Skitso's improved tile art pack

Skitso

This mod gives a more comprehensive all around improvement to Xenonauts' ground combat tile art.

Here are a few examples of what this mod does: (vanilla/modified)

8XDN6wl.jpg

Fixes farm hedge and stone wall tiling/shadow problems and adds a more visually pleasing damaged state.

tI7nYQC.jpg

Improved desert mesas (removed cardboard cutout feel with added shadows, adding polish/detail and better cropping)

ztiXoAU.jpg

Added drop shadow to containers. Slight color changes to many industrial props to fit the overall mood better.

8AEHktk.jpg

Slight color/contrast adjustments to many desert tileset props to make them fit better in the scenery.

VgYw4u6.jpg

This pack also includes my earlier improved tree stumps.

Plus many, many more small graphical fixes here and there.

DOWNLOAD (last updated: 19.03.2015)

Installation: This mod needs to be installed in the oldskool way, so unpack to Xenonauts install directory and overwrite everything.

Edited by Skitso

superb work with this skitso, i literally cant play with your mods installed..but i have problem.

Every time i apply this patch in the main directory, all the maps becomes crazy, with "ghost containers" piercing walls, ramdon garbage in the tiles that all can be trasspased without problems :c.

After i removed it from the folders i can load all my "error testing savegame" without problems and everything looks normal, i dont know if this is related but after i searched in the content of this pack, i notice the little fact that all the atlas numbers are changed and switched (containers in vainilla are atlas04 but in this pack is atlas00 and so on).

Sorry bothering you :c.

Edited by blackwolf

hi skitso sorry for bothering you again, but i have a really odd problem when using this mod :(.

i followed all your instructions and unziped the content in the main folder. but after that i got some really strange bugs with it, and i dont know why :c?.....but after i unnistall this pack, everything become normal again in the same spots.

Im using your map pack and also the kabill's one, and XNT 6.0, i dont know if there is some relation, but it looks like im the only one getting this issue :S.

Edited by blackwolf

Oh, sorry I missed your earlier post. You mentioned you have containers in atlas04, right? It seems your game is not up to date. Please remove the game (would be better to manually remove the whole installation directory) and reinstall the most recent version (1.09) of it.

If this doesn't help, I really don't know what could cause it. Works like a charm for me and nobody else has complained...:confused: Hope you get it to work.

Edited by Skitso

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Bag

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5535[/ATTACH]

replaced the original files

assets\tiles\industrial\atlas01.png

assets\tiles\industrial\atlas02.png

assets\tiles\industrial\atlas03.png

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5536[/ATTACH]

I uhh... installed this mod without making backups like a fool and now I have this bug. Could you upload those original files temporarily so I could fix my game without reinstalling it, please?

Edited by Reactorcore

Reactor i got this problem too, but was because i forgot to update the game to 1.09, make completely sure that you are running a 1.09 version of the game, GH changed the atlas configuration in 1.08(IIRC), so if you use a version prior that then you'll find that kind of screwed graphics, hope this helped you :).

Reactor i got this problem too, but was because i forgot to update the game to 1.09, make completely sure that you are running a 1.09 version of the game, GH changed the atlas configuration in 1.08(IIRC), so if you use a version prior that then you'll find that kind of screwed graphics, hope this helped you :).

YES! It worked!

Thanks man. :D