Questios about wounds

1.- How the game determines when receive critical wound and bleeding?

2.- When a soldier is bleeding. How do I know how much HPs he will lose per turn (I lost a soldier with something like 5HPs in single turn).

3.- Once I have a resurection (I clearly saw the "XENONAUT CORPSE" description and the blood in inventory when tried to use medkit on he, and after mission he appeared alive with 1HP). How works these resurections?

4.- Can the aliens suffer critical and bleed

5.- I sometimes see alien corpses (logic after air crash). But sometimes I hear from darkness the sound efect of alien screams when they die. And these sounds occurts without previous civilian shoot (just aliens screaming "brbrbrbrrbgrgrgrgr") And so I thinked that maybe tsome of they began the mission with HPs loss, critical woounds bleeding or simple they are stupid and are walking over the flames. Anybody knows why this screams happens?

6.- There is any way of know how much "stun famage" a soldier has received? And can I recover one stuned soldier with medikit?. Usually these fools throw the gas grenades on his feet. And once I tried to recover an sleepy soldier by gas grenade, but wasted all the medikit and nothing happens.

Thanks for answers.

1. For every 20 damage a soldier takes from an attack, there's a 35% chance of them suffering a critical wound.

2. Each critical wound inflicts 5 damage/turn. There's no way to tell how many critical wounds a soldier has taken, though, other than the damage amount they take (and, honestly, if a soldier has taken more than one critical wound odds are they're going to die before you get another turn anyway).

3. There's a random chance of a dead soldier recovering at the end of a successful mission if they were reduced to no less than -20 HP. The chance of reviving is higher the less damage they took, but there's no way to influence recovery (i.e. you can't use medikits to save people).

4. No.

5. It's mostly likely walking over fire. There's a bug in the game which means that tiles continue to be affected by fire until the play reveals the relevant tiles (even if the fire should have burned out). If you got a power core explosion, that basically means there'll be a massive area of fire that aliens will merrily walk through over and over again until they die.

6. Don't think so, no.

both bleeding, chance and damage needed can be modified in config.xml. Personally I don't like 5HP wound damage. I had plenty of situation of wolf armour getting hit by 70 damage. That can yield up to 3 wounds which means 15HP of additional damage. No way to save soldier. Even X-COM wasn't that brutal on wounds.

I thinked an exponential could be a good idea, by doing more likely to save soldier if you want and to punish too hard if you don't act quickly.

For example, first turn you receive 1HP per wound, second turn you receive 2HP per wound, third turn 4HP per wound and so on. Then if you reach the soldier in 1 or 2 turns it is very likely to save him, if you reach on 3 or 4 turns depends on wounds and health and later very likely to die.

Bleeding seems fine in my opinion. My only complaint is the the Bleeding effect taking effect on the turn after the effect is applied.

For example, I had a soldier survive a plasma hit during the Aliens turn, but with very low health. When my turn started the soldier knelled over and died.

Annoying, but just a minor suggestion.

Bleeding seems fine in my opinion. My only complaint is the the Bleeding effect taking effect on the turn after the effect is applied.

For example, I had a soldier survive a plasma hit during the Aliens turn, but with very low health. When my turn started the soldier knelled over and died.

Delaying the bleeding by one turn would be cool. :) I find it most annoying, especially when I get hit by 2 smoke grenades and bleed for 8hp that turn. Far from fine imo..