• Merge Select Next Soldier
    • Keep Select Next Soldier as a mod
    • Merge Soldier Roles in Minibars
    • Keep Soldier Roles in Minibars as a mod
    • Merge Time Units First
    • Keep Time Units First as a mod
    • Create mods that allow reverting the panel back
    • Do not bother creating mods that allow reverting the panel back

What would be the general view on including these 3 mods directly with X:CE (i.e. merging them in), including possibly making mods that change the panel back?

These can be seen as improvements and seem to be liked, but presumably there would also people not liking them, and perhaps somebody would see also other reasons against inclusion, so I'm curious what the general opinion on this would be?

While I understand how most of us could like the gameplay aspect of the next/previous unit buttons, I'm not that thrilled how they look (and don't use them either). They just look too forced and like a cheap makeshift solution. And I'd prefer the game to maintain it's professional look and not look like a random collection of amateur mods. (Not bashing anyone's work, mind)

So with that in mind, I would like to have them as mods in the future too. Thanks. :)

Edited by Skitso

I'm actually not entirely happy with the look of Select Next Soldier of Soldier Roles in Minibars either (otherwise I'd probably have merged them without much thinking). But I can't do better as far as the looks of it go, so if somebody else wants to polish it, feel free to.

Hmm, I've voted for keeping them all as separate mods, but am thinking now I should have abstained.

I don't actually mind them being included per se, I just don't have a preference for using them as I'm so used to the vanilla game. When I used the next-soldier button mod, I ended up never using it, while with the TU/HP bar change I kept looking in the wrong place for TUs. I'd not doubt get used to it over time, but I guess I like the idea of not having to relearn the game.