CTD when trying to save game with half demolished building

polkovniknades

I'm using Steam

-Xenonauts v1.09

-Xenonauts CE v0.30 (Only mod that is installed)

I tried running clearfolder.bat; didn't work

I tried uninstalling then reinstalling; no dice

The game is crashing whenever I try to save it. There is also a possibly separate (or linked?) problem with a building being demolished

Save game in question: [ATTACH]5560[/ATTACH]

Steps to reproduce:

- Load save game file named "2"

- Select rocketeer atop building; Comd. Matteo Gubellini

- Fire rocket at base of stairs on half demolished building Example

- Building should now be demolished (There is a caesan on the 2nd storey of that building which is trapped at the top of the stairs)

- End turn

- Select sniper; Comd. Chinyo Maeda and move her towards demolished building

- Once she is in visual range of the building, the game crashes to desktop

Another method to reproduce, kinda:

- Right off the bat, save the game to a different file and it should crash

Another way:

- Complete the terror mission without saving

- I get to the end of mission debrief screen

- Once I close the debrief screen I briefly see the geoscape then the game crashes

====================================================

Other miscellaneous stuff from my previous post that may or may not be useful

- When I tried to save the game to a new file, a new file is created as expected but the file ([ATTACH]5559[/ATTACH]) is ~46KB in size and always comes out as about that size, whereas the file I'm loading it from ([ATTACH]5560[/ATTACH]) is about 1200KB.

- I have a rocketeer atop a building facing the half demolished building. If I put another rocket into said building (aiming at the alien blood splatter), it collapses and when I try to send my sniper toward said demolished building, the game CTDs.

- There is also at least one live alien in the building when I demolish it. With another already dead, where the blood splatter is.

- Both rocketeer and sniper have buzzard jumpsuits. Not sure how relevant that is though.

- If I don't demolish the building, the game works fine. Until I try to save the game, at which point it partially saves, giving me ([ATTACH]5559[/ATTACH]) and CTD-ing.

- Oh, and this mission is a terror mission

Update:

- Loading the game from the autosave at the start of the mission, then trying to save the game results in the game crashing when the save button is clicked.

- Demolishing the building my xenonauts are currently in with a rocket then sending a guy over to check it out doesn't cause the game to crash

- If it helps, the map (as seen in the editor) is town>landingship>town_small_znomart. My guys are mostly in shop_small_LR on the left hand side of the map, my rocketeer and sniper are atop civic_large_LR and the half demolished building in question is in the top right, also named shop_small_LR.

1.sav

2.sav

1.sav

2.sav

Edited by polkovniknades
Retyped in accordance with the "how to write a good bug report" post