Modified Laser Weapons

UfoTubby

So this is my first set of changed laser weapons. The pack includes one changed version for carbine, rifle, and heavy scatter, pls. see preview below.

I did some more modifications, which I can post later in similar sets if people like more choice.

Installation:

DL the zip file. Start the Xenonauts launcher, use "Modding Tools" > "InstallNew Mod" to install from the zip.

That should be all, in my tests it seemed to work fine. However for now a little warning - I have zero experience in creating modular mods or mods at all for Xenonauts. I looked into the sticky threads and tried to follow the instructions as good as possible, but I dunno if it's all perfect. If there are any problems, pls. let me know....

Edit:

Updated to v0.2

Preview:

5LVCIOq.png

NewLasers_v0_2.zip

NewLasers_v0_2.zip

NewLasers_v0_2.zip

Edited by UfoTubby

Love them, especially the rifle with the new place for the battery. Now it looks more like an actual an assault rifle :) Will install them as soon as I play again.

Just one thing, what is it what you and eisfunke and foggy background? :confused:

Well, the background on my pictures is not foggy, it is the same ice landscape that is on the background of my avatar and "Eis" in "Eisfunke" is german for "ice". ;)

Ok, had some time to waste which I decided to spend on the laser weapons mod :)

Basically I completed replacments for all laser weapons in vanilla and slightly modified the first versions I made of carbine, rifle and heavy. There are also xenopedia images included now, following vanilla style as well

Older dl removed, the new link will also be added to the OP. Installlation remains the same.

Preview:

5LVCIOq.png

NewLasers_v0_2.zip

NewLasers_v0_2.zip

NewLasers_v0_2.zip

Edited by UfoTubby

ay caramba D:!, dude i literally went out this thread by about what?, three days or something, and now i see this, they look superb man really good work with those babes :D!. And about your future work...i dont know but i think mags are quite good.

I cant wait to see what you got in mind with tiles :P.

edit: got a little problem with the xenopedia images being just plain black..i think this is maybe relationed with the fact they are PNG images instead of JPG images as other ones in the xenopedia.

anyone got this or iam the only one?.

edit2: i think it was this,because after saving them as jpg they worked again. but still dont know if anyone got this issue.

Edited by blackwolf

Thx for the comments, guys :)

Re this:

edit: got a little problem with the xenopedia images being just plain black..i think this is maybe relationed with the fact they are PNG images instead of JPG images as other ones in the xenopedia.

Hm, they work fine in my game as png, but I can update the upload with jpg versions easily if that's an issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Thx :) I don't plan to do plasma in the next time, I use some of Eisfunke's myself. Maybe at some point I do my own, but can't promise it.

For the laser, forgive my ignorance, but I don't understand the iron sight remark, and I' am not aware of the debate you are referring to...this is only a gfx replacement, it should not require anything specific to work in-game (and so far I didn't notice any prob with it).

Edit: Ahh, I think I'm getting it now hehe (slow CPU on my side ;)), you mean purely visually? Well, of course one could do it with or without, didn't think too much about it.

Edited by UfoTubby