Psionic Defense Parameter

So I looked over the "PsionicDefense" parameter and I have a couple questions/suggestions.

The documentation states that it will block all psychic attacks up to the listed value. However, it seems useless setting the degradation to be anything other than 1 and the points to simply be the amount of attacks blocked. It also treats all attacks under that value the same way, leaving no difference between an attack of 10 vs an attack of 100. Is it possible to set it so a psychic attack of say 30 is blocked without degradation, however one at 90 can only be blocked two times?

Each unit (Caesan Leader, Praetor Commander) has a different psionic strength parameter found in aiprops.xml. This is what I want I'm talking about in regards to the strength. The psionicpowers_gc.xml has a multiplier to modify this stat, for example Kabill uses it in the Hold the Line mod to decrease the strength of the higher tier powers.

I do like the idea of psionic strength factoring in to the psionic armour mechanics rather than having a flat value.

Alternatively, a system that works like the regular armour system might be interesting. So the psionic defence value subtracts from the attacker's roll/dives a set bonus to the defenders, but the psionic armour is reduced by a proportion of the roll blocked.

E.g. Soldier has psionic armour 50 and a Preator attempts mind control. The Praetor rolls a 65, which is reduced by the armour value of 50 down to 15. Because the psionic armour absorbed 50 psionic 'damage', the psionic armour is then depleted by a proportion of that (say 20%, reducing it to 40 instead).

That way, very high psionic attack scores can defeat armour, and over time armour will degrade and become less effective (which is similar to what the existing system does, without the all-or-nothing breakpoint).

EDIT: This said, the existing system hasn't really been tried out yet. I'm on the verge of completing a mod that will add in anti-psionic armour, though, so there'll be an opportunity to try it out.