[X1.09 + X:CE 0.26HF] XENOPHOBIA- Ultimate Compilation Mod

I have same problem! in NEW game, it crash after i end research of plasma ammo.

Plasma ammo or do you mean ALIEN plasma ammo? I just tried to figure this issue out, but wasnt able. So I did a work around.

v1.3.7 patch is ready and fixes the crashes in the "Energy" tab and the stun ammo for the multi-ammo shotgun and some more text fixes.

Thanks for being patient with the bugs guys, I know they suck and finding them is annoying, but without you guys posting I wouldnt know of them. So thanks for that!

1. End research of "Alien Plasma Cell"

2. Then go to "Energy" tab = CRASH

In v1.3.7 all ok!) thnx!

Plasma ammo or do you mean ALIEN plasma ammo? I just tried to figure this issue out, but wasnt able. So I did a work around.

v1.3.7 patch is ready and fixes the crashes in the "Energy" tab and the stun ammo for the multi-ammo shotgun and some more text fixes.

Thanks for being patient with the bugs guys, I know they suck and finding them is annoying, but without you guys posting I wouldnt know of them. So thanks for that!

Edited by Danphil

Here's a little secret: I makes games for a living ;)

cool

if you don't mind asking. how did you get into it?

I mean I am an engineering student who are interested in computer programming too

but it seems a lot of hm...how to put this.. pain in the ass??? some time when you are working with code

it is just damn pain in the ass

I have few idea.

right now we have 4 multi-ammo

AP-ammo is too low damage

INC-ammo (I think it is called that can't remember) is....just ok but nothing special.

STUN-ammo is great maybe too strong (but 1.3.7 I had problem with one of the enemy It resisted all my Multi stun shotgun for 2turns and three guys were shooting at it.)

ZAP-ammo works good

so Here is my idea

AP-ammo Let's raise the mitigation so It penetrate amour more. but keep the damage or even lower it.

INC-ammo Lower the mitigation a lot but raise the damage a bit so against week armor it is good but against heavy it sucks

Stun-ammo Higher the mitigation so it will get through armour easy (but not always) but lower the stun damage so you still need to shoot a few shot before you take something down.

Zap-ammo I guess it is good. but I really don't understand how it works anyway so may be there is some change needed it but not sure

what do you think?

I think this way it could make player choose their ammo more carefully and even have spare of other ammo just in case.

like you were in a GC and you found out there is alpa something(really big one) since he have heavy amour your INC won't be effective so you have to change to AP-ammo or Stun in the mid battle.

just an idea to make things more interesting I guess.

edit : I guess Zap-ammo can have bit higher mitigation but keep the emp-damage so against robots it is more effective then AP-ammo. but even lower kinetic damage so it is useless against bio enemy

any by the way. don't you think it would be so cool to have mitigation for each damege type? like there is kinetic mitigation and stun mitigation and so on. that would make things very interesting. lol. oh well. and if you need any play testing or something just let me know I can help you with that .

Edited by mlbghoon

I have few idea.

right now we have 4 multi-ammo

AP-ammo is too low damage

INC-ammo (I think it is called that can't remember) is....just ok but nothing special.

STUN-ammo is great maybe too strong (but 1.3.7 I had problem with one of the enemy It resisted all my Multi stun shotgun for 2turns and three guys were shooting at it.)

ZAP-ammo works good

so Here is my idea

AP-ammo Let's raise the mitigation so It penetrate amour more. but keep the damage or even lower it.

INC-ammo Lower the mitigation a lot but raise the damage a bit so against week armor it is good but against heavy it sucks

Stun-ammo Higher the mitigation so it will get through armour easy (but not always) but lower the stun damage so you still need to shoot a few shot before you take something down.

Zap-ammo I guess it is good. but I really don't understand how it works anyway so may be there is some change needed it but not sure

what do you think?

What are you fighting that the damage is too low?

I can nearly one-hit stun most aliens that are not Androns or those zombie-things with the STUN ammo in a shotgun, IMHO its maybe too powerful. I use INC for pretty much breaching walls and killing egg sacs and melee-based aliens. AP is meant to be a starting ammo type, the mitigation on it is pretty good, almost as good as plasma rifles...making that stronger would might make it too good. ZAP is meant to be used against Androns and Drones, but yeah its generally an all-around-good ammo type, but it is the last type you unlock.

BTW - some aliens are immune to STUN. Androns are and I believe those zombie-things too...thats why you gotta switch. :)

I am considering adding in something like "Alenium Alloy Ammo", which would basically be the same as depleted uranium, something that would be as powerful as MAG weapons, but require alenium/alloys to create. This new ammo could make these multi-ammo guns usable at end-game fights. I also need to get off my butt and get Toxic ammo finished. Which is meant to be high damge with no mitigation (chemical), so it'd good for low-level targets and such....anyway, more stuff to finish, heh.

Edited by Slayerjerman

What are you fighting that the damage is too low?

I can nearly one-hit stun most aliens that are not Androns or those zombie-things with the STUN ammo in a shotgun, IMHO its maybe too powerful. I use INC for pretty much breaching walls and killing egg sacs and melee-based aliens. AP is meant to be a starting ammo type, the mitigation on it is pretty good, almost as good as plasma rifles...making that stronger would might make it too good. ZAP is meant to be used against Androns and Drones, but yeah its generally an all-around-good ammo type, but it is the last type you unlock.

I am considering adding in something like "Alenium Alloy Ammo", which would basically be the same as depleted uranium, something that would be as powerful as MAG weapons, but require alenium/alloys to create. This new ammo could make these multi-ammo guns usable at end-game fights. I also need to get off my butt and get Toxic ammo finished. Which is meant to be high damge with no mitigation (chemical), so it'd good for low-level targets and such....anyway, more stuff to finish, heh.

it was the zombie thing..lol

I think it is XNT firebat bug.

but still is there any way to fix this bug?

when ever you finish GC you end up having more repair kit, Medipak refill kit, alien Plasma battery then you started the mission

I usually don't care that much since it is just about few 10k(if you sell it) per mission. I think of it as bonus.

thing is.....I just finished GC and mission debrief tells me I found (or acquire i guess) 1545 Alien Plasma battery........

It is worth 3,862,500.......... It was only medium size ship......

If is was 100 or so I will just role play with my self and think of it as it was their supply ship....

but.........this is too much..!!..lol

don't know what to do....

when ever you finish GC you end up having more repair kit, Medipak refill kit, alien Plasma battery then you started the mission

I usually don't care that much since it is just about few 10k(if you sell it) per mission. I think of it as bonus.

thing is.....I just finished GC and mission debrief tells me I found (or acquire i guess) 1545 Alien Plasma battery........

If is was 100 or so I will just role play with my self and think of it as it was their supply ship....

Its a vanilla game bug that causes these ammos to duplicate themselves. It's a known issue that you'll end a mission with tons more of the Alien Plasma Batteries (Alien Plasma Cell ammo) also. Unfortunately, I don't have a fix other than to make them sell for less...

Hi

Ok I am a complete nob and I have a installation question?

x) Installation:

Xenonauts v1.08 or v1.09 game files

Install XNT 5.31 "firebat" (REQUIRED)

(you do NOT need to install FiTH maps & tiles, its already included!)

Copy Xenophobia files to /assets/ and overwrite when prompted

Play and report any bugs you find so I can continue to improve this mod! Requests within reason are welcome.

?) And now the question: Do I need to install all the mod individually (i.e; all mods metioned under "Mods Combined" above?

?) Or, are all the mods included in Xenophobia (except for XNT 5.31 as described in "Installation" above?

Thanks in advance :D

Only XNT bug was getting way too much plasma batteries and that only happened with Medium and Large ships which brings to conclusion that it was related to "Supply Missions".So it seems that after lowering Alphazer ammo capacity to 50 fixed it based on players feedback.

Edited by Sentelin

So having played with this mod for a bit I am curious to know what planes are others building? USA route? F14's which where the go to fighter in the late 70's and 80s? F15's for air superiority? Russian MIGs? An ecclesiastic mix?

So many choices. Then you get to decide what to arm them with :) I am away from my home computer but I can not recall if the AIM-54 Phoenix missile is a weapon choice. The "slammer" was the primary missile for the Tomcat. Both have been phased out by now but back then it was a sure way to reach out and touch someone

Hi

Ok I am a complete nob and I have a installation question?

x) Installation:

Xenonauts v1.08 or v1.09 game files

Install XNT 5.31 "firebat" (REQUIRED)

(you do NOT need to install FiTH maps & tiles, its already included!)

Copy Xenophobia files to /assets/ and overwrite when prompted

Play and report any bugs you find so I can continue to improve this mod! Requests within reason are welcome.

?) And now the question: Do I need to install all the mod individually (i.e; all mods metioned under "Mods Combined" above?

?) Or, are all the mods included in Xenophobia (except for XNT 5.31 as described in "Installation" above?

Thanks in advance :D

Also trying figure out install instructions for this. My problem is what in the Firebat stuff do you install?

Edited by KvanNvar

Only XNT bug was getting way too much plasma batteries and that only happened with Medium and Large ships which brings to conclusion that it was related to "Supply Missions".So it seems that after lowering Alphazer ammo capacity to 50 fixed it based on players feedback.

Many thanks Sentelin, I will make this fix as well.

Installation cant be any simpler. Literally follow the instructions written on the main page.

1. Install vanilla v1.08 or v1.09 (I use 109 myself)

2. Download the latest XNT 5.31 Firebat and apply any hotfixes they have.

3. Unzip Xenophobia files and copy the EXE and /assets/ folder into your Xenonauts folder. Overwrite everything when prompted.

Done.

Bugreport

1. Make all you trops on base Unassigned

2. In Solder Equipment screen see - NO SOLDERS

3. Go to Barraks screen, assign one solder to Charly 1

4. Go to Equipment screen - all ok

5. Make all you trops on base Unassigned again

6. Go to Barraks screen, assign solder to Charly 2

7. In Solder Equipment screen see - NO SOLDERS

WTF?

Bugreport

1. Make all you trops on base Unassigned

2. In Solder Equipment screen see - NO SOLDERS

3. Go to Barraks screen, assign one solder to Charly 1

4. Go to Equipment screen - all ok

5. Make all you trops on base Unassigned again

6. Go to Barraks screen, assign solder to Charly 2

7. In Solder Equipment screen see - NO SOLDERS

WTF?

On the Solder Equip screen, did you press the button on the left-bottom to select the "Unassigned" group of soldiers after unassigning them from the dropship?

Because there's several "groups" listed there: Charlie-1, Charlie-2, Unassigned...etc, the game typically defaults to those assigned onto the first ship to show on the equip screen, so if you take them all off you will not see anyone there by default until you click one of the other groups.... Go ahead, try it, take everyone off Charlie-1, then look in the lower-left corner and you should see a label that says "Unassigned (8)" or whatever. Click that.

Also this is not a bug with this mod, I do not change any files related to the solider equip screen layout. Only in-combat inventory to add the additional kill/mission info.

great job!!

I mean wow....

Q. do I need to start again since research has been change?

I would ideally.

If you're too far along chances are that you wont unlock everything properly (like if you researched Plasma Weaponry before this patch and it did not unlock the ammo). I know its a pain, this is like my 20th restart too....thus why im gonna take a break.

Enjoying mod, but was wondering if there is a web site /guide/faq anywhere. A lot of new stuff to make sense of. Tonight I met some giant alien queen type that seems immune to almost everything- I hit it with grenades, rockets, flamer, shotgun etc but only thing to even make a scratch was magnum battle rifle. In the end I had to retreat.