[v0.27] LUA Scripts Loading Oddity

kabill

Seems to be some oddness with loading LUA scripts.

I was testing to see if the _BaseBuilt script was loading. I added in a new knowledge unlock and loaded the game. It didn't work. I quit and loaded the game again. Nothing.

I then decided to try removing something. Did this, loaded the game. The entry I removed was gone, and the entry I'd wanted to add in was now appearing as it should.

I then went and reverted the removal of the entry but left the new one in (so everything was back to what I'd started with). Loaded the game, and the new entry is there.

Not entirely sure what's going on there. It could be that it's taking several game-loads to get working properly (note that I'd installed the mod manually rather than using the mod installer). Alternatively, perhaps it's because I made a change to the file when in situ and saved it? Not sure why that would trigger it, but it's the only other thing I can think of.

To follow up on this, I've repeated the issue using a number of other LUA modifications.

It seems that on installation (either manually or using the mod installer) the game won't load the changes in the new LUA files. However, once they're in place, if you open and save the files then the game will start using them properly.