Futuristic Weapons, Armors and Planes?

Incidentally, the tier 4 name is the reason why I still use refer to ammo as "clips" instead of "magazines" else it'd sound ridiculous.

Chris, you do realise that not only does magazine sound silly on them but if you say the acronym out, the weapons also sound completely daft, ie

"x x Gun Rifle"

or

"x x Gun Pistol"

etc... ?

If you dropped the

Gun

and made it just the first two letters with a full stop between them (ie, X.X Rifle, X.X Magazine), not only would it make sense when naming the weapons, but you could use magazine instead, saving me from having to go and correct strings.xml every time a new build comes out :P

Edited by Buzzles
Spoiler'd!

No I didn't. I haven't dived into the files. I didn't want to know and I have glossed over posts and convinced myself that any post mentioning it lying or kidding. There is possibly some repressing memories involved too.

But reading your post after Chris post I put 2 and 2 together.

PS. couldn't cartridge, cartridge holder, battery or something made up be used instead? THis probably doesn't really warrant a spoiler tag but just in case.

Edited by Gorlom

Meh, everyone knows what it is already, how could you make 3k posts and not have read it?

Anyway, I'm not sure why would it use a clip instead of a mag.

The difference between a magazine and a clip is that a magazine may contain means of feeding objects within, for instance a spring or a sprocket. A clip doesn't and only serves to load a magazine with ammunition.

I haven't seen a picture of the weapon it will be used for, so it's only a guess, but if I were designing (spoiler), I'd prefer to use a magazine rather than a clip.

Meh, everyone knows what it is already, how could you make 3k posts and not have read it?

Anyway, I'm not sure why would it use a clip instead of a mag.

Because I'm trying to avoid it? some people doesn't like being spoiled by information before they discover by experiencing it as intended.

The concept might be foreign to you but please try to understand that some thinks that the experience is enhanced if they get to be surprised by the experience and doesn't want to be spoiled in the case that the developer or creator keeps it a (relative) secret.

Silence, Buzzles! Nobody must know the terrible secret of the acronym! I think a better solution would be to come up with a better word for the last letter of the acronym rather than remove it entirely.

I dunno, I was thinking about this while I was out and about earlier, the only things that spring to mind are words like either

Coil

or just general tech words like System or Technology, the latter would be redundant as most people would just revert to the actual descriptive words, those being the first two letters.

Also as we're discussing it, have you realised that using a single ammunition magazine for the entire tier 4 is sort of at odds with the rest of the game and also against a sense of reality and logical sense?

Lasers (+ Tier 3) make sense when different guns use the same ammunition source as they have different drain rates (more powerful gun = less shots per ammo source), but with:

tier 4 acting in a similar way to the ballistic weapons, there should be a magazine for each type of gun. A Ballistic Rifle magazine won't fit in a pistol, and the same applies for the tier 4 weapons as by the looks of them they wouldn't share ammo, otherwise every gun would have the same fixed number rounds (ie, you'd have both Sniper Rifle, Pistol, Machinegun and Assault rife with 25 shots).

(also, I really inline spoilers you get on other forums in the form of a mouseover)

Edited by Buzzles