GUI change and other complaints.

karry

I did not play Xenonauts until a few days ago, waited for it to be...more ready than it was, essentially. Now i play it, and i see this. Sorry if i sound rude, but WTF ? I look at the soldier list at the base, and the list itself takes 1/3rd of the screen space at best, and there is a giant "manage soldiers" button in the middle. I've seen videos of previous versions, and it was way better. You're telling me it was a deliberate decision ? The screen is basically half-empty, but i have to scroll if i have more than 10 soldiers ? Are you f-ng kidding me ? What kind of clinical idiocy is that ? This isnt some portable Japanese tactical RPG ! You have the bloody screen space ! USE IT !

-Same exact complaint againts research and manufacture screens. Lots of free space - incredibly stupid decision to NOT use it.

-Why is there a rather pointless separate vehicles screen, but no screen allowing me to see what i ordered and transferred to the base ? I buy 5 soldiers, i alt-tab, i do other things, i forget. Then i go back and see i still need 5 more soldiers. Or did i order them already ? I have no idea.

-Why cant i input hyphens in the naming dialogue ? By default the dropship is named Charlie-1, but i cant rename it to Mason-1 ?

-Why cant i throw grenades OVER obstacles instead of IN obstacles ?

-Why cant i check my soldier stats in-mission ?

-And seriously, was this game made JUST for people with 50-inch monitors ? Because most of the text is so inredibly tiny it is a real strain to read it.

I believe there is a mod that did help with the annoying UI. It was a bad decision on GH's part and exactly what I said when I bought the game last week.

As I haven't been to the forum very often before buying, I only remember there is a mod somewhere in the modder forum for this UI problem.

Karry, please keep this friendly, there's no reason to curse.

-Why is there a rather pointless separate vehicles screen, but no screen allowing me to see what i ordered and transferred to the base ? I buy 5 soldiers, i alt-tab, i do other things, i forget. Then i go back and see i still need 5 more soldiers. Or did i order them already ? I have no idea.

Well, for the engineers or the scientists there is a number that shows how many are due to arrive, but not for the soldiers, that's kind of a shame, yes.

-Why cant i input hyphens in the naming dialogue ? By default the dropship is named Charlie-1, but i cant rename it to Mason-1 ?

You're right, that's annoying. If any of the community coders sees this, is that fixable?

-Why cant i throw grenades OVER obstacles instead of IN obstacles ?

IIRC, you can throw over obstacles if the conditions are right, but I would have to check that. If not, again, if one of the community coders reads this, is this changable? As you already redid the LOS engine?

-Why cant i check my soldier stats in-mission ?

You can. Select a soldier, open the inventory screen, and in the upper left edge, there it is.