Gameconfig file for X:CE

Orcus187

so my question is this: when i personally change something in the gameconfig file now with the X:CE edition it does not keep the changes. Are we not able to modify the gameconfig file when running the community edition now? if so is it in a different place or called something different? Thanks.

I have a similar but different issue. I have a personal mod that changes some things in gameconfig. However, the game only uses certain parts, and the rest it uses from xce.

For example. Among many other, I've changed starting money and the stat ranges for soldiers. If I start a new game, the money works, the stats don't. If I comment out that section in xce, my mod works. This happens to other things as well, like the pop cap on buildings. I've had to go in and comment out all the parts I want to mod, which kinda defeats the purpose.

I have a similar but different issue. I have a personal mod that changes some things in gameconfig. However, the game only uses certain parts, and the rest it uses from xce.

Any element in gameconfig with child elements needs to have MODMERGE="update" in the top level. E.g. for soldier stats, it looks something lie:

<SoldierStats>

<Stat1/>

<Stat2/>

<Stat3/> etc...

</SoldierStats>

In order to update anything in there, you need to change it to:

<SoldierStats MODMERGE="update">

<Stat1/>

<Stat2/>

<Stat3/> etc...

</SoldierStats>

You also don't need to include any elements you're not editing. So if you're only changing strength, for example, you can delete all the other elements in the soldier stat section. You should also delete any other elements not being modded to reduce clutter and to avoid having to add in MODMERGE="update" in all the places where it will be needed in gameconfig to make the load properly.

Any element in gameconfig with child elements needs to have MODMERGE="update" in the top level. E.g. for soldier stats, it looks something lie:

<SoldierStats>

<Stat1/>

<Stat2/>

<Stat3/> etc...

</SoldierStats>

In order to update anything in there, you need to change it to:

<SoldierStats MODMERGE="update">

No, it should be needed only if the element has both children and attributes. This example should work as it is.

Yep, I've been only keeping the exact lines I change and removing everything else. I'm still getting used to this whole modmerge thing, I'll change it when I get home.

Also, the building pop caps DO exist in xce, maybe you're thinking of something else. Living quarters holds 35, and lab and shop hold something like 10 or 15. That's what I'm referring to. They are in the gameconfig, and changing them there works. Are they also listed somewhere else or something?

Edited by endersblade

Also, the building pop caps DO exist in xce, maybe you're thinking of something else. Living quarters holds 35, and lab and shop hold something like 10 or 15. That's what I'm referring to. They are in the gameconfig, and changing them there works. Are they also listed somewhere else or something?

I think what Solver meant was that those variables don't do anything any more and are controlled through the buildings.xml file instead.