Little weapon image tweak

mentatt76

I like this tweak, but I thought that if the scope is removed, the mounting should be too. Also, without the scope, how are you supposed to aim?

So I added iron sights and replaced the mounting with some notches I copied from the Plasma Caster.

Because I felt like it I made a third version where I removed the grey thingy in the middle over the battery. Decide which one you like better, I hope this picture helps:

rifles.jpg

High Res Version

Download the zipfile, unzip it, decide whether you want Version A or B (the picture is included in the file) and put the contents of the corresponding assets folder in your... assets folder.

[ATTACH]5293[/ATTACH]

Enjoy!

rifles.jpg

PlasmaVersions.zip

rifles.jpg.bc795f07c2e31636ef5699359cce0

PlasmaVersions.zip

I like it, are you planning to redo any of the other weapons?

Well, if you mean me, yes I am. I just finished the carbine and will do the caster soon.

carbines.jpg

High Res Version

As you can see, I removed the carbines scope too. If the quite accurate rifle doesn't have one anymore, why should the inaccurate carbine? Again, I added iron sights instead and made a version without the grey thingy over the battery. Also, to account for the missing scope mounting I adjusted the position of the notches at the front a bit.

To use one of the new carbines, download the zipfile, unzip it, decide whether you want Version A, B or C (see the picture above, it is included in the file too) and put the contents of the corresponding assets folder in your... assets folder.

[ATTACH]5317[/ATTACH]

As I said, I will attempt to remove the caster's scope too soon. That might be harder than the others, as the scope is integrated more tightly into the design than the others, but I will try if i manage to make something good-looking with my limited picture editing talent.

carbines.jpg

PlasmaCarbineVersions.zip

carbines.jpg.0cd3e6e4817f8a45a4a540df1c3

PlasmaCarbineVersions.zip

Eisfunke, I like what you did with the plasma weapons. However, the iron sights position on the carbine is totally wrong. It's a bullpup weapon so your cheek would be against the rear sight. If you moved it up to just over the trigger, made it a bit smaller and made the front sight about 25% smaller it would be more realistic. Good work though, and from a firearms standpoint the short sight radius would account for it's inaccuracy.

Nice, work Eisfunke. The vanilla plasma carbine reminds me of the P90. Personally I would probably have shortened the scope on the plasma rifle. Perhaps cut off what's in front of the small screw towards barrel of the rifle. For the carbine I'd either keep the iron sights or Change the vanilla version to something more like a reflex or holographic sight.

This is just my personal opinion, I like what you've done but I thought I'd give you a couple of ideas to consider.

I'm not not sure why, but I prefer the versions with the cover on the battery. In my mind it seems like something to help keep it in place and protect it to some degree. I'm not sure I'd want to find out what happens something pierces a plasma battery.

Nice catch Kitten, didn't notice that at first glance.

Edited by Sovereign

Eisfunke, I like what you did with the plasma weapons. However, the iron sights position on the carbine is totally wrong. It's a bullpup weapon so your cheek would be against the rear sight. If you moved it up to just over the trigger, made it a bit smaller and made the front sight about 25% smaller it would be more realistic.

Firstly, thank you! Secondly, you're right. I copied the sights from the rifle without thinking, I will fix it as soon as I find the time. Thanks for telling me.

Nice, work Eisfunke. The vanilla plasma carbine reminds me of the P90. Personally I would probably have shortened the scope on the plasma rifle. Perhaps cut off what's in front of the small screw towards barrel of the rifle. For the carbine I'd either keep the iron sights or Change the vanilla version to something more like a reflex or holographic sight.

This is just my personal opinion, I like what you've done but I thought I'd give you a couple of ideas to consider.

I'm going to experiment with the rifle scopes. I had the idea to copy the carbine's scope over to the rifle, hoping it looks less bulky and cumbersome than the old one.

Also, I really like the Idea of a reflex sight for the carbine. I'll see what I can do.

I'm not not sure why, but I prefer the versions with the cover on the battery. In my mind it seems like something to help keep it in place and protect it to some degree. I'm not sure I'd want to find out what happens something pierces a plasma battery.

That seems to be a matter of taste. I prefer the versions without because the look cleaner.

Before I start making the other sprites, is this version of the carbine's iron sights okay? Or should I change the positions/sizes again?

plasmacarbine-D.jpg

Edit: Version with smaller rear sight. Which one do you prefer?

plasmacarbine-E.jpg

Edit2: New version of the rifle, with the scope from the carbine. What do you think?

plasmarifle-C.jpg

plasmacarbine-D.jpg

plasmacarbine-E.jpg

plasmarifle-C.jpg

plasmacarbine-D.jpg.d94d5d0cc06eddb023c8

plasmacarbine-E.jpg.86c9db01553461b8ded1

plasmarifle-C.jpg.d574695f5da9d62903bd78

Edited by Eisfunke