[X1.09 + X:CE 0.26HF] XENOPHOBIA- Ultimate Compilation Mod

Enjoying mod, but was wondering if there is a web site /guide/faq anywhere. A lot of new stuff to make sense of. Tonight I met some giant alien queen type that seems immune to almost everything- I hit it with grenades, rockets, flamer, shotgun etc but only thing to even make a scratch was magnum battle rifle. In the end I had to retreat.

you might want to invest bit more on research to get higher tech guns.

or try high mitigation guns they might work better.

Slayerjerman its u made Multi ammo weaps? i got question... standart ammo is frag rockets? dat fires usual bullets that weaker than ap-inc...anyway why when i change clip size of multirifle(testrifle) in weapons_gc.xml and when i load ammo inc-ap or any of it it ends up with 20/24... Also acidsprayer seems to cras the game when u take it and mission begin...Also when aliens or my ppl oprn the door and dont move behind it and shoot theres no reaction fire... Is it suppose to be so or bug? Why no snipers for so long? only metalstorm it seems... Id say weaps feel like need little rebalancing...

Slayerjerman its u made Multi ammo weaps? i got question... standart ammo is frag rockets? dat fires usual bullets that weaker than ap-inc...anyway why when i change clip size of multirifle(testrifle) in weapons_gc.xml and when i load ammo inc-ap or any of it it ends up with 20/24... Also acidsprayer seems to cras the game when u take it and mission begin...Also when aliens or my ppl oprn the door and dont move behind it and shoot theres no reaction fire... Is it suppose to be so or bug? Why no snipers for so long? only metalstorm it seems... Id say weaps feel like need little rebalancing...

First of all, the frag rocket that loads into the Multi-Ammo weapons sometimes is a bug with how multi-ammo weapons work in general because they are based on the rocket launcher that is hardcoded to accept all rockets. YES. You can load a frag rocket into the rifles. BUT it will treat it as a standard ammo magazine.... so don't do that unless you want to use basic standard rifle rounds.

Secondly, EDIT: I just tested Acid Sprayer and Stun Sprayers and they worked 100%. Sounds to me like you need to try to reinstall the game and mod....

Thirdly, if you see weapons that are fully loaded read 20/24, you need to change the CLIPSIZE in both weapons_gc & weapons.xml...if they dont match, the ammo capacities will have that bug. :)

Lastly - balance - ALL the weapons (including the early beginner ones) are already pretty damn powerful, even for Veteran/Insane difficulty. If you feel the weapons are still too weak, by all means mod them as you feel necessary. I bet you are using the wrong type (or early tech) weapon against the certain aliens that have immunities and high armor. If a weapon feels too weak, I would advise doing some research to unlock the higher-tier weapons.

Edited by Slayerjerman

I just had most weird bug I ever had

I was fighting with Lizard looking creatures and they had one of the big gas spitting monster.

ok. it's pretty strong. so I set up a formation with 3 groups of 3,3,4. he can't see me yet but once he turns the corner...

well that was plan. but somehow.......

he was gone.... and instead there was noncombat ceason(human looking one, one of the basic one) I was like...huh????

if it was lizard I get it but...what the heck???

and then.....it kill all my guy with four nerve grenade........ I mean... what the heck was that...lol

beside that so far I only saw one thing you could change when ever you are back on it again.

when you recycle alien stuff for material I guess text is too long and you can see what you are getting it (more of how many). I mean I saw it when research was done. but after that you can't see it when at the production thingy...

well again thanks for great mod. I will go play some more now.

edit : it happen again. hm..I think some thing is mix up. if you are not too busy tell me what to do. I will just fix it my self and you can rest as you have planed

edit 2: it seem like it only does that when it is attacking from other side of bush.

edit 3 : in soldier equipment section in melee, next to power sword there is no repair kit picture.

Edited by mlbghoon

I just had most weird bug I ever had

I was fighting with Lizard looking creatures and they had one of the big gas spitting monster.

ok. it's pretty strong. so I set up a formation with 3 groups of 3,3,4. he can't see me yet but once he turns the corner...

well that was plan. but somehow.......

he was gone.... and instead there was noncombat ceason(human looking one, one of the basic one) I was like...huh????

if it was lizard I get it but...what the heck???

and then.....it kill all my guy with four nerve grenade........ I mean... what the heck was that...lol

beside that so far I only saw one thing you could change when ever you are back on it again.

when you recycle alien stuff for material I guess text is too long and you can see what you are getting it (more of how many). I mean I saw it when research was done. but after that you can't see it when at the production thingy...

well again thanks for great mod. I will go play some more now.

edit : it happen again. hm..I think some thing is mix up. if you are not too busy tell me what to do. I will just fix it my self and you can rest as you have planed

edit 2: it seem like it only does that when it is attacking from other side of bush.

edit 3 : in soldier equipment section in melee, next to power sword there is no repair kit picture.

Same happened to me. Met big gas spitting bug / alien queen type thing and it morphed ito blue topped ceason and lobbed grenades!

Yeah using old version and lil bit wrong compatible for now as u said 5.3.1 xnt while needed lower... Found out another bug ufo "light scout" have 3300% hp and after 2 pirahna rockets hit it got yo 3200% autoresolve shows 0%... Is it fixed in new vers? And its shame that weaps looks in hands as default weaps is it possib at all to mod it? And yeah Ak47 was weaker than m16 default and had glitchy moving animation with standart armor while was fine with Jackal armr...And taliban corpses didnt had ak47 in them...Metal storm weaps feel weak ... Also it feels that even weaps that shoot far have far moar better dmg+armr pen while very close to target! And it would be nice to have some moar maps variety probab dunno...Anyways THX for yur good work about this mod Slayer ^^

I have a question: What program do you use to edit XMLs? Notepad++ doesn't display it properly. And when I set ammo to being Unlimited with Openoffice's Calc, none of the weapons appear, and the game CTDs on the loadout screen.

I use Excel, Microsoft Office 2010 mainly. For weapons_gc.xml and ammos.xml and LUA i use Notepad++.

Impossible to kill "Omega" , 5 C4,different grenades , multiple gunshots and still is not even wounded.

Also crashes my game frequently when trying to kill it. On game reload sometimes becomes invisble when standing next to it.

Impossible to finish game due to crashes and immortal Omega.

Has someone the same problem?

Impossible to kill "Omega" , 5 C4,different grenades , multiple gunshots and still is not even wounded.

Also crashes my game frequently when trying to kill it. On game reload sometimes becomes invisble when standing next to it.

Impossible to finish game due to crashes and immortal Omega.

Has someone the same problem?

Give us more information. What guns were you using. What EXE were you using? What version of my MOD were you using?

I am using Mod 1.3.7 with Xenonauts.exe from installation. (did not update to ;8 yet)

Crash mostly happens after end turn when C4 explodes. ( Using basic ballistic rifle and grenades).

Omega seems to be way too strong, especially at the beginning of the game when you don't have enough weapons or ammo.(and i play this in easy mode to test it)

It would also be better if we could buy a minimum amount of basic weapons and grenades from store instead of making everything from start.

Thx for the good work!

Is the "omega" the big purple dude with horns? Is so then YES, same problems...not only that but the bastard ends up being in most subsequent missions. Crashes happen most times when more than one C4 pack goes off at same time but also once when an alien Ceasan hit the "omega" by accident. I was having a blast till he showed up. now it is just irritating. Love the mod(s) before that.

additional info: October. Medium mode. ballistics weapons. game says Zenonauts v 1.08HF Mod v1.3.8 CE v0.25HF

Edited by greed
added info

Is the "omega" the big purple dude with horns? Is so then YES, same problems...not only that but the bastard ends up being in most subsequent missions. Crashes happen most times when more than one C4 pack goes off at same time but also once when an alien Ceasan hit the "omega" by accident. I was having a blast till he showed up. now it is just irritating. Love the mod(s) before that.

additional info: October. Medium mode. ballistics weapons. game says Zenonauts v 1.08HF Mod v1.3.8 CE v0.25HF

It's an XNT alien, you can thank them for the challenge :)

Then the problem is your using BEGINNER weapons against something thats meant to be a boss fight... best advice is to get your troops to the transport and evac. LOL. You wont kill it with ballistic weapons... But here's a hint and something that will BLOW YOUR MIND: try stun weapons. It has a weakness, its just not obvious.

I just fought a battle last night against TWO of these damn things at the same time on the same map. Now that was intense. Not every battle you fight will be winnable. Also these encounters are random when you shoot down medium UFOs (usually landingships)...the fact that I got a battle with two of them was crazy insane.

By October you should be using multi-ammo weapons (AP, STN, INC ammos), rocket launchers, and stun weapons and maybe even nearly unlocked lasers. Are you building more than one base to fill out research and manufacturing? Sounds like you arent advancing enough.

Edited by Slayerjerman

Thx for the info, these BOSS beast should not apear in the early missions when fighting with a rookie team and beginner weapons.

I still think that the amount of initial weapens,grenades and medkits is not enough (buy limitted amount from store). It's good that they are not limetless but now i have to run to dead aliens to take their weapons because I don't have enough ammo.

Hey Slayerjerman, why did you remove the "Memorial for Tab" in the Hire Soldiers screen, I believe this is still present in XNT mod.

Layout of new screen is much better but I really miss the memorial..

Thx.

Thx for the info, these BOSS beast should not apear in the early missions when fighting with a rookie team and beginner weapons.

I still think that the amount of initial weapens,grenades and medkits is not enough (buy limitted amount from store). It's good that they are not limetless but now i have to run to dead aliens to take their weapons because I don't have enough ammo.

Hey Slayerjerman, why did you remove the "Memorial for Tab" in the Hire Soldiers screen, I believe this is still present in XNT mod.

Layout of new screen is much better but I really miss the memorial..

Thx.

I never removed any "memorial" screen. If it wasnt in XNT 5.31, then its not in this mod. Maybe the memorial was something newly added in their latest update? I dont recall ever seeing it in XNT ever... I remember reading about it a long time ago in some other thread, maybe it was part of the CE exe? I'll have to look around, maybe I can add it.

Memorial is added by XNT Mod V5.31 (Final) Firebat in the Manage soldiers screen in a new tab and is called "Hall of Fallen heroes", and is removed by Xenophobia

Nope, was never removed because Xenophobia uses the XNT files before their "final" patch. Its a simple fact that I never updated to include XNT's latest patch. Calling something "removed" implied I took it out on purpose, in this case, I did not. I will have a look and see about enabling it.

That purple Omega is a serious challenge. Second month medium corvette lands near my primary base so I scramble charlie 1.

Damn thing ran right up in the middle of the mission and kills one of my top guys then runs out of turns. My guys got a few hits with reaction fire but most where resisted. I had 2 machine guns, 1 guy with a ak-47, 2 with the XLT rifle, and a sniper. I just unloaded on my turn and it must have been pure luck or RNG love in that it FINALLY died when the last guy, I think the sniper, put a round into its head.

Edited by Tom Sawyer

Hey Slayer, I have a couple problems. im 99.999% sure that its my fault that these are even a problem.

1. Gargols use the Caesan character Model

2. Aliens Weapons do not show up ( it looks like they walk around weaponless ) when they shoot it comes out of nowhere

3. The red triangles for UFO contacts do not show up, it is just the UFO name

4. some of my soldiers dont have faces or hands in the squad loadout screen

thats all ive seen so far, i have no idea how to fix this and id appreciate it so much if you could point me in the right direction

Edit: Game also crashes when going into the "Other" tab under Equipment

Edited by TheGreatCanoodler

Hey Slayer, I have a couple problems. im 99.999% sure that its my fault that these are even a problem.

1. Gargols use the Caesan character Model

2. Aliens Weapons do not show up ( it looks like they walk around weaponless ) when they shoot it comes out of nowhere

3. The red triangles for UFO contacts do not show up, it is just the UFO name

4. some of my soldiers dont have faces or hands in the squad loadout screen

thats all ive seen so far, i have no idea how to fix this and id appreciate it so much if you could point me in the right direction

Edit: Game also crashes when going into the "Other" tab under Equipment

Yup, you messed up something on installation. Nuke your entire Xenonauts folder, reinstall it all. Vanilla 1.08 (or 109), XNT 5.31 then unzip and copy the entire Xenophobia 1.3.5 folder over the EXE and the /assets/ folder.

Dont forget to then grab the 1.3.9 patch and copy/overwrite that last!

Edited by Slayerjerman

First of all, congrats for everyone involved in this project. Keep up the excellent work. ;)

So, I have tested this mod while playing on Insane difficulty and i've decided to give some feedback on it. I haven't gotten very far yet because on insane the mod just owns you!

So I always start by making 3 bases. My HQ in Africa (Tchad), 2nd one in Asia (Taiwan) and a 3rd in the Americas (Belize). And that about covers all of the globe (after the 3 radars).

At the workshops I start by making 1 or 2 precision rifles (I think it makes no sense for a military like Xenonauts to not have sniper rifles on stock). Then after that i manufacture some more C4 and frags.

First mission comes and it's a small scout. Which on insane means either Caesans with Vipers or Sebilians with those husk abominations (don't recall the name). That's where the c4 and frags really shine, because those Vipers and Husks will kiiiiiillll yoouuu! Basically, if you get a mission on the first day and get too many of those enemies, and on the worst case scenario, you get a map with too many obstacles that cut LOS, you're better off retreating because you won't have enough firepower to kill them when they come rushing out of the corners. Even just one of these can soak up tons of damage, let alone all the other aliens with pinpoint accuracy firing at your squad.

I find that the starting weapons don't do anything against them (except the snipers) and I have to rush Ak47 for a bigger punch. I feel that at least the Heavy Machinegun should have better penetration against them.

Another issue with the HVY Machinegun is the strange accuracy. On one situation, a non-combatant caesan fired a point blank shot at my soldiers face. He lived so I fired with the HVY a 66% x 4 at 3 tiles range. It missed every shot and caused it to became supressed. Missing 4 straight shots at 33% chance to miss comes down to a 1.2% chance of that happening. It's possible but misses like that do seem to happen alot. My question is, are HVY Machineguns supposed to have a close range penalty?

On that note, supressed aliens are most definitely bugged. I have to try to do most of my damage with single shot weapons because if I supress an alien he will just suddendly be able to dodge everything. I have tested this and even at point blank, if supressed you will see a massive increase in misses.

Another big issue I have is that the panic/morale system is WAY too sensitive. I've had, and this is absolutely true, had a soldier with 40ish bravery, panic and run out of cover, into the open, dropping his weapon (his only means of self-defence), on the very first turn with no enemy in sight. And he was one of the starting (better) soldiers you get. It seems that everything will make someone panic.

I think riot-shields should also decrease the morale penalty taken from enemy fire, because it's no good to a have a soldier with two shields at almost full health, panic, drop one shield and turn it's back on an enemy because of a barrage that did little damage.

Anyway, that's all i can remember right now. Great mod and all the best.

Cheers.

My game keeps crashing since new patch, mostly during battle. Just some feedback on mod- its great in many ways but difficulty is insane at times. Enemy units covering third of the map and ripping my team to shreds, others teleporting in and laying waste and grenades being thrown from miles away. Struggling! Love the "alien" type units and weapons. Could almost be a new game on its own with colonial marines v aliens!