(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V6.0 - "Hellgate" (DISCUSSION THREAD)

TacticalDragon

Drages I saw this in my last firebat game. I made it to MAG weapons using jackal armor lol. I even kept on but the lure of hellgate pulled me in so I abandoned that firebat game and moved on.

However I was working on capturing a leader. Have you captured one yet? If not then perhaps getting the officer and leader will become a priority for me :)

Guys .. do u know how to get wolf armor at this mod?..

look through researches.xml:

Wolf requires:

Researches.AlienAlloyFabrication (AND) Researches.AlienAlloyHardening

AlloyFabrication requires:

Researches.AlienAlloys (AND) Researches.Alenium

AllowHardening requires:

Researches.LandingHull (AND) Researches.AlienAlloyProduction (OR)

Researches.CruiserHull (AND) Researches.AlienAlloyProduction (OR)

Researches.CruiserHull (AND) Researches.AlienAlloyProduction (OR)

Researches.CarrierHull (AND) Researches.AlienAlloyProduction (OR)

Items.OmegaCorpse (AND) Researches.AlienAlloyProduction (OR)

Researches.AlienLeaderInterrogation (AND) Researches.AlienAlloyProduction (OR)

Researches.AlienHyperdrive (AND) Researches.AlienAlloyProduction

AlloyProduction requires:

Researches.AlienAlloys (AND) Researches.CorvetteHull

Edited by podbelski

yep bassically is what podelski said.

btw with that kind of information it would be cool if you use the bb spoiler code..so is not like telling someone that snape kills dumbledore you know :P.

At least you didnt said that Dumbledore agress to that(beeing mortaly sick or something) so Snape could be v close to voldemord ;)

@podbelski

gameconfig.xml will tel you

or no I ll do :P

:P how to made damn spoiler someone tels the noob?

Ap120/Str80/Acc99/Rfl99/Brv99/Rsl150

Edited by Alewalek

Really great mod!

I have a problem thou. When i, ve played for a while the game crashes. And when i try to load the save the game crashes again. And i have to start a new campaign. I play ironman so the game saves automaticly. It has happend bott in World map and tactical combat. Does annyone have a fix?

Oh yeah, this mod tends to crash whenever explosions occur. :cool:

At least you didnt said that Dumbledore agress to that(beeing mortaly sick or something) so Snape could be v close to voldemord ;)

what! really...omg i hate man you ruin the books for me ;_;! (jk ...yeah...in the end dumbledore was a moron and snape is the protagonist of the bigger, longer and saddest case of friendzone in the modern literature xD).

and no..to everyone asking for ironman..sadly..is really buggy (no the mod but the engine itself), even after chris and all the folks of goldhawk did a amazing job, the game still have it flaws, some of them could be resolved with the XCE, but others still pending and i hope it could be solved in the near future.

i play using a PSEUDO-IRONMAN MODE, on insane, and having seven saves in total:

-war start(from the very beggining of the gameplay).

-month start(the name explain by itself).

-patrolling (just the spamming between ufo waves and projects).

-ufo in sight (when ufo appears and before i send planes).

-interception(before i send the transport and to have a previous GC savegame just in case i have to reload..then my savescumming goes into this..so i repeat the mission but mostly in a new map..so is not SO cheat-ish).

-mission start(again the name explain by itself)

-disaster: this is the most important savegame in my system...i save EVERY TURN it start . not matters what...wait i lost my fav captain, DOESNT MATTER, SAVE. so in any case i suffer a unnespected CTD or something like that i could reload(specially usefull to provide a better material for killing bugs and errors).

I know it could be a pain in the ass but is better that losing all your gamplay just by a flaw of something beyond your control. You need a lot of autocontrol to stop the savescumming, but you must remember that going FUBAR is part of the game and you should dealt with it :cool:.

if i read right, did you put the XNT content in the main folder?..you should unzip the mod and then put all the content in

assets/mods/ (here)! it includes the main xnt folder, and a couple of other folders (xce and stuff) all must be putted there, then move the xenonauts.exe included with the zip file to the main root folder and thats all, i hope this could help you and anyother with problems installing the mod :).

Afternoon all. I am not trying to steal blackwolf's thunder but I just reinstalled hellsgate onto a new SSD game drive and got a crash to desktop. Others using windows 7 have seen this and now I have. I have discovered this that like most zips it contains a series of sub folders. IF you are seeing a crash to desktop when using the new exe file included here is what you need to do and check.

1) Install xenonauts and the 1.09 patch into what ever game drive you use.

2) Unzip hellgate into a temp folder. You should get a head folder called XNT V6.0 (HellGate). One sub folder down is assets followed by sub folder mods. There is NOTHING in assets but alot in the sub folder mods.

3) Copy just the sub folder assets (and thereby all the sub folders within) from the temp hellgate folder into the main directory of xenonauts. What this WILL do is copy the sub folder within the hellgate assets into the xenonauts assets and also correctly place all the sub folders into their correct place within the xenonauts mods folder.

4) You should have now within the xenonauts game folder mods the following multiple sub folders: XCE, XCESETTINGS, XNT 6.0 HELLGATE.

5) Transfer the xenonauts 2 exe files into the master folder of the xenonaut game folder overwriting the 2.

6) Launch your game and go to the mods tab and choose the XNT 6.0 option. Start a game and it should launch showing a backdrop of 3 blue androns about to see a downed soldier with grenade going out in style.

You can now go and get the Kabill and Skitsos's awesome map packs. These need to be installed into the main folder sub folders. Not required but these maps REALLY kick some butt.

There is also fire in the hole mod. I am going to defer to Kabill and others on how this needs to be installed with XNT.

In conclusion I am NOT a modder for this mod. TD and many others made this happen. It REALLY adds to the immersion and play value for xenonauts. It WILL make the game harder. You will need to really work to win. Try it, you will enjoy. Cheers!

@drages:

you need "AlloyFabrication" and "AlloyHardening" technologies. First one requires AlienAlloys and Alenium researches. Second one requires "AlloyProduction" and ONE of the following researches: LandingShip, Cruiser, Carrier hull, Omega corpse, LeaderInterrogation or Hyperdrive. Finally, AlloyProduction requires Alloys and Corvette hull to be researched...

got it?

the background image is a soldier with a lot of c4 on his legs and in the walls, being surrounded by androns and hand in button ready to send them to hell, you can see the complete image on the assets/mods/xnt/backgrounds ...search in the folders there and you find it, i m a little gilty because i love the vainilla image of the serious and scary generals watching at you expecting orders..but i moved the background soldier to be the one showed in the launcher :) (both images are superb).

Guys, has the v6.0 mod version ever crashed on you?

I'm really wanting to do a crazy ironman run, but it'd be dumb if the game is unstable that my session would crash and lose all progress.

I have only one crash when the aliens egg atack my man who step on another eggs victim.

Besides I think playing the iron man is not so necessarily and very risky. All you need is just dont load when shit happens ))))

Playing ironman with such a buggy engine is insane x20 you will never finish the game- most likely you sooner win in lotto, not even playing it.

ctd always hapens: c4 trigered by vortex- ctd, crusier c4 exploding upstars where u have no LOS - ctd, egg ataking your fainted solder- trigering c4 - ctd, you move somwhere and game freezess- hmm i am waiting 20 minutes- w8 more or restart?

etc. etc. etc.etc. x120

Edited by Alewalek

I've been playing this version since it was released and I see great improvements everywhere!

Thanks a lot for your continuous effort. Now, here is my feedback so far:

• On my PC the game is now quite stable. I experienced freeze-during-hidden-movement only twice. No CTDs.
  • Difficulty balance of ground combat seems to be improved significantly (to my liking).
    That unfair feeling is almost gone and I'm really having fun in GC now.
  • Tech advancement seems to be much improved, but I still find it to be inconsistent somewhat.
    The in-game calendar is now March 1980. I have 3 bases.
    I've been aggressively conducting research by hiring 70 scientists, but my research to-do list is full of untouched projects.
    My men are armed with plasma weaponry and wolf armor.
    My primary interceptor is still Foxtrot, while my dropship is Shrike.
    I feel research takes too long compared to the escalation speed of alien invasion.
    Perhaps research time should be shortened?
  • Now every UFO wave throws dozen of UFOs at me including many massive vessels. Foxtrots can shoot them down individually, but there are just too many. In addition, those advanced UFOs fly too fast for Foxtrots to catch up. So while my Foxtrots are flying around trying to catch one UFO, tons of others roam freely around the globe wrecking havoc like terror mission and aerial bombardment.
  • Stun gas grenade doesn't seem to provide continuous effect anymore. I mean, it used to give continuous damage to aliens caught in the radius every turn, but now it inflicts damage only when it exploded, so survived aliens can move in the cloud of gas freely without any damage. I'm not sure if this change was introduced by this mod or CE, but this effectively renders the gas grenade almost useless.
  • Bug - sometimes aliens become invisible with only their shadows displayed. This is especially true for those purple cabbages. This issue was seen in previous versions and is still there. Not critical but somewhat annoying.
  • Bug - as several others mentioned, male Jackal armor is missing the required image file.
  • Bug - cruiser disassemble research gives "###" in manufacturing list (it is displayed literally as "###"). I didn't bother trying this item and I think that's the reason why I missed Corsair.

Well, that's it so far. Thanks again for your great effort and please keep up the good work!

I've been playing this version since it was released and I see great improvements everywhere!

Thanks a lot for your continuous effort. Now, here is my feedback so far:

• On my PC the game is now quite stable. I experienced freeze-during-hidden-movement only twice. No CTDs.

• Difficulty balance of ground combat seems to be improved significantly (to my liking).

That unfair feeling is almost gone and I'm really having fun in GC now.

• Tech advancement seems to be much improved, but I still find it to be inconsistent somewhat.

The in-game calendar is now March 1980. I have 3 bases.

I've been aggressively conducting research by hiring 70 scientists, but my research to-do list is full of untouched projects.

My men are armed with plasma weaponry and wolf armor.

My primary interceptor is still Foxtrot, while my dropship is Shrike.

I feel research takes too long compared to the escalation speed of alien invasion.

Perhaps research time should be shortened?

• Now every UFO wave throws dozen of UFOs at me including many massive vessels. Foxtrots can shoot them down individually, but there are just too many. In addition, those advanced UFOs fly too fast for Foxtrots to catch up. So while my Foxtrots are flying around trying to catch one UFO, tons of others roam freely around the globe wrecking havoc like terror mission and aerial bombardment.

• Stun gas grenade doesn't seem to provide continuous effect anymore. I mean, it used to give continuous damage to aliens caught in the radius every turn, but now it inflicts damage only when it exploded, so survived aliens can move in the cloud of gas freely without any damage. I'm not sure if this change was introduced by this mod or CE, but this effectively renders the gas grenade almost useless.

• Bug - sometimes aliens become invisible with only their shadows displayed. This is especially true for those purple cabbages. This issue was seen in previous versions and is still there. Not critical but somewhat annoying.

• Bug - as several others mentioned, male Jackal armor is missing the required image file.

• Bug - cruiser disassemble research gives "###" in manufacturing list (it is displayed literally as "###"). I didn't bother trying this item and I think that's the reason why I missed Corsair.

Well, that's it so far. Thanks again for your great effort and please keep up the good work!

thank you very much and im glad you are enjoying the mod, thanks for your words :).

about a couple of your points, is almost impossible to catch every ufo in a wave, that because you are a little behind, with planes, and even if you have the top planes, the ufos can overwhelm you in some times.

yes you are right about the invisible aliens, sometimes it happens to me but with alpha vipers, but after you hit them with any weapon they re-appears again this was notified earlier thanks for your confirmation :).

the same with male coyote armor, but i never heard about the ### with the cruiser, can you please give me a savegame to confirm this?, and yes..this is the reason why u dont have corsair or better planes. You need to research every core you get to improve your tecnology :). Again thank you by your words :)!.

Hi guys!

I have been feeling underwelmed by XCE, and started modding for awhile. I got really pissed off lately because of the way the modular system isn't working right on some files..Like ground combat. I saw that you guys used the modmerge commands in your files. I decided today to try your mod out.

I have run into a couple of bugs. Shotgun locks up the game in a weird way sometimes. It will play the shooting sound, but not really fire, then I cannot move any men. I can select them but they will not move. Strange.

Here are the other things I have been seeing with ONLY your mod installed from a brand new clean install!. Ammo is the best example, the machine gun in your mod has 60rnd, it shows this on the base soldier screen. Then when deployed in combat, on the main screen it shows the vanilla/xce default of 30 rnds loaded and max. If you go to the inventory screen it shows that the gun is loaded with 30 of 60 rnds.

Also the flamethrower was not working as intended, it was doing the quick wide swath with generic graphic, vanilla I suspect, until I copied your weapons_gc file over the vanilla assets file. Then it worked AWESOME!! Thank you for that, I need to be a PYRO!

EDIT: Now my frag grenades, are exploding at the end of the turn, instead of when thrown?? That isn't how it played when I was playing earlier today. It is like the "merging" can't figure out what stuff to use. It is different everytime.

This is the same issue I had when I was modding my mod files, and that is the XCE or vanilla files over-riding the mod files. Specifically the configuration file and the weapons_gc file (who knows what else). There is something definitely wrong with the modular system, I have re-installed my game 4x over the past few days, and this issue keeps popping up. It is not my installs, because they are stock XCE, installed either from Steam, or I do it manually.

I realize that I am new to this game and am just learning, but I am not a newb. I have been modding games for many, many, many years and have been reading intently on the forums about modding this game. I have made plenty of mods, and have even published an AI mod for Medieval Total War 2.

I thought my modding issues were that my files did not have the modmerge commands in them yet, however your mod, does have them, and I am still seeing this behavior. My logical mind tells me something is wrong with the modular system merging files in the wrong order, or it's confused. I can alleviate this issue by copying your file into the vanilla assets folder, and everything works fine. (I was also able to keep this from happening with my mod, by doing this)

When I was experimenting around with files, the smoothest this game has ever ran, was when I took the XCE files and put them into the base directory.

I did not have these issues with the .27 version either.

Have any others, been experiencing any issues like this?

I think I know the fix for this, either install all the files in the main assets directory, so there is only one copy of them. Then I can install the graphics mods separately, via the mod manager..if you can call it that.

I have reported this issue on the XCE bug reports forums already, only to be dismissed as a bad install. Because you can't seem to get your point across around here.

On a happy note, So far I am enjoying the start of the game!! It is much more enjoyable than I thought it would be! Great AI fixes, so far!! much more challenging and FAIR!

Edit: I do not see what good a savegame would do, but I will see if I can find one or reinstall the game again and replicate. Screenshots I can post as well tomorrow sometime, kind of a busy day.

I think, I'll go play Star Citizen's Arena Commander for awhile and blow off some steam. Truly awesome game even in ALPHA!

Does the -modinfo help in this situation? where is the log file kept?

BTW if one more person on this forum blames MY installation, I will SCREAM back, because I am sick and tired of that attitude. After only a few posts of trying to figure this out, and recieved no real help, just dismissals and blaming my modding. This issue is repeatable with other mods, and is constantly pissing me off, especially now that I KNOW that even files with modmerge commands don't work! I do not think the "modular system" is working 100%

Edited by Xeryx

@xeryx thanks pal, and dont worry, if you could provide me a savegame so i can test it and see if i found any error could be cool.

Maybe you are right the actual modular system is a WIP so if you are having this issues you call post it on the xce threads with a savegame and a couple of screenshot to help them understand and maybe find your bug. By now i know this could be a little confusing and also annoying when there are bugs without a clear explanation.

The devs take very serious all your feedback and your comments regard the mod,also i glad you like the work that the devs have done until now.

thanks you all :).

After I read the xeryx post I think it's most of the reason of my problems. So it's ok if I just copy all the mod files to game directory, isn't it..

And about heavy weapons. I think I figure that out and it's intended. I try to get near to enemy to shoot it but I was wrong. You need to use them stationary like snipers just in front if them. It's not a short range weapon. U need to use it to destroy environment or cover fire. When heavy weapon sits for a turn stationary, the accuracy get much better with high Str and acc soldier.

About sentelin sniper.. it's nice but it's hard to use it. I don't know why but after I start to use this gun, my sniper became enemies first target. Even they have soldier much more near them, they all attack my sentelin user. And he gets suppressed and no fire next turn..