XE0.27 Cant start new base on new game

Steves

I'm new to the forum.

I have version 1.09. Loaded XCE 0.27 (and xcesettings and Skitsos map pak 2000 v1.1) by overwriting all files when extracting into the /assets subdir. I start a new game but when it asks me to make the first base, before I can try, it says I don't have enough funds. My funds say 1 million.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help. Long time X-COM player, love the game so far!

Also, any way to preserve my saved games; can I use them with XCE 0.27 mod?

Right now, after loading XCE 0.27, my soldiers don't show up on the "Manage Soldiers" panel, and sometimes it crashes to the desktop when I click on the empty "Manage Soldiers" panel. Is this a saved game incompatibility?

-steves

Edited by Steves

I am having the same issue. Loaded 0.27 from steam, downloaded the settings file, unpacked it, overwriting the files in steam/steamapps/common/Xenonauts/assets/mods (it replaced gameconfig.xml and modinfo.xml) and now when I try and start a new game, when I go to make my first base it says insufficient funds. It worked fine with just 0.27 without the settings files.

I'm 95% certain that the settings mod is a standalone and that it shouldn't be installed over the top of anything. I suspect this might be the problem.

Try reinstalling 0.27, and then install the options mod using the mod installer in the Xenonauts launcher.

What am I doing wrong?

You're not installing it properly. http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11624-Xenonauts-Community-Edition-0-26

Also, any way to preserve my saved games; can I use them with XCE 0.27 mod?

Yes.

Right now, after loading XCE 0.27, my soldiers don't show up on the "Manage Soldiers" panel, and sometimes it crashes to the desktop when I click on the empty "Manage Soldiers" panel. Is this a saved game incompatibility?

Unlikely.

Thanks for the replies. I installed it by over-writing since I read it would be more compatible with some of the other patches. However, when I installed version 0.26 using the "Modding Tools" submenu, it seems to work fine. Do you think version 0.27 is stable such that it will also work OK if installed properly?