PC crashes on Alt-Tab & other bugs.

I've been playing the game for a bit now, here are some of the issues I've encountered.

The big one, when I play the game windowed at my native resolution, it plays in fullscreen. When I alt tab out, every so often my pc will slow down, lock up, and finally crash with a blue screen of death. It's happened often enough to be an issue.

Another bug. I wish I'd kept savegames of these. If an alien gets a reaction shot on you when you run onto a teleporter pad, the teleporter pad will not activate, and the game will freeze.

One final one, when you have a mind controlled unit. I threw emp grenades at him to knock him out, then used a medkit on him to revive him, all in the same turn. Next turn he got back up, but a duplicate of his corpse was still underneath him. Normal view shows him as if still stunned, while an inventory view shows an exploded human NPC.

Not game breaking, but still weird to have a dead exploded clone body like that.

(If I may use this opportunity to sneak in a suggestion, how about having a zap or two with the stun rod helping a troop break out of the mind control early?)

The alt-tab crash is the most annoying one. I'm saving before every alt-tab I do now so it's not as bad, but I'd rather have it not crash at all.

One final one, when you have a mind controlled unit. I threw emp grenades at him to knock him out, then used a medkit on him to revive him, all in the same turn. Next turn he got back up, but a duplicate of his corpse was still underneath him. Normal view shows him as if still stunned, while an inventory view shows an exploded human NPC.

Not game breaking, but still weird to have a dead exploded clone body like that.

(If I may use this opportunity to sneak in a suggestion, how about having a zap or two with the stun rod helping a troop break out of the mind control early?)

I've also noticed that if I stun a mind-controlled soldier, and another soldier steps onto the tile, all one sees is an "exploded human NPC".

I have not tested whether or not the soldier is revived upon completing the mission.

Xenonauts is installed in my Steam folder on a separate hard drive I use for playing games. Raid setup if that helps.

I can't exactly replicate it, but it usually happens when I've been playing for a long time & I've tabbed out a couple of times already.

I tend to tab out every so often to switch music or youtube videos.

Because the engine gets a bit weird with temporary files on some machines if it is not installed on the main hard drive (I think it always tries to write them to C:/ or something), and it has to reload all the textures when you alt-tab. You may well find that moving it to your main hard drive will fix a lot of the crashes.

If it does, then let us know - it'd probably be worth adding to the main troubleshooting thread.

Because the engine gets a bit weird with temporary files on some machines if it is not installed on the main hard drive (I think it always tries to write them to C:/ or something), and it has to reload all the textures when you alt-tab. You may well find that moving it to your main hard drive will fix a lot of the crashes.

If it does, then let us know - it'd probably be worth adding to the main troubleshooting thread.

Nice. Now I know why it takes so long to come back after alt-tab although being installed on ssd drive (but not C:\)