[Suggestion] Small GUI changes

zolobolo

These four have also been done by a few mods and are probably easy to do without effects on other elements:

- Extension of the weapon selection list so all default weapons are comfortably displayed

- Showing kills and missions on the soldier inventory page in combat and maybe even make them more apparent on all places being an important indicator for the user how valuable the soldier is (is one of the few elements enhancing role playing aspect)

- In the soldier list screen make both (all three including the memory wall) options identical when selecting - currently the inflation table as well as the selection window jumps up and down since not all pages are formatted identically

- Extend the soldier list page so that it can host at least 12 soldiers making scrolling and least till the endgame unnecessary

There may also have been a mod which describing how to do the above thing, if someone can point me to that it would also be greatly appreciated so I can set these myself until it would become the norm :)

I didn't install the CE yet, but one thing I'm missing in vanilla's xenopedia is some entry in the stats of dropships of max. soldier loadout. Maybe this could be added (unless it's done already)? There seems to be enough space in the stats displayed in the lower right corner.

Edited by UfoTubby

Another suggestion if I may add one. I'd greatly appreciate a mod that allows you to form squads/fire teams/strike teams of soldiers. The obvious place to put this would be the soldier management screen. This would allow the user to put X number of soldiers into a squadron and then place that entire squadron into the Charlie-1. This would also help if like me you split your squadron into two equal sized strike teams. If possible I would like to see this implemented into ground combat as well. A separate button for strike team A and B, perhaps with a line or box to show who is in that strike team. Clicking this new button would select the highest ranking member of that strike team.

Dunno if that would still fit under "small" for a GUI change, but IMO it would be nice for a quick overview if we somehow could sort what aircraft/dropship is occupying which hangar in the base view. So maybe have the foxtrots all on the left, the dropship on the very right, or similar.

Thar she blows

Thanks Mikhail, weapon selection bar worked like a charm

I have used a multiplier of 1.07 this seems to fit the vanilla ballistic roster the most naturally

The personnel clipboard seems to be immune to the changes to personnelview.lua though or at least to the parameters mentioned in the link - have these been moved since then to somewhere else?