adds 21 new Northern portraits and unlocks 12 custom portraits (53 from 20)

Female:

- Adds 2 new African portraits (5 from 3)

- Adds 2 new Asian portraits (5 from 3)

- Adds 2 new Mediterranean portraits and unlocks 1 unused portrait (10 from 7)

- Adds 4 new Northern portrait and unlocks 3 unused portraits (16 from 9)

Some Examples:

V1 Portraits.jpg

The new portraits were created by mixing and matching different elements of existing portraits in photoshop. I'll still need to create more female portraits (which are a lot harder to do than male) and I'll do some more male portraits as well when I feel like it. But there's enough in it to consider it completed.

Installation instructions for X:CE:

1. Download the mod and install using the mod installer in the game launcher or unpack the mod in assets/mods

Installation instructions for Vanilla:

1. Download the mod and extract it

2. Just add the downloaded "soldierimage" and "soldierimagefemale" folders to their respective folders in "assets"

3. Open "soldiernames.xml" with notepad

4. Change this

<Ethnicity name="afri" count="3" />   <Ethnicity name="asi" count="5" />   <Ethnicity name="med" count="8" />   <Ethnicity name="nor" count="20" />

to this

<Ethnicity name="afri" count="13" />   <Ethnicity name="asi" count="19" />   <Ethnicity name="med" count="29" />   <Ethnicity name="nor" count="50" />

5. Open "soldiernamesfemale.xml" with notepad

6. Change this

<Ethnicity name="afri" count="3" />   <Ethnicity name="asi" count="3" />   <Ethnicity name="med" count="7" />   <Ethnicity name="nor" count="9" />

to this

<Ethnicity name="afri" count="5" />   <Ethnicity name="asi" count="5" />   <Ethnicity name="med" count="10" />   <Ethnicity name="nor" count="15" />

to allow use of the new portraits.

Credit:

Thanks to llunak for doing the modularized version and Theon Greyjoy and Ogaburan for working with me on the portraits

Download:

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=53

V1 Portraits.jpg

577e7d285df80_V1Portraits.jpg.4f498d9856

Edited by Khall

I've removed the top level directory, so it should install as a modular mod now.

I'm aiming to at least double the amount of female portrait, so there's 44 in total.

random silly question... it would be compatible with XNT?.. i still dont know exactly how the modmerge works, so i found a couple of mod that overlaps between them and make something goes FUBAR :S.

I think it should work, XNT uses an older version of this mod as far as I know. If the modular version doesn't work you can just add this to the XNT folder manually using the instructions for vanilla above (remember to add it to the files in assets/mods/XNT, not assets)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
hey, I noticed sometimes the game chooses two identical faces for different soldiers. How can this be fixed?

In the code. And I did already improve this a lot in some recent X:CE, although it's still not perfect because of the way the new soldier generation works. And to make it worse, some custom faces are duplicated into generic ones, so they are there twice even though they are technically not the same.

• 4 years later...
14 hours ago, 1443xyz said:

Any chance for a re-upload?

If you download the community edition mod, this mod is included as part of the download.  If you really don't want to use XCE itself, you can choose not to and just activate the More Portraits mod (but really there's no reason not to use XCE since in its base form it doesn't make any gameplay changes, just fixes and quality of life stuff).

On 9/22/2019 at 10:49 AM, kabill said:

If you download the community edition mod, this mod is included as part of the download.  If you really don't want to use XCE itself, you can choose not to and just activate the More Portraits mod (but really there's no reason not to use XCE since in its base form it doesn't make any gameplay changes, just fixes and quality of life stuff).

I think its more accurate to say that XCE improves on the gameplay while trying to stay as close to the vision of Xenonauts in general. But its definitely a different experience.

3 hours ago, Charon said:

I think its more accurate to say that XCE improves on the gameplay while trying to stay as close to the vision of Xenonauts in general. But its definitely a different experience.

That's legit.  I can't say I've played without it since it was made and I probably couldn't tell you what it does specifically any more anyway!

• Like 1

• 3 years later...