(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V6.0 - "Hellgate" (DISCUSSION THREAD)

TacticalDragon

NEW MOD UPDATE V6.0 HELLGATE

The purpose of this thread is to keep main thread clean so that people don't get confused.Any discussion,suggestion,ideas or balance of current version and updates are going to be kept in this thread from this point on.

OFFICIAL LINK XNT V6.0 Hellgate

* Please try to touch elements of the mod concerning to balance, appreciations or whatever you want to share us. Try to not point vanilla bugs/issues!

Thank you and your welcome!

:cool:

Hell yes! So if I understand instructions correctly, I should install this mod over not vanilla, but community edition v0.28 + settings right? (non-steam user)

You'r right ;)

But in the pack I include anything necessary to vanilla too.

You dont need to worry about, I prefer over XCE of steam for automatic updates are compatible with XNT.

As I see for a some hour playing...

Aliens are more easier.. first one can be dead easily by rifle fire. Walking one is ok with snipers and bombs. Big white one can die with 3 rockets and 5 alerium grenade. Sadly flamethrower is no use as I see..

The advanced rifle is good really and heavy weapon is usefull again. . I am happy just don't need to spam explosives when I got nice guns..

He'll gate shotgun is very nice. I changed my flamer with shotgun. Rifle is useless when u have already got advanced. Didn't use the one handed ones..

enemy weapon research takes too long.. they got so much weapon..

First sectoid scout ships got the flying robot enemy and its weapon one shot u from sniper distance. . Nice surprise..

Money balance looks better.. u earn less and need to fight for money. A reason to go for ufo missions..

Please add the new rifles including ak47 descriptions. . I don't have any idea about the difference of the first rifle ak47 and he'll gate versions.. same as napalm and acid bomb..

Ai is making mistakes... it's nice to see that :)

And I want to know that what resisted means... if it's resisted it mean it will never damage it or continiue to shoot until resistance gone?

And I want to know that what resisted means... if it's resisted it mean it will never damage it or continiue to shoot until resistance gone?

Yep...when for example you shoot to a andron and everything you see is him literally laughing at you and giving you:

RESISTED

RESISTED

LOL YOU MAMA SO FAT

RESISTED

Is because the armor value is "absorbing" all the damage. After you "destroy" the armor value (droping it close to 0) then its when he start to take damage , of course there is times when the damage is over the armour value and thats the reason why you first get very low damage values like 2 or 4 but when you keep shooting it become to "stack" and he got HIGH DAMAGE (i.e. 20,30) .

Victor tadeu explained it before with his tips in the older thread..just keep the pressure until you bring them down pal ;).

Edit: i forgot to tell you that this is called "armour degradation" some weapons have better value than others, explosives being the best for this purpouse..but also the flamethrower, thats why i spray a little of sweet napalm over vipers and gargols first and them concentrate firepower to kill them.

There are some enemies resistant to some kinds of damage so this is not effective 100% the time with all enemies so you must take this into consideration :).

Edited by blackwolf

This is likely something to do with items.xml.TD must have left something out of items.xml (probably one or more of new weapons) and now whenever you try to access equip screen game crash.

Just to be sure did you apply mod over fresh vanilla copy ?Don't do it over XNT "affected" copy.

Edited by Sentelin

Yeah, fresh copy but everyone else seems to have no problem (though it's possible it is error with minor fix) so I'm considering re-download though any sort of affirmation or negation from others would be really nice. Anyone using the minor fix version have same problem as me? :(

Edit: The problem seems to persist after deleting XNT ITD mod, so something probably went wrong while installing X:CE. I'll re-download from Humble Bundle and see if the problem persists.

False alarm! When I just copy & pasted the core pack into the vanilla v1.09 my problem was fixed!

Edited by ventuswings

not related to XNT, does anyone use the "reserve TU" feature? The problem is it reserves only TUs for a shot, and does not count extra TUs required to turn or kneel. So I can't rely on it, thus it's useless for me

I like how it looks, just put two more (small) buttons for fine tuning. So I can increase/decrease the reserved amount by one per click...

hi TD,found the first issue in my gameplay, the projectile of the alien anihilator phase is dont know how to explain it..when they shoot, they create a redish bright square around it,but the problem is that is TOTALLY squared. if you search in /mod/xnt5.4/projectile/star

you will notice what im saying, i changed to the pl_blue version and the "square" dissapear, i guess this is because it wasnt saved right or something :).

I have the GOG version. Do I need to install CE and settings separate from the mod? Thanks

Don't do this; This seems to have caused the bug I had. You can just copy the entire content into vanilla v1.09 and everything seems to be fine. I am sure you could apply it over X:CE version as well, but why introduce another step which could complications?

Edited by ventuswings