[X:CE 0.26+] Reduced Inventory

kabill

Reduced Inventory

Xenonauts 2014-08-24 12-18-08-234.jpg

Tired of soldiers carrying round sacks of guns and ammo? Well, this is the mod for you!

Features:

- Reduced Inventory Space: The backpack has been reduced from a 5x5 grid to a 3x3 grid, while the belt has lost the end 2x2 section. As such, inventory space is reduced to less than half in vanilla.

- Too Big to Carry: Two-handed weapons (i.e. anything other than pistols) are now too big to fit in a soldier's inventory, making it impossible to carry several big guns. As a result, soldier's armaments matter a slot more as they cannot easily slip between different roles during ground combat.

- Smaller Pistols: Some items - notably pistols but also the stun rod - have had their sizes reduced significantly. This makes them fit better in the reduced inventory and generally makes them more reasonable backup weapons by not taking up so much space.

The mod is also set up so that it will work with Fire in the Hole if you are using it (the breaching charge and plasma breaching charge have a reduced size).

Download:

Reduced Inventory

Note that this mod is only compatible with the Community Edition mod.

Install Instructions:

1) Unpack the download into the assets/mods or install using the mod installer in the Xenonauts launcher.

2) Open the two files in assets/mods/Reduced inventory/scripts

3) In each file, delete the top line which reads "-- DELETE ME" and save the files.

Uninstall Instructions:

Delete the Reduced Inventory folder from mods folder, or use the uninstall function in the Xenonauts launcher.

Known Issues:

- Sometimes there can be issues with auto-swapping equipment in ground combat (items will appear to occupy spaces they shouldn't be able to).

- Also, equipping soldiers using the right mouse button will cause items sometimes to be allocated incorrectly. You should drag-and-drop equipment instead to avoid that happening.

Acknowledgements:

- Although I did the work myself, the original inventory reduction work was done by Mikhail Ragulin for use in his Magnum-Nauts mod and I think the scripts in this mod are probably exactly the same.

Xenonauts 2014-08-24 12-18-08-234.jpg

577e7d1fe7065_Xenonauts2014-08-2412-18-0

Edited by kabill

can this feature made armour dependant????.

just to make an idea:

-wolf armour: light with more cargo space.

-predator: almost none cargo space.

this would made the armour sistem more deep and interesting :0.

It can't as things stand, no. Might be a nice option to have, but it would require quite a lot of changes, though (strictly speaking all this mod does is take away UI support for the unused inventory tiles; they still actually still exist in game.

- Although I did the work myself, the original inventory reduction work was done by Mikhail Ragulin for use in his Magnum-Nauts mod and I think the scripts in this mod are probably exactly the same.

I've actually gone back to vanilla sizes now. Partly because I've got a few more smaller items (and therefore a variety of stuff to put in the space)...and partly due to the general bugginess of the smaller sizes (stuff occupying space outside the tiles) - or have you found a way around the nuances?

I've actually gone back to vanilla sizes now. Partly because I've got a few more smaller items (and therefore a variety of stuff to put in the space)...and partly due to the general bugginess of the smaller sizes (stuff occupying space outside the tiles) - or have you found a way around the nuances?

I've not done anything to resolve those issues, no. My assumption is that it shouldn't come up too much, though. Might see if some code support can be found to make it better at some point, in any case.

I've not done anything to resolve those issues, no. My assumption is that it shouldn't come up too much, though. Might see if some code support can be found to make it better at some point, in any case.

It was pointed out once that the empty spaces can be filled with (unusable) objects by right-clicking them in the equip screen, which was another issue.

However, it might just be something simple that I missed (d'oh!). I found this when changing the ground inventory size. My files were from an older version, where the ground was only 5 high, which was causing high objects (like the shield) to crash the game when it overlapped on the edge of the floor (which was probably the old shield bug crash, I guess which was fixed by making the ground 6 high - which is why my file was outdated). So I changed my file to 6, and an extra row of tiles appeared, no crashes. The relevant/similar bit of code for the backpack is:

InventoryContainer   {    name  = "backpack",     x = 610 * screenScaleX,     y = 145 * screenScaleY,     w = 10 + 5 * Floor( 30 * screenScaleX ),     h = 10 + 5 * Floor( 30 * screenScaleX ) + 22 * screenScaleY,    headimage = "uitextures/sequip/frametoptrans",    bodyimage = "uitextures/sequip/framebottomtrans2",     bordersize = 2,     headersize = 26 * screenScaleY,     location = 1,

whereas I was just interfering with the actual tiles. I haven't tried this, but I suspect the 5's here (and in sequip gc) control the inventory size (as that's all there is for the ground inventory, no tiles defined for that - and changing to 3 might get rid of any issues). Could be worth a try.