[Vanilla 1.5x + Community Edition 0.31] The Lore+ Project

Max_Caine

This Works With: 1.54 and Community Edition 0.31

What is Lore+

Lore+ is a mod designed to add fanon lore to the world of Xenonauts. It is currently composed of two mods: the Alien Class Analysis mod made by myself and a333, which helps with distinguishing different classes in the alien heirarchy, and the UFO Mission Analysis mod, by myself and the artist Henry Ponciano which helps with working out what missions mean what. It is informational, but mostly cosmetic. You won't get any new bits of kit with Lore+ - what you;ll get is new tidbits of information and some sweet pictures.

You can see the various parts of Lore+ in the Alien Class Analysis mod and the Ufo Mission Analysis threads. There is also a Discussion thread as well.

Links to Lore+

Community Edition 0.31 and Vanilla 1.5x

Installing Lore+

Community Edition and Vanilla

Both the Community Edition and the Vanilla edition both use the modular mod system and mod loader/launcher now bundled with the game. To install the mod, click on modding tools, click on install and point the mod installer to where you have downloaded Lore+. Lore+ should now download.

Future of the mod

There are lots of things I want to add to Lore+, as there have been some realy great ideas from other forumites. However, I need money which is tied up in other projects. Once other projects are completed, then I will be able to go back to Lore+.

There is also a CE-Enhanced version of Lore+, but that doesn't work properly. Once CE works a little better, I'll add the Enhanced edition.

Credits

Max_Caine: Project lead and writer

a333: Artist and co-creator of Alien Class Analysis

Henry Ponciano: Artist for Ufo Mission Analysis

kabill: Technical assistance for CE compliance

llunak: Code and technical assistance with structural issues.

Use of Lore+

Modder have blanket permission to include Lore+ in their own mods, on three conditions. Firstly all assets used are used for the purpose they are intended. I.E. you must use this mod as intended. You may not use art or writing assets outside of the oriignal mod. If I catch you doing that, I'll ask nicely, then I'll start shouting. Secondly, you must credit myself, the artists and kabill. Thirdly, this mod may not be used for commercial purposes. You may not use this mod for any purposes which may be considered commercial, which includes such things as selling the mod, selling art assets or using my mod to draw traffic to a site which includes commercial elements (e.g. adverts).

Updates

08/08/2014: Lore+ added to completed mods. CE 0.26 compliant version added.

19/01/2015: New Xenopedia Page added. Underlying structure changed.

19/02/2015: New Xenopedia Page added

21/03/2015: New Xenopedia Page added

Edited by Max_Caine
  • Like 1

When the Enhanced edition starts working, you'll notice that the xenopedia entries will be triggered by attacking ufos on specific missions, rather than being triggered on specific ufo types. This means that entries can be more specifically targetted.

PROBLEM FOUND WITH VERSION 1.09

blackwolf had previously pointed out a missing entry in the xenopedia. I thought I had fixed this when upgrading to v1.09, but it seems I haven't. I've just uploaded a new version with the missing entry (same link). (The problem does not occur with the community edition version).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Big thanks for putting this up on Steam, Max. For some unknown reason, I've never been able to get any of the Xenonauts mods or map packs to install correctly by using the normal method. With Steam it's no problem though, and I've been grabbing stuff left and right. This is one of the mods I always really wanted to have, and am very much looking forward to using it. So, thanks again :D

• 1 month later...

Double post because new, related topic.

New Lore+ in January?

After Christmas is out the way I'm going to start expanding Lore+ again. There are lots of areas in the fanon that could be explored, so I'm having a think about fanon material that's both interesting and is reasonably useful in-game.

• 3 weeks later...

If I understand correctly, you've installed the Community Edition of Xenonauts and you want to know why the Lore+ mod isn't working. First question. Which version have you installed? Is it 0.31? 0.31 comes with Lore+. If you have installed 0.31, is the Lore+ mod active? You need to click on the modding tools button in the launcher to check and see if the Lore+ mod is not only installed, but activated.

Hello,

yes i have the Version 0.31 HF1. I have Selected the Lore+ 1.0(+X:CE Fixes) and its activated.

Do this Mod change the Xenopedia Entrys and add this Pictures from you? The ones where i see the List of all Tier Aliens with Ranks and descriptions? Or this Mod changes only the look of the Aliens on Missions?

I am currently discussing with Henry Ponciano the art for a new addition to Lore+. My hope will be to release a new upd8 every month from Jan through to December, funds and artist permitting.

EDIT: There shuld also be a change to the Repaer artwork coming in the next week or so. will comment on that more when it's done.

the problem adding any unit,is that they need sprites..A LOT of sprites, one for every weapon, doing every action, when it faces every direction...so adding a new unit needs a TON of work and time :c. Thats the reason why there arent so much "units" mods out there :S.

sorry my english. hope you understand me xD.

Vaelis, both for the reason that blackwolf has given,and for the reason the Lore+ is strictly a fanon codex there won't be any new races added. The kind of things I would prefer to explore are things like how alien armour works, social interaction between racial types and things which other forumites have asked about. NuclearStudent raised some good questions, like exploring why NPCs get laser weapons or what happened to the signature character and survivor of Crimson Dagger.

I made those questions before but , and if you let me give my 2cents :P:

Well about the surviving in crisom dagger, the LT. andrianova was ..you know.."hurted" (dont want to make spoilers)..so she later present to the general kirov's daugther, kseniya kirova, and if you put the 221 in the line for special soldiers in the option window, you recruit her. And for the npcs, should all the personal be capable of defending themself in a attack right?, besides the enginer one looks more like a laser cutter,or electrical wielder :P.

But More drawing about iceland incident could be really cool :o.

Edit: regarding the character..i guess you were refering the AFTERMATH of the novel ending, by the way she talks , i suspects she is some kind of talent hunter or something, maybe she is some type of scout moving across the world, interviewing and recruiting those "elites" soldiers from across the armies in every country affiliated with the xeno-program or something.

Edited by blackwolf

And for the npcs, should all the personal be capable of defending themself in a attack right?, besides the enginer one looks more like a laser cutter,or electrical wielder :P.

Dr. Snidely (the head scientist), is really the only armed staff member. And besides; using the welding equipment to fight aliens isn't exactly ideal. (BTW, we use "Plasma Cutters" in modern times, not 'Laser Cutters' :P)

It may also be a matter of the Engineers and Scientists technically being classified as civilians.

well knowing the head scientist..im pretty sure he have his sidearm just to shove in other faces how important is he..and that he would rather kill himself that rather being captured or something and then feeling uber badass...but secretly not even thinking to do it because he secretly is kind of coward..or something xD.

Edited by blackwolf

well knowing the head scientist..im pretty sure he have his sidearm just to shave in other faces how important is he..and that he would rather kill himself that rather being captured or something...but secretly even thinking to do it or something xD.

I didn't think of that one, but now that I've heard it I'm starting to think it's true. :P