[Vanilla 1.5x + Community Edition 0.31] The Lore+ Project

Max_Caine

Just a quick note, Henry is now working on the first of what will be either a two or three-parter (haven't made up my mind yet). There's going to be a light, narrative thread woven through this set of articles which will be designed to answer a question raised by a forumite.

Hello Max, thank you for improving this mod.

I'm currently using the 0.31 CE version and the included Lore+ mod and I think I have an issue with it. I'm still at the beginning of the game and got only a handful of new entries but I've already encountered three types of ceasans: the non-combatant, the guard and the psion, but I've got only two entries instead of three and the one that is missing concerns the blue aliens, the guards.

Is it a bug or do I still have to meet the requirements for that missing entry? Which would be strange because the psion ceasans are more advanced than the guards.

The entry featuring the guard features three classes of Caesan. To get the class entry for the guard, you have to kill a solider-class Caesan as a consequence. There is no separate entry for guards.

Edited by Max_Caine
additional information.

Ah, gotcha. Thank you.

I also got "ground assault mission" along with the "interception mission" entry only because I shot down a fighter class ufo. And while the invaders were indeed sending CAPs I still had to see any ground assault mission, which occured much later into the campaign.

?

I've downloaded my mod and checked the predicates. The only trigger present for any UFO mission is through completing a recovery mission (either shooting down or pouncing on a landed ufo). All ufo missions are 0-day pieces of research, so 12 in-game hours later, the research should be revealed. This should also mean that getting two pieces of UFO research for one UFO should be impossible, as what was happening previously was research was being triggered on both the mission trigger and the reseach trigger. Could I ask a favour? In /mods/Lore+/, please could you open up researches.xml. It should look a lot like this:

<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0" ss:Height="51">   <Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.ScoutingMission</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="Number">0</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s73"><Data ss:Type="String">UFOs</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.ImpossibleResearch</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s72"/>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.ScoutingMission" );</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s75"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.ScoutingMission</Data></Cell>  </Row>  <Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0" ss:Height="51">   <Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.ResearchMission</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="Number">0</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s73"><Data ss:Type="String">UFOs</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.ImpossibleResearch</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s72"/>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.ResearchMission" );</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s75"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.ResearchMission</Data></Cell>  </Row>  <Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0" ss:Height="51">   <Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.TerrorMission</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="Number">0</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s73"><Data ss:Type="String">UFOs</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.ImpossibleResearch</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s72"/>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.TerrorMission" );</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s75"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.TerrorMission</Data></Cell>  </Row>  <Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0" ss:Height="51">   <Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.GroundAttackMission</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="Number">0</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s73"><Data ss:Type="String">UFOs</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.ImpossibleResearch</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s72"/>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.GroundAttackMission" );</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s75"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.GroundAttackMission</Data></Cell>  </Row>

Please could you tell me if it deviates from that.

This is the same fragment from my file corresponding to what you have posted:

<Row ss:StyleID="s68">   <Cell ss:StyleID="s69"><Data ss:Type="String">Name</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s70"><Data ss:Type="String">Days</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s70"><Data ss:Type="String">Category</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s71"><Data ss:Type="String">Requires</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s70"><Data ss:Type="String">When unlocked</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s70"><Data ss:Type="String">When finished</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s70"><Data ss:Type="String">Knowledge shown</Data></Cell>  </Row>  <Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0" ss:Height="51">   <Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.ScoutingMission</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="Number">0</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s73"><Data ss:Type="String">UFOs</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">Items.AlienLightScoutDatacore</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s72"/>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.ScoutingMission" );</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s75"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.ScoutingMission</Data></Cell>  </Row>  <Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0" ss:Height="51">   <Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.ResearchMission</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="Number">0</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s73"><Data ss:Type="String">UFOs</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">Items.AlienScoutDatacore</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s72"/>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.ResearchMission" );</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s75"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.ResearchMission</Data></Cell>  </Row>  <Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0" ss:Height="51">   <Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.TerrorMission</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="Number">0</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s73"><Data ss:Type="String">UFOs</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">Items.AlienLandingCraftDatacore</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s72"/>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.TerrorMission" );</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s75"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.TerrorMission</Data></Cell>  </Row>  <Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0" ss:Height="51">   <Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.GroundAttackMission</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="Number">0</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s73"><Data ss:Type="String">UFOs</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">Items.AlienFighterDatacore</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s72"/>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.GroundAttackMission" );</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s75"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.GroundAttackMission</Data></Cell>  </Row>

Let me know if you want me to post the entire file. It's the same file that came with 0.31, I didn't touch it.

@Koranis, okay, I will ask llunak if he can update CE to include the latest version of Lore+, as judging from the code fragment you've posted the version you have there that is clearly not the latest version. You will experience things like double research with that version. You can update it yourself if you want - they key file to update for you is most likely going to be researches.xml. This won't affect your savegames, as the research is/was dependant on ufo datacores, not other items of research.

@BlueBalls. It won't affect or be affected by buildings and salaries or Skitso's map pack, but I don't know about x-division. It shouldn't affect or be affected by it, but I haven't tried it.

EDIT: Aha.... Henry has finished the artwork for the new content. So, I'm going to hold off asking llunak until the new content has been added and tested.

Edited by Max_Caine

Nope! Not when Lore+ is now updated and you can find out yourself! I have made several more changes to the structure of the early Lore+ entries and I have been racking my brains how to approach the Reaper issue. The only thing I can think of doing is just restricting it, the same as I've restricted others. That's probably what'll do in a mini-update. Anyway, yes, NEW CONTENT. This is the first of three new pieces of content which forms a narrative whole. you won't see the next bit until next month. It's easy to discover - the only people who wil have difficulty are anyone who has fully researched lasers and hasn't yet gotten to landing craft. If you haven't done the former or if you've gotten to the latter, you'll be able to discover it.

That will become evident after the second and the third pieces have been released, but there are clues in the first installment. The only thing I can say is that this three-parter is inspired by John le Carre and Lee Stephen. It makes use of Xenonauts' historical setting. I can assure you that there are no spoilers in the first installment. The player has to have researched lasers to trigger it.

I've just started a new game, so I haven't researched lasers yet (obviously). I have updated to this newest version with the first "section" in it, but would I be better off waiting until the rest is released to keep going? Will researching lasers in the interim give me access to the first installment but block of the other two when they're released?

No, for two reasons. Firstly, the next two pieces happen much later in the game to reflect the design decisions of the developers, secondly (and this is what I should have done the first time) for the next two installments I'll make a small content patch so people who already have the mod can have a version which will allow them to pick up where they left off.