[1.5/X:CE] Cybernetic Armour

kabill

Actually no. Do I need it to be installed aswell to have your mod fully functioning?

Edit1: Ok it's in the desciption of the armour resource pack but not in the description of the actual armour mod, right? So if it's mandatory for your mod to work, maybe you could include that information along with a link to assist incompetent readers like me :)

So I installed both packs now, the resource pack and the actual armour mod, and I still can't seem to manufacture the wulf armor. It doesn't even show up in my xenopedia as a researched type of armor, so there still has to be something wrong.

I have installed "Armoured Assault", "Fire in the Hole!", "Armour resource pack", "Cybernetic Armour", "Khall's more Portraits" and Skitsos sleek AI turns and Map pack. Is there any conflict in those mods that results into this problem of mine?

PS: Sorry for the doublepost, my browser can't seem to allow me to edit a post propperly :(

It is still the same "old" save, yes. I could restart I guess, although I'm not the biggest fan of that at the moment :)

I installed most of the mods via the mod-manager in the launcher. Some of them needed to be installed manually, so they are not located in the mods folder. The frustrating thing is, that if I start a new save and try to reach the same point in research and then find myself having the same missing wulf armor (that is really rather essential in my opinion) again, the new save was all for nothing.

As I normally play every ground mission per hand, reaching that point takes about 10 to 15 hours of gaming.

Maybe I will alter the game files so i can research in minutes rather then hours for the testing purposes.

Something you could do is go to assets/scripts and open _BaseBuilt.lua

In that file, add in unlockResearch( "Researches.Wolf" );

Then start a new game. The Wolf armour tech should be unlocked from the start of the game. Try researching it and if when you finish it unlocks the manufacturing project then everything should be fixed on a new game. (Remember to remove the line you added to the file once you've checked).

I did what you suggested, but when I start a new game nothing ahs changed (no new research option at all). The same problem appears when i alter the construction.xml and the research.xml to be able to go through tech faster (like I wanted to try in my last post). It doesn't seem to matter what i change (I tried changing nearly everything now), everytime I start a new game the changes are gone and I have all the money, options and timesettings that the standard game has. When i look back into the files the altered values are still there. I am really confused now... it seems that the game ignores all my files in the assets folder regardless or that i change in them.

Is my install broken or anything?

Is it even possible, that the game runs without propper *.xml files in the assets folder?

Jeah I am using the "Community Edition" which I forgot to tell you about. And in that regard I found out, that it has it's own basic files for a lot of stuff like the research.xml. So I was stupid enough to edit the files in the assets folder while XCE uses the one in the xce folder. So after changing that I was able to alter the whole research speed, I have yet to test the altered production speed and haven't had time to research all the way to wulf again. When I've done that I will get back to you. At the moment I'm thinking the problem will have been the missing resource pack and that a rerun will fix that.

I really have to thank you for that very quick and kind support, you are a great guy! And sorry that I stuffed your thread with so much nonsense.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick question for clarification: When you say that Cybernetic armor needs to be set to higher priority than the Armour Resource pack, does that mean it's PO # needs to be higher or lower? The launcher isn't to clear about whether the mods are launched in ascending or descending order.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This mod looks amazing; thanks for the hard work. I was wondering if this mod is backwards compatible. I already have a game going on the community edition and I don't want to restart; if I load the mod, will it be active for current and future games? or only future games?

This mod looks amazing; thanks for the hard work. I was wondering if this mod is backwards compatible. I already have a game going on the community edition and I don't want to restart; if I load the mod' date=' will it be active for current and future games? or only future games?[/quote']

It should be backwards compatible--provided you have the loading setup correct.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Kabill. I tried installing the armor resource pack (just so I can use this mod) through the launcher mod manager but it just freezes the launcher.. It doesn't install properly. So I tried doing it manually by copypasting and installing Cybernetic mod from the manager after but it just gives me a bunch of "####" as text in the main menu of the game. When I try loading my any save games it just gives me a CTD.

I'm playing with 0.32 X:CE.

The freeze on installation is probably just because the Armour Resource Pack is huge and so takes a while to unpack. So try installing it and leave your machine alone for ~10 minutes or so.

In terms of a manual install, it's difficult to know what exactly the problem is without knowing what precisely you did. Did you copy the Armour Resource Pack files into the Cybernetic Armour mod or did you create a new mod for them? If the former, the Armour Resource Pack files will overwrite some important files needed for Cybernetic Armour to work which is probably what is causing the problem. If the latter, it might be due to mod priority, so make sure that Cybernetic Armour is given higher priority than the Armour Resource Pack (which will appear blank in the mod manager, unhelpfully).

If none of this works, give me a detailed description of what you did and I will try and figure out the problem.