[X1.08 + X:CE 0.25HF] XNT Into Darkness Mod V6.0 "Hellgate"

TacticalDragon

Just started playing with this mod.

Everything worked fine until I tried reloading a ground mission. Now it doesn't show the evil eggs and when one of my soldiers tries to throw a grenade at the egg on the left side of the UFO the game freezes.

Only added Skitsos Ultimate Megamix Map pack and Fire in the Hole maps.

The save: [ATTACH]5922[/ATTACH]

MIP.zip

MIP.zip

disappearing eggs/purple xenomorphs is a known glitch. AFAIK nothing can be done and no plans to fix this

Well, if I can't reload a save in ground combat and continue playing, then this mod is useless.

Maybe if those egg things are so glitchy, they should be just removed.

This is not easy to fix, maybe never. But we dont know that, because most of us are no Modder.

I have the Problem with unvisible Units too, but that dosent matter. Your Solders see all unvisible units (like the Eggs). You only have to move the Target system a little bit on the Thing he/she can see. If its going red like normaly (every unit which was invisible i could destroy).

Well, if I can't reload a save in ground combat and continue playing, then this mod is useless.

Maybe if those egg things are so glitchy, they should be just removed.

I think the freeze and invisibility are not related. Explosions sometimes lead to freezes and I guess it's not an XNT bug. If you don't throw the grenade at this egg, can you continue the combat? If yes, whats the problem then

I think the freeze and invisibility are not related. Explosions sometimes lead to freezes and I guess it's not an XNT bug. If you don't throw the grenade at this egg, can you continue the combat? If yes, whats the problem then

I've finished vanilla game without a single freeze even I used grenades quite a lot. I really don't think it's a vanilla bug.

If I try to shoot those eggs with rifles, my soldiers are instantly killed. [Pretty tough enemy for the first ground combat... don't you think so?]

I've finished vanilla game without a single freeze even I used grenades quite a lot. I really don't think it's a vanilla bug.

If I try to shoot those eggs with rifles, my soldiers are instantly killed. [Pretty tough enemy for the first ground combat... don't you think so?]

They only have a range of 6-7 tiles at most. And most of the time the soldier is merely going to be stunned. Besides; You should really be using Sniper Rifles, Machine Guns, or Frag Grenades against them.

They only have a range of 6-7 tiles at most. And most of the time the soldier is merely going to be stunned. Besides; You should really be using Sniper Rifles, Machine Guns, or Frag Grenades against them.

My heavy machine guy and sniper is lying unconscious because some alien threw stunning smoke grenade from the other end of the map and, as I have already mentioned, throwing [frag] grenade at the egg makes the game freeze.

And no, the eggs don't stun my soldiers, they just die on the spot and the eggs seem to cover pretty huge area (in some tests 4 soldiers died at once). Anyway, just try the save game I posted yourself and see how it goes for you. Also, remember that it's the FIRST ground mission in the game. This mod seriously lacks balance... I appreciate good AI but definitely don't appreciate aliens throwing grenades from the other end of the map, hell hounds (or whatever they are called) being super resistive to normal rifle fire and one stupid egg killing my whole squad on the spot...

...I've checked your save, it's a known and discussed bug, here you can see it:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5923[/ATTACH]

the viper behind the eggs reacts on your action trying to find a path to you but it blocked, hence the infinite freezing loop. Really annoying thing, and I don't remember was there any workaround/solution out there.

I can give you my folder with UFO crews, I haven't put the vipers inside the UFO for this exact reason so you won't experience this bug anymore. This is in addition to the egg patch, just ask...

the viper behind the eggs reacts on your action trying to find a path to you but it blocked, hence the infinite freezing loop. Really annoying thing, and I don't remember was there any workaround/solution out there.

I can give you my folder with UFO crews, I haven't put the vipers inside the UFO for this exact reason so you won't experience this bug anymore. This is in addition to the egg patch, just ask...

Thanks, but I've already started playing AND_GREAT's stable Xenophobia version.

It's balanced, they are using the same AI as in XNT, but they didn't put eggs inside UFOs, eggs don't disappear on reload, they don't have area effect attacks, vipers don't come for at least two months, also there aren't so many aliens in the beginning. Much better.

The only thing I don't like about Xenophobia is the economy mod, but I've found here how to edit researches.xml & items.xml to get rid of it.

I think I had this bug before, with an egg thrower trapping a viper(?) inside a scout ship and permafreezing the game, and disappearing upon reloading. Multiple reloads, no luck. Finally I decided F*** it, took my Hunter equipped with Rockets, and blew a hole in the side of the ship, chucked a nade in, end of story. Extremely annoying, but you can workaround it if you don't mind blowing things up.

Finally I decided F*** it, took my Hunter equipped with Rockets, and blew a hole in the side of the ship, chucked a nade in, end of story. Extremely annoying, but you can workaround it if you don't mind blowing things up.

Well, if you don't install "Fire in the Hole" mod in addition to XNT, you can't make holes in UFOs. Also, you have to know why it's freezing. Imho, it would be best if they wouldn't put so much stuff in such a tiny space.

I like this Mod, because it is my first one I play. I´m End Dezember in the first year and I played it with upgraded Standard-Balistics. The new Rockets and Grenades (Alenium), Coyote Armor I have. As well as the next Fighter which is coming I have got now. But I can´t reaserch Lasers. I know that a Special Reaserch is needed, but that what I need didn´t come again.

The new CE-Version installed automaticlly (Steam Version) and the Mod is running normal. But Lasers are not reserachable about the reason I told.

• 2 weeks later...

An issue with the ModMerging of the Rocket Launcher Ammo which caused an incompatibility with XCE 0.31 has been resolved. Several strings have been fixed and the ModInfo.xml file has been updated accordingly.

Patch Download:

XNT v6.0 Patch for X:CE 0.31

Patch Installation Instructions:

Step 1 - Update X:CE to v0.31

Step 2 - Goto your Xenonauts Mod Folder and extract the patch. (For Steam Users: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Xenonauts\assets\mods\")

Step 3 - Accept all Overwrites.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys,

i'm having a possible bug with technology unlocks - specifically the foxtrot. See i thought it would unlock once you researched the corvette (downed about 12 of them, captured 7 and airstriked the rest), but nothing is happening. Am i missing some sort of research prerequisite or do i just fail?

I'm running Xenonauts (Legacy), XCE 0.31 and XNT 6.0 (patched by podbelski/no OOS)

I also have a problem researching Landing Ships...how long after you capture one do you get to start disassembling them...I've captured about 7 now and still no results in being able to disassemble them. I've already finished researching enriched Alien alloy and enriched Alenium. And plenty of advanced weapons...but still no sign that Landing Ships research will ever finish. Landing Ship research is not something I can give to my scientist to research it is suppose to be automatically researched.

Ops WRONG forum topic...sorry.

Edited by Larry Burstyn

enriched alenium? Haven't seen this in XNT. Looks like you have other mods active and this can be the cause of problems.

again, once you capture a ufo you get the datacore which opens the research project. After the research, you can use another datacore for a manufacture project. If you don't see these projects something terrible has happened to your installation, IMO