Some battlescape UI feature requests.

Firstly i apologize for my engrish. It's close to zero, or even

level. I hope you can understand the text & pictures below. Secondly, i'm only YouTube player, so i can be wrong. Google Translate FTW!

It's all about quick use instead of lurking into inventory screen.

1. If you have more than one weapon set, you must change it in inventory screen. I suggest some UI improvement. Due to my terrible language skill i will use pictures, lol. So, number one:

Feature 1.jpg

2. Feature two:

Feature 2.jpg

3. Three:

Feature 3.jpg

Oh, and another important note. Feature number one can include healing too. Medpack should be usable item just like weapon for this working.

If this thread is too hilarious, then delete it. Or not?

Feature 1.jpg

Feature 2.jpg

Feature 3.jpg

577e7c87d09b4_Feature1.thumb.jpg.ebdc1b9

577e7c87d40f0_Feature2.thumb.jpg.e46da05

577e7c87d8365_Feature3.thumb.jpg.92ffff6

Picking items up from the ground doesn't need a quick access button in my opinion.

Those should be left for things that will be done often to reduce GUI clutter.

I think the reload button will work that way, as does the grenade button.

Best to bring it up though in case Chris has forgotten about multiple rocket types.

The quick list of weapons would also be useful.

I think something similar was suggested a while back but not quite in the same way.

Good first post ;)

Picking items up from the ground doesn't need a quick access button in my opinion.

Those should be left for things that will be done often to reduce GUI clutter.

I think it would be often in case to avoid one-hand-throw penalty. Drop weapon -> throw grenade -> pick up weapon. Sometimes it nedeed to drop a useless weapon; e.g. rocket launcher, since soldier has no rockets anymore or machinegun with no ammo, or just drop firearm and pick up plasma.

And now i see another feature. Maybe it would be useful. Grenade button will be useless if we can choose throwing stuff, weapons and medpack through the feature number one from the first post. It can be replaced with exchange button like this:

Feature 4.jpg

Also it would be great to implement hotkeys everywhere. For a little example, at the geoscape A, W, S, D acting like moving in FPS, it's quite silly. "W" fits well for "Workshop" tab at the base (can show workshop at the last base, before switching to the geoscape), "S" is for "Stores", "A" - "Aircraft", "R" - "Research" and so on.

On this screenshot i see a small typo http://www.xenonauts.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/groundcombat_landed.jpg Kutznetsov should be replaced by Kuznetsov. And, in this video author says "Sasha" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4yp-yhhx44 Sasha is short name of Alexander, like Bob or Bobby is Robert and Mike is short for Michael

Good first post ;)

Swe-e-e-et.

Feature 4.jpg

577e7c87df235_Feature4.thumb.jpg.0cc5029

I think it would be often in case to avoid one-hand-throw penalty. Drop weapon -> throw grenade -> pick up weapon. Sometimes it nedeed to drop a useless weapon; e.g. rocket launcher, since soldier has no rockets anymore or machinegun with no ammo, or just drop firearm and pick up plasma.

Dropping and picking up the weapon will use TU's as well; probably more than just paying the grenade penalty (otherwise what's the point?)

Dropping weapons that have just become useless is a rare enough action that going to the inventory to do it shouldn't be a problem; I'd rather leave quick-slots/actions for actions that will happen often in combat.

Great ideas!

I really like 1 and 3 (the right-click to quickly select weapons and ammo), I also like the exchange idea.

Like some of the others, I do not think pick up/drop need quick actions - I might press them accidently... but I would not exactly mind if they were there.

Chris has mentioned that he has an exchange method planned, just not yet ready to implement.

I would imagine that would also be from within the inventory screen though, no need for it to be on the main GUI.

For it to work you would need some way to see who was close by and a way to interact with them as well.

I would imagine that would also be from within the inventory screen though, no need for it to be on the main GUI. For it to work you would need some way to see who was close by and a way to interact with them as well.

Yes, it can be a problem. It may work in this way:

Exchange 1.jpg

OR

We can abandon the exchange buttons at all. On the main GUI or in inventory. Exchange option in the cursor may appear when normal cursor hovering over a soldier, who stay in adjacent tile. Then right-click enables the exchange menu, while the left works as usual.

If it is not clear enough, I'll draw more pictures, lol.

Exchange 1.jpg

577e7c87eaff9_Exchange1.thumb.jpg.46c84f