Linux Version Fails to Get List of Resolutions With NVIDIA/Dual Monitor Setup

The Linux version fails to get a list of resolutions in the launcher when using a dual monitor setup and the NVIDIA proprietary drivers.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Enable two monitors on the same X screen in nvidia-settings
  2. Load Xenonauts launcher via Steam or the command line

Results:

The resolution list is empty.

Expected Results:

A list of possible resolutions smaller than the larger monitor resolution.

Workaround:

Disable one monitor in nvidia-settings. Launcher functions normally.

Log Output:

http://pastebin.com/unSqzxby

Extra Information:

I tried disabling the second monitor, loading Xenonauts, and then enabling the second monitor again; however, Xenonauts only works correctly on the "primary" display (mouse events do not process correctly on the second).

Please let me know how I can help!

I'm sorry, I don't think there's anything we can do here. The dated engine obviously can't cope with having two monitors running using your setup, and without the source code for the engine we can't do any updates to change that.

I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

I'm sorry, I don't think there's anything we can do here. The dated engine obviously can't cope with having two monitors running using your setup, and without the source code for the engine we can't do any updates to change that.

I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Don't worry about what I want to hear: you've made a great game and I just hope I can help you make it better. :)

Just a thought: is there any way to just tell the game what resolution to launch in? For example, does the engine have or could you add to the launcher a command-line option like --resolution <width>x<height>? I know I'm a little bit of a special case and that since you can't manipulate the engine directly your options are limited, but if a "manual override" like that were possible, I know the rest of the special cases and I would be grateful.

It's rather strange that you'd be given no resolution at all, I get a good selection. The very wide screen you have shouldn't confuse the code into giving you no resolution at all. Are you sure you get no resolutions offered in the combobox for both checkbox values? What is the output of 'xrandr' for you?

I've never un-checked the "run in a window" selection as I don't want to run the game full screen, but I will see if that affects the resolution selection when I get home.

When "run in a window" is checked, there are definitely no resolutions in the combo box, and clicking "Play Game" just shuts down the launcher.

For now, here's my xrandr output: http://pastebin.com/jkVPNntK

In case it's relevant, the "primary" monitor is my small, "desktop things go here" monitor and is old and nvidia detects it incorrectly. Its max and native resolution is 1280x1024, and it operates there when gdm isn't running the show (but I'm not home to log in and make it switch).