[X1.09 + X:CE 0.26HF] XENOPHOBIA- Ultimate Compilation Mod

hi slayer after the update to 1.4.1 on the maps i have this problem.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5303[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5304[/ATTACH]

You didnt install the mod correctly. LOL. Uninstall Xenonauts entirely and start fresh:

1. Install Xenonauts v1.08 (or v1.09) fresh/vanilla

2. Download XNT 5.31 firebat and extract those files to your game folder, overwrite everything. (also follow their install instructions to remove the main menu animations).

3. Follow my previous instructions (in the first page, down below in the change log area) on how to fix the AK47 animations

4. Extract Xenophobia 1.4.1 + the hotfix i put up in the downloads section, copy that into your game folder and overwrite everything again...

Making any of the UNSC weapons show up in the advanced screen (Research, items.xlm edit) makes them crash the game when I open the advanced tab.

Manufacturing the helicopter crashes my game, too, but research is fine.

Setting everything to "unlimited" in item.xlm causes game crash under "ammo" tab.

Also a issue which is not bound to 1.4.1 is some equipment not being unlimited when using "UnlimitedOnResearch" in item.xlm, but I guess this is not really Xenophobia's fault, since it only affects very few (custom) weapons.

Iam not using a clean install, however, just copied new files over older ones, to bear that in mind.

Making any of the UNSC weapons show up in the advanced screen (Research, items.xlm edit) makes them crash the game when I open the advanced tab.

Manufacturing the helicopter crashes my game, too, but research is fine.

I get the same crash when I click on advanced weapons.

OK FIXED Heli and UNSC weapons. UGH v1.4.2 coming.

Edited by Slayerjerman

Hello,

Just started this mod today, v1.4.1 and got a serious issue with the equipment screen.

Seems the original window size is still applied for the weapons list, because I researched quite a lot of stuff and the list (Ballistics) simply stops at the m16 carbine and that's it. Cannot scroll down anymore.

Sorry if this issue was already covered before, couldn't find the post yet.

Edited by Dreadbourne

I did re-check UNSC weapons again, but I dont have Linux so....they worked fine when I tested them on Win7. It could be another weapon causing the crash for you, my rough guess, but I unlocked and tested everything before I packed the mod to specifically check for this issue.

I wonder if its because the Spartan Laser doesnt unlock ammo, try this HOTFIX I made for you and give it a shot. I simply moved the M6 Spartan Laser to unlock with the Particle Beam and ammo.

Tried the hotfix, it's still CTD. I'll fire up my windows machine and give that a shot. However, my internet is horribly slow so it'll take about 6 hours to download xenonauts. I'll let you know if it works though.

1.4.1 mod, 1.08HF Xenonauts + 0.25HF

Actually having trouble taking a screenshot, it just refuses to capture the game screen, so I uploaded a quick vid.

[video=youtube_share;PrSFogXFAUg]http://youtu.be/PrSFogXFAUg

...I'm having generally bad connection to all Google servers and Youtube oddly, but every other site works fine... manged to watch the video though. Yet again, another really strange bug! Best advice I can give is to reinstall the game and mod(s) and see if that resolves it with v1.4.2 I just uploaded. You might have bad files, i really can't say.

Also, to take a screenshot, run the game in a window, like 1280x720, make sure the game is in focus and press ALT+Printscreen. For future reference. :)

Also, to take a screenshot, run the game in a window, like 1280x720, make sure the game is in focus and press ALT+Printscreen. For future reference. :)

Nope, lol, still ignores it, weird.

Well, anyway, a vid is still a bit more useful, cause you can see I scrolled it all the way down.

Yet again, another really strange bug! Best advice I can give is to reinstall the game and mod(s) and see if that resolves it with v1.4.2 I just uploaded. You might have bad files, i really can't say.

Gonna try to update it right now, we'll see.

upgrade to 1.4.2 and i still have the same problem, interesting thing is i don't see the screen of the loading map, it's like the game don't load the map.

edit. i just tried the vanilla game and xnt and they working without problem, the loading screen appear, so i don't know what cousing that bug.

Edited by The Watcher

1.4.2 didn't fix my issue as well, sadly.

I'm trying to guess what might cause it, cause initially after installing 1.4.1 I also added couple of other (mostly graphical) mods:

-Jsleezy's Real Fighter Portrait Pack

-Skitsos Alternative Rank Insignia

-Jsleezy's Real Armors 1.07

and also fixed the buildings.xml manually (negative manufacture time)

Curious, but seems it didn't occur when I attempted a new game and researched all that stuff again. Probably happened due to some of the improved shotguns, but hard to say.

Guess I'm restarting again, sigh.

Edited by Dreadbourne

so i must say great work, but still some small bugs for me here, may be problem with game engine .... medikit charges still multiplicated after ends of GC mission, I am afraid, that this problem appears in next unlocked ammo to energy weapons too ...

CONFIRMED - if i manualy unlock laserrifle and cells in _basebuild - multiplication efect works too :-( when I arrive from mission i have more ammo then before ....

Edited by m42orion

so i must say great work, but still some small bugs for me here, may be problem with game engine .... medikit charges still multiplicated after ends of GC mission, I am afraid, that this problem appears in next unlocked ammo to energy weapons too ...

CONFIRMED - if i manualy unlock laserrifle and cells in _basebuild - multiplication efect works too :-( when I arrive from mission i have more ammo then before ....

Its a vanilla game bug, i havent a clue why or how. But its doing it to laser ammo too now? well thats just great, sigh....

Any clue if the duplication effect works if you unlock it through normal means? (ie researching Laser Weaponry?)

Edited by Slayerjerman

upgrade to 1.4.2 and i still have the same problem, interesting thing is i don't see the screen of the loading map, it's like the game don't load the map.

edit. i just tried the vanilla game and xnt and they working without problem, the loading screen appear, so i don't know what cousing that bug.

That is very strange. The only difference between XNT and this is that I've updated the /MAPS/ and /TILES/ with the contents from Skitso's ultimate map pack 2000 v1.1 and Kabill's latest farm/desert/arctic map packs and put in a new gas type in gas_gc.xml..... these things are working elsewhere, so best suggestion I can offer is to go grab those map packs and try re-copying those two folders... sorry I couldnt be of more help here.

Its a vanilla game bug, i havent a clue why or how. But its doing it to laser ammo too now? well thats just great, sigh....

Any clue if the duplication effect works if you unlock it through normal means? (ie researching Laser Weaponry?)

Duplicated efect works if i unlock technology through research too, but not works on the ballistic weapons such as shotgun, there is all ok. I'm surprised that it no one minds ?! By your installation is all ok ?

That is very strange. The only difference between XNT and this is that I've updated the /MAPS/ and /TILES/ with the contents from Skitso's ultimate map pack 2000 v1.1 and Kabill's latest farm/desert/arctic map packs and put in a new gas type in gas_gc.xml..... these things are working elsewhere, so best suggestion I can offer is to go grab those map packs and try re-copying those two folders... sorry I couldnt be of more help here.

Already try it, it doesen't work. In any case thanks for this mod, it's awesome.

Edit. the problem is not the maps for sure(i just put the basic maps and i still got the bug), maybe it's something related to the ground combat.

Edited by The Watcher