(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V6.0 - "Hellgate" (DISCUSSION THREAD)

TacticalDragon

I think that all the buffs to damage for soldiers and nerfs of alien resistance ane maby other things as well leads to xnt beeing to easy right now. You dont need to speed up reaserch to get beter weapons ASAP, gargols are not a threat anymore they catch bulets like traning dummy. Any chance to rebalance it? Or information what exacly was changed so anyone who want could revert the changes or go somwhere beetwen 5.3 and 6.?

To be honest I don't know why but heavy weapons are very bad at shooting at short range too.

if you moved the same turn you shoot heavy weapons get an acc penalty. Despite this, often it's enough to run a few steps closer to the target, shoot a couple of burst with MG, and run back behind the cover.

Hi, guys! :D

It's my try to tell my feelings about the 6.0 - playing without safe/load, veteran difficulty.

1) There is my info: 20 october. I have 3 bases and 200.000$, and starting ballistiks:

a)
First base (North Africa)
7 hangars (1 chinook and 2 cheburators), 2 workshops, 1 lab, 1 radar array and 16 soldiers (5 jackal armor)
b)
Second base (America)
4 hangars (1 chinook, 2 appolo and 1 condor), 1 workshops, 1 lab, 1 radar array and 11 soldiers (3 jackal armor).
c)
Third base (Chine)
4 hangars (none), 1 radar array (one day left to be constructed)

2) Air combat is much more interesting and not forgiving thing. I lost 2 condors and 2 cheburators (dismiss em becose i dont believe in magic when my engeeners make new shiny aircraft from the charry pieces).

3) Night combat is still a treath.

4) Most of my GC looses is because of my imprudence (for a hole game i lost 3 man - SGR, CPL and PVT).

5) With aliens luck and my bad disposition an annihilator phaser and vortex can be a GREAT danger to my squad.

6) Reapers Alpha is not so scary - easy to kill.

7) Meelee aliens (Gorgols and minor vipers/reapers) is no more a treath because (as i think ) of 2 moments:

a) The strange strategy/move paths. Instead of just pack atack my man they covardly hidind, glitching and makes crazy moves. Only 2 times i got into a scrape when minor viper stealthly kill one of my man from behind and gorgols atack and kill 2 of my man (they be on enemy fire/supressing from the UFOs main door and they dont have TUs to escape) in open field .
b) They dont have a good armor and good speed (in doubt).

8) The mindcontrollers is pain in the az :eek:

9) The corvet CG demands big care to take it.

10) Apollo is good aircraft. It's help save money and not to spend it on the radar arrays (YET).

Thats all for now!

Tnx for your work ;)

cant reproduce your "bug" with the corvettes datacores, mine get deposited inside my stores as soon as the gc-mission ends, can see that i got 6 or so allready in store... if i just had enough hangars . you should try revalidating your game files, and reinstall the mod/s (xCE and XNT) maybe something wrong in your files.

Well, i guess i have to reinstall because i dont have the cheburaska and the appolo :/, guess thats why i got missing xenopedia page at the beginning.

Hey everyone, im new to the Forums and Modding with Xenonauts (But I have modded other games in the past) and after installing this mod (which was a headache in it of itself because media fire was being a jerk and not letting me download, and I know NOTHING about modding this game) I clicked "New Game" selected my preferences (Normal, No Ironman, No Tooltips) and hit "Start" and my game crashes. I don't know what happened, and whenever I restarted, same thing. I have Non-CE v 1.09 and running 64bit Windows 7. Did I install it wrong (I placed XNT in the folder marked "Mods"), or do I need to revert to v1.08? Any word on this would help IMMENSLEY because I am completely stumped on what to do.

Edited by Areth1299
More information on subject i forgot to put in

Hey everyone, im new to the Forums and Modding with Xenonauts (But I have modded other games in the past) and after installing this mod (which was a headache in it of itself because media fire was being a jerk and not letting me download, and I know NOTHING about modding this game) I clicked "New Game" selected my preferences (Normal, No Ironman, No Tooltips) and hit "Start" and my game crashes. I don't know what happened, and whenever I restarted, same thing. I have Non-CE v 1.09 and running 64bit Windows 7. Did I install it wrong (I placed XNT in the folder marked "Mods"), or do I need to revert to v1.08? Any word on this would help IMMENSLEY because I am completely stumped on what to do.

Did you copy the xce and xcesettings folders as well, and replace the executable files? You need to install everything contained in the download for the mod to work.

Tried starting a new game. Just more vanilla crash sites and aliens :/. I feel like it may be tied to aiprops or ufocontents. Acidently deleted XNT using the mod tools. Recopied XNT to main xenonauts folder but now only getting vanilla GC

if i read right, did you put the XNT content in the main folder?..you should unzip the mod and then put all the content in

assets/mods/ (here)! it includes the main xnt folder, and a couple of other folders (xce and stuff) all must be putted there, then move the xenonauts.exe included with the zip file to the main root folder and thats all, i hope this could help you and anyother with problems installing the mod :).

Oh man, hope you don't have too much problem. I also had several car accidents of varying degrees...

Feedback: my Insane Ironman run reached the Landing Ship + Terror mission phase, and Androns wrecked me in good XNT fashion :)

I really should have known not to go against them without good weapons or electroshock grenades but easier early game made me too complacent. I don't know how they fare on easier difficulties but my brief impression of mid-game balance is very favourable. Either way I'll restart since I am more aware of V6.0 reduced initial fund and research, since I am pretty sure I had subpar Geoscape.

Question to other players, did you guys figure out how to get advanced sniper rifle? I recovered an Andron guard corpse while retreating but it doesn't seem to have unlocked it unlike Hell Gate description would suggest.

So I was fighting with big viper with some savescumming when suddenly it transformed to red caesan with acid grenades, lot of hp and no weapon :)

Yeah it happened to me too.

TD I hope u recover soon. I got accidents too.. part of life.

And yeah I can't get advanced sniper rifle too.. but I want to have advanced laser sniper rifle at the main page :)

Edited by drages

Really great mod!

I have a problem thou. When i, ve played for a while the game crashes. And when i try to load the save the game crashes again. And i have to start a new campaign. I play ironman so the game saves automaticly. It has happend bott in World map and tactical combat. Does annyone have a fix?

Really great mod!

I have a problem thou. When i, ve played for a while the game crashes. And when i try to load the save the game crashes again. And i have to start a new campaign. I play ironman so the game saves automaticly. It has happend bott in World map and tactical combat. Does annyone have a fix?

Claesp not to sound like an ass but do not play ironman. The game engine has more bugs than the Chinese have rice. Its amazing what Chris and the devs managed to create with it and the Modders continue this tradition.

I too enjoy iron man games. I can handle the RNG screwing me over or my own stupidity causing me to howl. But having the engine itself wreck my game NO, just no.

Save often and use your own iron will power to only reload when a crash happens. Not when your favorite trooper with sentinel armor gets eaten >.>