Final mission. Bug or oversight?

Got to the final mission (operation endgame) with a squad of 8 soldiers and a tank.

Got to the throne room battling trough aliens and reapers with preator leader nowhere to be found. Opened a door behind the throneroom to find only a teleporter here. Stepping in had my soldiers disappear and the game entered a looped "alien turn"

What I did wrong?

Well, here is the screenshot for the throne room

JFgqe.jpg

and here is the strangest thing - mission objectives are the same as for regular crash site

0kWVK.jpg

Also one more question (one of devs coming down to answer a bug report by ordinary user - that's odd for me, really) - whats the point of bothering with escape teleporter at all instead of placing a trigger "mission success" upon termination of high preator? The game ends anyways, and it is irrelevant how many of the squad perished, since well, the war is over with humanity's victory.

That the developers answer here in their own forum maybe odd, but it is really good. Says something about their willingness to be in contact with the players/community and that they take you serious, even after you have bought their game. You can call it customer service, maybe rare nowadays.

The cause for the transporter platforms there and at the beginning is, that there are two ways of winning the game. The Praetor is one way...

The other is to destroy the power cores and retreat, so that the UFO will be destroyed together with the Praetor.