X:CE 0.30 Release Candidate 1

llunak

One question: How do you get this running on a windows/steam install? Steam does not seem to update to this version and if downloaded and fed into the mod tool manually the game does not start

Unstable X:CE releases are not done on Steam. I've updated the OP to include install instructions.

And there it goes my hope that modders will get few new things to tackle with ..I am all for general improvements like "many UI improvements" and bug fixing but can't we ( modders) get some of requested things (I know you made expectation that you are not doing requests but cut us some slack ok ?).

You'll need to wait for Solver or somebody else to find some time for this. As I've said, I focus on the base game, so even if I knew what you'd want (which I don't), I'd generally find mod-only stuff to be lower priority when I have such a long list of things to do for the base game.

This build is very unstable:

Game crashes to desktop whenever I load a ground combat save while in the ground combat. Loading a geoscape save works without a problem. Also, GC saves work when loaded from geoscape or from mainmenu. This bug can be repeated every time.

Game also crashes to desktop after GC when I click OK to proceed from debrief screen. This happens randomly maybe 5 times out of ten.

I've also unfortunately had two random crashes on AI turns when in GC. Can't say what happened as I had no LoS to AI when the crash occured, but I'm fairly sure I heard alien shooting just before. :/

Edited by Skitso

OK, I now have a save with fairly high change of repeating the AI turn crash. The problem is, my game very heavily modded so I would probably need to upload my whole installation to llunak. Any ideas?

The situation for crash is as follows:

JbYlZWj.jpg

1. My unit is situated like this when I end my turn.

zpeWLYD.jpg

2. Start of AI turn. A sebillian hiding in the corner shoots 2 single shots or a burst

LGCCCBo.jpg

3. The sebillian looks like it'd like to shoot a third shot (rises weapon and plays the shooting animation) but the projectile never appears and the game hangs.

Edited by Skitso

Game also crashes to desktop after GC when I click OK to proceed from debrief screen. This happens randomly maybe 5 times out of ten.

I cannot reproduce. Does it happen with -quickbattle? Does it happen without any extra mods? Is it specific to anything such as a day/night or a specific tileset?

I've also unfortunately had two random crashes on AI turns when in GC. Can't say what happened as I had no LoS to AI when the crash occured, but I'm fairly sure I heard alien shooting just before. :/

Gameconfig.xml, endTurnAutosave.

OK, I now have a save with fairly high change of repeating the AI turn crash. The problem is, my game very heavily modded so I would probably need to upload my whole installation to llunak. Any ideas?

Yes, just provide the save anyway, together with the list of mods you have installed (and if it's not too large, providing everything from assets/mod except for X:CE alongside would save me time).

I cannot reproduce. Does it happen with -quickbattle? Does it happen without any extra mods? Is it specific to anything such as a day/night or a specific tileset?

Yeah, this happens with no mods installed too. Haven't found any relation to tilesets etc. Only that if I save just before finishing the mission, it seems to always work fine after reload. Could be somehow related to the save/load bug?

Yeah, this happens with no mods installed too. Haven't found any relation to tilesets etc. Only that if I save just before finishing the mission, it seems to always work fine after reload. Could be somehow related to the save/load bug?

I don't know. Try RC3 and otherwise see the PM.

I've fixed the other problems and threw in a certain config change :), thanks for the testing.

Hello !

what you think about add to game stamina\energy for solders,

as was in old x-com ?

Untitled-1.png

=========

So ... you have limit amount of energy, every turn it replenished ... so if you move to high or have to high weight it go down fast & you must wait for make any movement... - you can shoot but can't move. (if level of energy is low ..)

how fast you will get low energy based on weight and solder strength ...

and frequency of movement ...

____

Edited by Game_tester

Any special comments on shooting?

Hmm, no - not really. Didn't notice/see/experience anything out of ordinary. Or nothing I could put my finger on at least. Game felt all around great and I simply LOVE how the missed shots continue on their trajectory until they hit something. (I've set the probability of hitting target's tile to 0) It just feels so much better!

Edited by Skitso

Thanks llunak for the 0.3. The game finally feels complete! Amazing job! New music for alien bases and base defence missions work like a charm! :)

Regarding the new config options for door closing rules: I seem to be able to open/close alien base doors at will. (want to have control over all normal human doors but no alien doors)

Edited by Skitso

Thanks llunak for the 0.3. The game finally feels complete!

Can't be, my todo list is now at ~500 lines :).

Regarding the new config options for door closing rules: I seem to be able to open/close alien base doors at will. (want to have control over all normal human doors but no alien doors)

Well, those aren't in UFOs. But yes, I'll change that for 0.31, it'll make the option a bit of a misnomer, but oh well.

I see in the change log that you've possibly found a fix for the animation skip crash. Is the skip animation function now going to be set to default or is it going to remain off for further testing first? (Asking because in just over a week I should be in a position to do some testing again if it's needed).