[v0.29 XCE - air combat] aiming issues

thixotrop

I think this "bug" has to be here, but I am not quite sure actually.

Have started a new game after a full new install via Steam (XCE v0.29), also deleted all files from the steam folders.

Installed some Mods too: Blood, FitH v3.0, Soldier roles in minibars, Select next soldier, Skitsos improved tile art and the map-pack, true laser beam. They do not work properly together at the moment - for instance "soldier-roles" and "select next soldier" in ground combat - but I may have installed the mods in the wrong order, which I have to check later.

However, I haven't changed anything for air combat (as far as I know) and have some problems with it.

When my jets approach the UFO the meeting lines go strange, of UFO and jets. When zooming in this becomes worse. It wouldn't worry me, if it was only visual, but the jets actually follow the meeting point and move away from the UFO, even when the UFO flies directly to them.

This is because, although the UFO flies towards the jet the meeting point suddenly goes to the right, the jet follows that. The UFO seems not to be affected by this.

Additionally, when very close the lines becoming realy crazy, which then slows down the combat to very low framerates for one or two seconds. This doesn't happen when the jets do not have the UFO as target but have a manually set flow path.

air combat glitches 1.jpg

air combat glitches 2.jpg

air combat glitches 1.jpg

air combat glitches 2.jpg

577e7d23bd3b1_aircombatglitches1.thumb.j

577e7d23c5597_aircombatglitches2.thumb.j

yes i allways experience this..so most time i go into aircombat i try to make "manual pathing" to reducing this glimmering think...i guess the ai is so inteligent that makes my silly pc almost fire up itself .

All the time? It annoyed me the very first time I have seen this.

And I don't think it is only visual, so much for glimmering, as my jet simply goes off course though the UFO comes straight to it.

This is typically shortly before the green targetting cones becoming effective. Suddenly the little icon where the targetting lines meet moves away and my jet follows, totally stupid.

Furthermore, I haven't encountered more than one UFO per fight so far in this game, but when there will be two UFOs and you can't target because of this, how do you select the UFO the missles should go to?

Now they fire as soon as the UFO enters the green cone area.

By the way, is this due to my Mods, the XCE version or now even in vanilla?

To be honest, if this is mods, I remove them. If this is XCE I will not do manual air combat anymore.

Furthermore, I haven't encountered more than one UFO per fight so far in this game, but when there will be two UFOs and you can't target because of this, how do you select the UFO the missles should go to?

Interceptors fire missiles at whatever UFO they have a target lock on (shown both in the AC grid view and in the panel on the right).

By the way, is this due to my Mods, the XCE version or now even in vanilla?

To be honest, if this is mods, I remove them. If this is XCE I will not do manual air combat anymore.

I don't know, as I said, I'd need to see the problem first.

I made a save game shortly before an air combat: [ATTACH]5489[/ATTACH]

Two ways to see what I mean:

When in AC target the UFO with the two jets and go straight to it.

When they approach, the meeting point will suddenly fall back behind the UFO. If you don't fire, the jets will pass the UFO towards this point (if they survive).

Separate the jets so that the UFO will target one only.

Approach from two sides.

When they are very close to it (don't shoot) and/or they have to circle to target it again, the meeting line goes off sideways the UFO. This is not always the same, I guess it depends which jet is how close to the UFO. Nevertheless the meeting point is always buggy.

EDIT: Ooops, just have seen that it is v0.28...no I am not from the future...

If a moderator sees that, please change the title.

b4 AC.sav

b4 AC.sav

Edited by thixotrop