How do you make your bases?

If you're packing a whole ship's worth of metal into a single suit of armor, all I can say is that it better make me safe.

You know how expensive this gear is, son? / Tell that to the Covenant.

In original UFO Defense, my favorite thing was to let them build a base, then build a base right next to it. Intact supply ships every time they landed. Granted the milk run was a bit more complicated than squeezing a cow's teat, but it got routine enough.

In original UFO Defense, my favorite thing was to let them build a base, then build a base right next to it. Intact supply ships every time they landed. Granted the milk run was a bit more complicated than squeezing a cow's teat, but it got routine enough.

Yes that was fun(well, still is, I still play UFO every now and then)! I managed to get a nice Floater base near North Pole. I used it to harvest sellable plasma/heavy plasma rifles and stuff. Kill everyone but the commander and hightail it home.harvested supply ships too.

A great way to train my rookies with one or two elite soldiers with mind control (and floaters were pantsy opponents).

Also, I was plagued by the Battleship bug: every couple of days there would be one (floater again) battleship attacking my base. Over and over. And over. Eventually the gimmick went old and I've built enough fusion ball defences to bring down 99.9% attacking battleships.

Cheap tricks but fun :)