Can we receive a base asault at begining?

I finally lost my first game (veteran) due to funfing lose.

I noticed that if we do second base on second month on the third month we would lose almost all founding. Then the plan for second assault is clear: do one aditional base at begining or two aditionals on second month.

The pronblem cames that my idea of a base includes a small garrison and some missile defense, but if we wnat do bases with 1 or 2 interceptors, 1 radar. garrison betwen 8 and 12 soldiers, it would cost omething like 1$ Million each base and more manintenance than funding income if have 2 aditional bases.

Then I had the idea of do 2 "only interceptor" bases during first months (with one radar plus 2 hangars each). Totally indefenses but capable of stop the funding bleeding, and then in 3rd or 4th month put on them garrison and batteries. But I remember then the original game when sometimes we received the classic "First day" base assault and things like this, what became a stupidity fill the bases of installations before they were well defended (some tank, some soldiers and some missiles).

In Xenonauts the aliens do this kind of things?

Double post because... because.

TBH, you can tell pretty damn quickly when a UFO is making a beeline for a base. All you have to do is wait a little for the whole wave to appear and you can figure out which ufos are on CAP, which ones are doing ground missions and which evil bugger is going to raid a base.

Or you can use my Lore+ mod which will give you helpful tips for what to look for.