[X1.09 + X:CE 0.26HF] XENOPHOBIA- Ultimate Compilation Mod

I do skim them, but again, when merging hundreds of files and lines of code.....*something* is gonna get missed. :(

Yeah, I don't envy that task.

I also found that the new T-80 tank armor was missing from the file too, so this is two fixes with a single stone! :)

Thanks again for digging into this again man, its really appreciated.

Again, glad I could help. If I find anything else I'll toss it up.

Found a bug with the UNSC weapons. When building a few of them, they actually build a different one, notably the MA5D Assault rifle actually makes the M45 Shotgun, the M45 Shotgun makes the M92 Marksman rifle, and the M92 Marksman Rifle makes the A-something Heavy Machine gun. I'm not sure if there are more than those issue.

Also, question: Are the vehicles not supposed to have line of sight? Because my scout car doesn't seem to have it. Thanks.

I'd have to agree after giving it a play, having all of the redundant ballistics (redundancy in general) is kind of a big turnoff and mostly just serves to clutter up the screen. Might be worth it to consolidate some of the vehicles/weaponry into the most noteworthy/interesting examples. Everything else is pretty rad. Was trying to find a way to at least disable Magnut-nauts, but I suppose there's no way to disable just one of the mods, eh.

As Victor Tadeu says add weapons is not easy task, need some balance in environment of the current game. In the practice with more content diversity is more confusing for players to identify the role of each weapon, for that reason XNT add weapons very carefully to keep a unit tactical role in combat. The same happens to equipment, aliens, armors, etc... Asymmetry Mod and Magnonauts are designed to vanilla, not for XNT, some of them can cause low damage or very high damage in comparison. Other critical point is that Accuracy/Wound/Training system is completely different in XNT when I design it.

I already knew it was an engine bug. Ive had it happen before....its strange that its now doing it to the laser ammo though, because before it wasnt. Maybe it was a bug introduced by v1.09 vanilla.....not really sure. Try v1.08 vanilla and see if it occurs there.

I was trying v1.08 and same problem. No body have this duplication symptoms (charges to medikit and laser, plasma ammo)?? i am just wonder about it :-). So, i bought on steam old x-com and will be waiting by this old game for solving this bug, because this spoil the gaming experience ....

It is a pity, that this engine bug destroys hard work of modders

Found a bug with the UNSC weapons. When building a few of them, they actually build a different one, notably the MA5D Assault rifle actually makes the M45 Shotgun, the M45 Shotgun makes the M92 Marksman rifle, and the M92 Marksman Rifle makes the A-something Heavy Machine gun. I'm not sure if there are more than those issue.

That's confirmed, encountered that too, however only for USNC stuff so far.

Now my research seems to be bugged somehow. I've researched everything needed for the Researches.AlienPlasmaTechnology project, however it simply never appeared in the list for me. I tried bypassing it, by replacing other researches with the AlienPlasmaTechnology in the researches.xml, but that only gives me the xenopedia entry and that's it... Are there any reliable ways to "hack" this research in?

Xenophobia does not contain Magnum-nauts. I believe you confused. And no, I do not offer optional files to disable any particular content, its a huge hassle to maintain already without having more files to update.

Furthermore, if you dislike ballistics, simply dont research them and they wont appear in your equipment/manufacturing lists. Its not like you are forced to research them, so.... I dont know what your issue is with it being a "turn off".

Huh! You're absolutely right; for some strange reason I thought Magnum-nauts had been in the mod list as a required component of Xenophobia, so I installed it as well. My bad. Huge relief though. Thanks for your hard work (and yours as well, TacticalDragon); will reinstall.

Edited by Kirb

Also, question: Are the vehicles not supposed to have line of sight? Because my scout car doesn't seem to have it. Thanks.

Are you using v 1.4.6? I just fixed the vehicles.

UNSC weapons are fixed in next patch. Was just a simple text issue.

That's confirmed, encountered that too, however only for USNC stuff so far.

Now my research seems to be bugged somehow. I've researched everything needed for the Researches.AlienPlasmaTechnology project, however it simply never appeared in the list for me. I tried bypassing it, by replacing other researches with the AlienPlasmaTechnology in the researches.xml, but that only gives me the xenopedia entry and that's it... Are there any reliable ways to "hack" this research in?

Have you started a new game? And in what version did you start your present game? Again, this is a common bug with changing researches.xml while in the midst's of an already game-in-progress. If you had researched any of the requirements and the researches.xml for that tech was changed (which it was back in 1.4.2) then it'll mess up the unlock.

Goto some tech you have on your list and inside researches.xml put UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.AlienPlasmaTechnology" ); there as a temporary hack.

Edited by Slayerjerman

Xenophobia does not contain Magnum-nauts. I believe you confused. And no, I do not offer optional files to disable any particular content, its a huge hassle to maintain already without having more files to update.

Sorry, sorry, my bad. I was the one saying that. Since magnum-nauts are in the credit, I thought it was included, but it isn't on the merged mods list. *Victor hurts himself in confusion*

Sorry, sorry, my bad. I was the one saying that. Since magnum-nauts are in the credit, I thought it was included, but it isn't on the merged mods list. *Victor hurts himself in confusion*

I gave him credit for the expanded personnel view, in which helped me learn how to edit the UI screens to expand the various lists and junk.

Have you started a new game? And in what version did you start your present game? Again, this is a common bug with changing researches.xml while in the midst's of an already game-in-progress. If you had researched any of the requirements and the researches.xml for that tech was changed (which it was back in 1.4.2) then it'll mess up the unlock.

Started new game in 1.4.3, updated to 1.4.5. Didn't really change the file manually, and for sure didn't change the plasmatech entries there.

Goto some tech you have on your list and inside researches.xml put UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.AlienPlasmaTechnology" ); there as a temporary hack.

If you mean a non-researched tech, then I already wrote it doesn't work. Just gives me the xenopedia entry and no other researches unlock after that.

Edited by Dreadbourne

the issue with the MIGs still there, when you research Copperation with URSS it says it unlocks 5 planes : mig 21 mig 23 mig 29 mig 31 and su 27 but i only get 2 planes for manufacture: su 27 and mig 29, and the xenopedia entries for mig 21 mig 23 and su15, but cant manufacture mig 21,mig 23, mig31 (i suppose this require more reseach) su 15, i researched all cooperations, xnt planes and light interceptors still not here, maybe they are not implemented(their hangar pictures are here anyway)?

- some pistols like the ballistic auto pistol and the high powered pistol still get the no shield bug animation,

-another one i found its that dermal regenerator and metabolism accelerator can be manufactured but cant be found on equipment menu in any submenu. but i think this has been already reported :)

-im sure its my game but, sometimes i get freeze/crash after pass turn when i have androns/drones in the ground combat.

-another one in the unsc weapons if you build the submachinegun it gives you the grenade launcher and if you build the grenade lancher it gives you the assault rifle :)

Edited by asierus24

hello so i started a new game with all files from 5.x bat + all fixes and patchs since 1.3.4 to 1.4.6

But i am missing the plasma riffle model in combat (the one from lab - recovered), where to check for the missing image & the missing config entry ?

Edited by starmindfr

found some bugs

-i can't use the toxic ammo(not the multi-toxic ammo).

-i can't use the dermal regenator.

-when i build a new base, if i want cancel the project the base remain but i can't build anithing.

-the laboratory, the workshop and the living quarters of 3LV occupy only 2 tiles and not 4(don't know if it is a bug or is intentional).

- the shock rocket fire toxic gas.

and more ammo on the autocar would be nice.

another thing what am i supposed to do with scout datacore, light scout datacore and power generator?

Edited by The Watcher

ALL previous patches included.

Fixed a bunch more missing animation files for pistol weapons + shields.

Fixed more missing animations for "checked" alien weapons that you can manufacture.

Fixed crash when clicking AMMO tab after unlocking Mag weaponry/multi-ammo ALLOY magazine.

Fixed USSR aircraft unlocking problem, now it properly unlocks all 5 USSR aircrafts. (fix is not retroactive, so if you've researched USSR aircraft already, only fix is a new game, sorry).

Researches.xml changes to make advanced aircrafts unlockable through other means, including no longer requiring alien aircraft "hull" items.

Removed dermal regenerator and metabolism accelerator items.

Fixed UNSC manufacturing to give proper weapons (minor text fix).

Shock rockets no longer leave toxic gas when they explode.

Base buildings for LV.3 are 2x1 in size now, no longer have any 2x2 buildings other than the command center. This was to fix the black zones in base defense missions maps.

Edited by Slayerjerman

yes fast service and tons of stuffs to try :)

edit : none of my 1.4.6 savegame works with 1.4.7 :( direct crash if i try to load, battle or main earth view, something to delete from previous patch ?

Ah yes. My bad - I forgot to mention that any saves that had unlocked the dermal regen device or metabolisim accelerator will crash. Start a new game, sorry ....it is a work in progress mod, so these things are going to happen from time to time.

ok but i didnt unlock regen device or metabolisim on older saves today and still crash so maybe something else in unlocked techs ?

I beleive i have no way to have the savegame back but i am juste curious :P if i restore the 1.4.6 researches.xml it's ok so it's realy a change on the researches.

Maybe something about the buildings ? as i put lots of level 2

Edited by starmindfr