(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V6.0 - "Hellgate" (DISCUSSION THREAD)

TacticalDragon

There is still that bug where only the female grunts get the new armor textures in the equip screen. Its not super critical i know, but its still weird that men are just floating heads when they equip coyote. Also, a bunch of the images in the xenopedia are missing from the last version of this mod. Dunno if you just forgot em or I got the mod too fast before updates? So far I havent seen the t10 pic or a bunch of the air weapon pics (Itd be helpful if you actually wrote a description in for those instead of just having the pic) and some of the additional alien mission info pics are also not showing up.

Also a combination of the flamethrower and coyote armor makes the sprite disappear in combat. I can only see the trooper's shadow.

Edited by fu12

the benefits of all recovery to the biggers ships cores are:

first core: give you a protocol to disamble it.

second core: (using the dissamsembling protocol) you get a "tecnologie gift" (a foxtrot for the corvette just to name one).

every core after that: can be dissambled to get a profitable stack of parts that can be safely selled giving you positive wining for it.

ALSO I FOUNDED A ISSUE AND I NEED TO KNOW IF ANYBODY COULD REPRODUCE IT BY YOUR OWN:

issue founded: if you change the name of your charlie(and i suspect that this include anyother transport ship) "the equipment management window" becomes a little wacked, adding soldiers into another pseudo-imaginary charlie named just "charlie - 10(or maybe ID,i still decided)" the stuff become more ramdon if you try to rearrange your soldier,they star to clone themselves and always get a ctd...

i can manage to reproduce this issue by just starting a new game or editing the name of the charlie in every savegame i got.

No don't do that.That was case when XNT wasn't modular.If you want to use FiTH now just:

Install Instructions:

X:CE: install using the mod installer in the game launcher or unpack the mod in assets/mods

Vanilla: unpack the mod into your assets folder.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE USED THIS MOD BEFORE AND ARE USING XCE

If you're using the XCE version of this mod and have installed this mod before, you will need to delete some files from your maps and tiles folders.

The easiest thing to do is to delete the UFOs folder in assets/maps and the UFO folder in assets/tiles. Once you've done this, re-validate your game files to reinstall the vanilla assets.

Otherwise, you will need to go through all of the UFO submap folders in assets/maps/UFOs and delete all of the numbered submap files. Also, you will need to go to assets/tiles/UFO and delete the following:

1) The HBP folder

2) The HBP_ExtraProps folder

3) In all of the separate UFO folders, any files prefixed with HBP_

Doing this will avoid having to revalidate game files, but if a bit more complex and more liable to result in mistakes.

Apologies for this; for what it's worth it's the last time anything like this will be an issue.

Did anyone actualy tryed to check is FiTH instaled my modding tool is working?

I have instaled it by modding tool myself after recomndation from blackwolf and mod is instaled but not working- I have mentioned this before - folder of FiTh is in the assets/mods but in GC ufos inside are from vanila and no smoke fire outside.

Coping map and tiles folder from FiTH mod into main assets folder worked fine and ufos are changed outside and inside.

Yes, i was about posting this, i used the FiTh and installed it using the mod tools, but after i do that, most of the XNT weapons features was gone, and i suspect because FITH contains it own weaponsgc.xml version..and this overlaps the xnt . so the only way i founded to "make them compatible" were deleting the weapons xml present in the /mods/fith folder....i dont know why are this happen, but it was the only way i could get the weapons work (the other stuff was working as intended..the smoke and the interior and stuff).

@alewalek this could be a silly question but,are you sure you downloaded the XCE version of FITH? because in kabills OP there are two links, the xce version and the vainilla version...and it sounds weird that you have that issue.

Hey there. :) Love the mod so far, and I really appreciate the effort to write a guide to everything that's new. I did notice a lot of the new weapons in game don't have a tooltip with stats and/or functionality. This includes the two starting weapons Flamethrower and something that looks like a Kalashnikov, but is just labelled as "Assault Rifle" in game (uses same ammo as normal Assault Rifle), with no tool tips on their stats. Can this be added in game, or included in the written guide? Thanks again for a fun mod!

Also, big BIG thanks for making the Light Machinegun useful again! :D

Fire in the Hole v3.0 (XCE v0.27+) this is whatt i have instaled after I unpacked core pack of XNT into Xenonauts folder steam version 1.09 togheter with CE 0.28 that is automatilcy instaled on steam when you chose it. Not sure why this didnt work eather.

I think though that coping maps and tiles only make no difrence- unless iam wrong- this mod is to change ufos exterior and interior and this is all in that folders.

And if by some reason breaching charge will not work iam fine with that it was way to heavy to carry and i prefer c4. I also dont midn entering main door after i droped inside ufos few c4s :)

@Gothyc

Dont, dont don't ever ask for stats of the guns, evryone who does it will be baned from this forum :P

joking, but every new person that use the mods asking for that and I am not one of the devs but still understand they flustration to this question

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11450-%28Mod-Update%29-XNT-Into-Darkness-V5-3-The-Firebat-%28DISCUSSION-THREAD%29

here is old thread you can easly find the answear somwhere there ;P

Edited by Alewalek

Yes, i was about posting this, i used the FiTh and installed it using the mod tools, but after i do that, most of the XNT weapons features was gone, and i suspect because FITH contains it own weaponsgc.xml version..and this overlaps the xnt . so the only way i founded to "make them compatible" were deleting the weapons xml present in the /mods/fith folder....i dont know why are this happen, but it was the only way i could get the weapons work (the other stuff was working as intended..the smoke and the interior and stuff).

@alewalek this could be a silly question but,are you sure you downloaded the XCE version of FITH? because in kabills OP there are two links, the xce version and the vainilla version...and it sounds weird that you have that issue.

The fact that there's overlapping files shouldn't matter. I've run loads of mods that use the same files together and they run fine.

I suspect I know what the problem is, though. It will be because FitH will by default load ahead of XNT, meaning the breaching charge items are already in when XNT comes to load them. Because XNT is commanded to just insert them, that will cause an error if they've already been loaded by FitH.

This is why I meant to remove the breaching charge items from FitH from XNT, but I forgot.

The easiest solution then, will simply be to delete the weapons_gc file from the FitH folder as suggested. But it might be wise if the breaching charge is removed from XNT like I meant to so this doesn't keep coming up as an issue.

@Alewalek: How many UFOs did you try? IIRC there's a slight bug in the current version of FitH where one of the UFOs (a light scout I think) wasn't set up correctly so didn't load over the vanilla one. It might be that you spawned that one and the mod is actually working fine otherwise.

Don't install XCE over steam if you are using XNT ever.Just simply extract XNT core package.

Not sure what you mean by this becasue of this :HOW TO INSTAL "1. Use a clean Xenonauts build (Community Edition In steam)."

So whatever is right please let us now. Do we have to use Xenonauts with or without XCE.

@kabil

yes tryed only one - and it was small scout-but when copied tiles and maps to main assets same ufo was with all th changes

is it a problem I have copied only maps and tiles to assets folder in main dir? if yes i may try to do this 1 more time and check more ufos

Edited by Alewalek

@kabil

yes tryed only one - ant it was small scout-but when copied tiles and maps to main assets same ufo was with all th changes

is it a problem I have copied only maps and tiles to assets folder in main dir? if yes i may try to do this 1 more time and check more ufos

I'm not sure what you mean by what you did afterwards. Did you copy the maps and tiles to the main assets folder, and it's still not working in a new mission? Or still not working in the same mission? Or was it in fact working after that?

If option 1) I suspect that's because of the modmerge commands and you should download and install the non-XCE version and install the maps and tiles from that instead.

If option 2) that will be because map info is saved with the savegame so changing map information won't apply until you start a new mission.

If option 3) Hurray!

It's worth noting that the Light Scout bug only applies to 1 (or is it 2?) of the light scout submaps. If I have chance this evening (that isn't assured by any means) I might try and get an update out with the fix as I had it all ready to go but then got hit by work-related things and haven't had chance to sort it.

Not sure what you mean by this becasue of this :HOW TO INSTAL "1. Use a clean Xenonauts build (Community Edition In steam)."

Wait...........it does really says that ?Well that is misjudge and completely unnecessary.X:CE 0.28 is included in core package along with all xml files adjust to be used with XNT.

Edited by Sentelin

@Gothyc

Dont, dont don't ever ask for stats of the guns, evryone who does it will be baned from this forum :P

joking, but every new person that use the mods asking for that and I am not one of the devs but still understand they flustration to this question

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11450-%28Mod-Update%29-XNT-Into-Darkness-V5-3-The-Firebat-%28DISCUSSION-THREAD%29

here is old thread you can easly find the answear somwhere there ;P

Thanks for the reply Alewalek.

While I understand it can be frustrating to get these questions from every newcomer like myself, I hope there can also be some understanding to why new people are asking - in a game where you're forced to make a lot of tactical and strategical decisions with limited funds, it's fairly important to know what the different pieces of equipment do.

I just figured since TacticalDragon is nice enough to write a new guide for all the new stuff in the mod and asked for feedback on what else he could put into it, I would ask about these two particular weapons that are in the game from the start. Easier to have such data compiled into a single, easy to find post, than for every newcomer having to search through a 97 page long thread, and then opening up an xml file to look up the stats. Granted I understand it's a bit of extra work for the modders, but since the question was asked for what to add - what better time than now to give the feedback?

Once again, many thanks to the modders for doing such fantastic work. I took a day off work today to be able to play this. ;)

Edited by Gothyc

@kabil

option 3) Hurray!

I copied map and tiles folders only from your mod to main assets and small scout mission worked fine with all the changes.

@Gothyc

Meant to tell you that i is 97 page thread no 53 :P but u edited that :)

I think as you said u can check it in xml without reading 97 pages of the old thread

Edited by Alewalek

I only knew to open the xml because I searched the 97 pages on what to do and where to find it. Other newcomers will probably ask the same question, unless they happen to read this discussion here between you and me.

Also, I couldn't find any information about the flamethrower in the xml. I also got spoiled as to what weapons will appear later in the mod, and it was also a lot harder to read and compare, say rifle to ak47, than it would have been in a dedicated guide post. I could do it myself, but I imagine it would be nicer to have it all in the same post - namely Tacticaldragon's guide. :) Or even better (if possible?) in the game itself as tooltips.

Edited by Gothyc

Yay! Thank you TacticalDragon. :) No rush with it, it's just nice to know it's being thought of. :)

Oh one more feedback thing from a new player (sorry I'm a software tester irl so I may be a bit damaged). Is it by design that soldiers don't gain accuracy after missions, unless they got a promotion? I've ran 3-4 missions now without any accuracy gains.

P.S. I hate those viper eggs... but I love to kill them! ;)

EDIT: Ok, a couple more missions in now, and soldiers started to get a little accuracy! Nevermind then. :)

Edited by Gothyc

Hello there. I have got to first say that my first modded Xenonaut experience would be the Xenophobia mod and have completed it. I then decided to try out your mod since it was a more streamlined and balanced experience (which I actually am loving much more in comparison).

I was actually wondering whether it would be possible to exclude certain aliens from being present in missions, namely the extra aliens in general. Basically, I do not enjoy the Alien eggs and would like to remove them while keeping the other viper variants & Gargols. While indeed it may be part of the experience intended, I just would like alter it while still enjoying the mod as I have already suffered over a hundred missions slaughtering eggs by the droves that it has become a straight up chore by this point :P

@haxbeast:

all you want is possible, if you are ready to mess with XML a little bit :)

go to .\assets\mods\XNT V5.4 (Firebat)\ufocontents\

find the ship/race you want to alter, like "airplane.alien.scout.caesan.xml", I use Notepad++ to edit

search entries like "Wraith_Egg_Aggressive", and set all the quantities to 0