Need a bit of noob advice...

Crucades

Hey all, just got the game and loving it, sorry if this question has came up before but...

Currently on Feb in my first playthrough, everything is going well (playing on easy) have a few bases up and am managing to intercept most if not all UFOs (corsair/foxtrots).

Am stuck on finding a Leader to interrogate, ive read that you find them in alien bases but havent delved into further into researching as to try and limit myself to spoilers, currently am shooting down landing craft and at best only capturing officers.

When do alien bases appear? My only complaint with the game so far is that constant ground combat is getting a bit dull and quite repetitive as currently there is nothing new going on with my current game, just blasting medium UFOs and hoping for find a leader for the past 20 or so engagments.

Thanks for any help :D

Bases appear after certain specific UFOs manage to land and build them. If you keep shooting them all down, then there aren't any aliens there to build the thing.

If I remember correctly, there's actually a base that will trigger-spawn after a certain amount of time to prevent this specific issue, though I do not remember how many months are required. I think it's also affected by the difficulty setting, as I've had it pop up quite quickly whenever I'm playing on the harder difficulties.