Red ufo triangle (attached image)

2014-08-13_00001.jpg

Hii I'm totally new to this game (never played x-com too).
I'm playing several days and I have a question regarding to a small red triangle ufo.

When my radar detected the ufo at the first time I sent 2 interceptors, the ufo flying toward me and i'm toward him..(trying to intercept it).
When I was very close to the ufo my interceptors stopped moving, I never had the pup-up window that saying tail target or engage.
When I clicked the ufo it was not moving but still red. (it had a zero speed meter)

Is it normal? - Am I missing something?

Btw I don't if it is helps but the triangle never had a alien icon in it (maybe because it was too small I don't know).

Can you help me with that?

2014-08-13_00001.jpg

2014-08-13_00001.thumb.jpg.e91b290d50f02

Edited by lhovav

It's an alien fighter. Sounds like you encountered a bug of some kind as what you've described shouldn't happen. Never seen that bug ever though. Strange.

Out of wonder, do you have a save beforehand and if so do you know if reloading cures the problem? If you have a save and the bug persists, it would be worth posting the save on the bug subforum.

Hii first of all thanks for the quick replies :).

I did some 'research'.

1. I sent my dropship to it and it was shot down (I'm paying iron man mode) - so I ctrl+alt+del

2. I RTB my dropship and my interceptors and after my interceptors arrived to my base (just before the dropship) the fighter ufo started following me to my base (I sent my interceptors again and I had the pop up msg).

3. I RTB my drop ship and stayed with my interceptors around it and it vanished out to s

xeno1.jpg

xeno2.jpg

pace (Just disappeared for a blink of an eye)

Images attached.

Thanks

xeno1.jpg

xeno2.jpg

xeno1.thumb.jpg.9592510f89042ba0bf661001

xeno2.thumb.jpg.fe5ebe449154dc0cf4dc9c07

I will not tell you how to play your game, but does it not, kind of, defeats its purpose playing it in Iron man and then using Ctrl+Alt+Del on a bad situation? Regarding what you describe in your last post, this is perfectly normal. Alien fighters just get vanished into pieces when shot down and never generate ground missions.

Edit: Just a note. This game is quite unforgiving to player mistakes. Since this is your first time into the genre, not only the game, I strongly recommend playing it without Iron Man. Otherwise you risk quitting in rage.. :-)

Edited by ntalas

I will not tell you how to play your game, but does it not, kind of, defeats its purpose playing it in Iron man and then using Ctrl+Alt+Del on a bad situation?

Seems perfectly legit when trying to suss out a bug.

@lhovav: What you've described in your subsequent testing all seems fine. The only strange thing is the UFO stopping and not being intercepted. I can think of something which might explain it, but it should be impossible in an unmodded game and even then I doubt it's actually the cause.