Basic weapon challenge. Q: Dmg/armor/resist values.

Bayonet

First of all, thank you Devs and those who pre-ordered to create this game!

*My personal challenge.

Insane, Ironman, Rifle as main weapon for every soldier, cannot upgrade rifle, cannot use wolf armor or robotic (tank) armor. First time playing, enjoying the challenge. Feeling happy about capturing the first Sebillion I encountered using melee attacks and flash grenades *woot* for advanced medical pack.

Questions.

1. Alien armor system. *Note, I understand EMP grenades are more efficient for Androns, just using Andron for example to understand armor/resist system.*

Using a Andron (as an example) for Kinetic damage type example, im curious if the naturally high Kinetic defense can be weakened. If C4 was used before opening fire with Kinetic weapons, would the C4 weaken the Androns high Kinetic defense, allowing bullets to penetrate? Or would the C4 weaken the Incendiary armor allowing Frag grenades to deal more damage.

2.a) How many Kinetic bullets would it take to weaken the Androns high Kinetic armor so bullets have an effect, i.e. can aliens with high resistance type breakdown like a riot shield?

2.b) If a) is correct, does the raw armor value effect other resistant levels, i.e. C4 used to break Predators 'armor' (not Incendiary armor, but raw armor) so all four resistances is dropped allowing easier capture of Predators.

All armour values are independent of one another, so doing energy or incendiary damage will only weaken that armour type and not others.

Armour depletes at a rate of 20% of the damage absorbed by an attack. So if a target with 20 armour is hit for 10 damage, the target takes nothing and their armour depleted by 2 (10*20%). If the same target is hit for 20 damage instead, they take nothing but armour is reduced by 4 (20*20%). If the same target is hit for 30 damage, the target takes 10 damage and their armour is reduced by 4 (since only 20 damage was absorbed, it's still 20*20%).

I'm 95% certain that no alien in the game has an armour value that will 100% resist a rifle bullet, so every shot will have a chance of doing some actual damage. But, obviously, the more you shoot them the less armour they will have.

Much appreciated kabill!

Just like to confirm.

-When a target takes dmg and loses armor value, is there any indication how much armor he has lost on Insane difficulty.

-Are the armor values on wiki correct: http://xenonauts.wikia.com/wiki/Alien_Stats

-What other weapons deal Kinetic damage apart from main weapons?

-If I understand correctly...throwing 2 flash grenades will reduce a targets Chemical resistance, which increases the potency of stun gas.

Im also interested in understanding the Suppression mechanic. Do aliens/soldiers have a suppression level?

If a single rifle shot is 20 suppression, then 3 direct hits should equal one burst triple shot of 60. I do suspect the maths would be similar to armor reduction?

Also, after aliens are suppressed, will additional flash grenades (or suppression fire) reduce the aliens TU available next turn?