[X1.09 + X:CE 0.26HF] XENOPHOBIA- Ultimate Compilation Mod

I saw that, but I only saw you can change the time it takes to reload, nothing on TU to shoot. Unless im reading it wrong.

there is single shot and burstshot section at each weapon.. there you can change the TU's for fire as % of total TU of your soldier..

So I'm running the Steam version of Xenonauts 1.09 with Xenophobia and my game keeps freezing during the enemy turn. Sometimes it seems to happen without a discernible cause, other times it's been accompanied by aliens popping out of nowhere in the middle of the map, and most recently I've managed to reproduce the bug as it freezes every time a civilian jumps through a window.

Is there any known way to fix this? I see the OP says to revert to 0.25HF, how do I do that? And if I do that will it make my save unplayable?

Originally Posted by Slayerjerman

Follow these instructions.

1. Install Xenonauts v1.08 or v1.09 fresh. I suggest somewhere simple like C:/Games/Xenonauts

2. Download XNT 5.31 final (firebat) here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/wx3cm3xvox9qbga

3. Extract XNT's files somewhere (I use 7zip program), I suggest extracting the folder to your desktop.

4. Then copy these XNT files to your /Xenonaut/ folder. When asked to overwrite files, press YES TO ALL. It will ask you to overwrite alot of files and you want to overwrite them all with XNT's files.

5. Now download Xenophobia v1.5.0a installer file.

6. Extract the ZIP file to your desktop, inside will be an EXE. (if you dont trust it, feel free to virus scan it first).

7. Run the EXE as administrator, press next until you it asks you to enter your /Xenonauts/ location where you installed the game in step #1. Type in the file path and the press Next and let it install.

8. Play using the new Xenonauts.exe in your /Xenonauts/ folder. Do not use any shortcuts created by STEAM.

Thank you Slayerjerman, now the Game is running and no more CTD

Edited by Xara

I tried the above and the game still freezes at a certain point, when a civilian is jumping through a window, only seems to happen if one of my troops sees it happening though, so it's still kind of playable. The fact that it's consistently happening makes me think there's either a problem with the map or how the civilian AI is coded, or the interactions between them, don't know if there's a way to fix it by replacing some of the maps.

Is there any way to revert to the 0.25HF version anymore with a Steam version of Xenonauts?

out of curiosity: Using the stable version, everything's been going well. Then one of those gargoyles gets the drop on four of my squaddies. Two have AKs, and their 85-91% burst fire from right beside the thing are... missing 2-3 shots per volley. What's going on? x.x;

out of curiosity: Using the stable version, everything's been going well. Then one of those gargoyles gets the drop on four of my squaddies. Two have AKs, and their 85-91% burst fire from right beside the thing are... missing 2-3 shots per volley. What's going on? x.x;

i've noticed this issue with a lot of burst fire guns my only guess is that it subtracts from the success with each shot so when it says it has 90%chance to hit that's only for the first round, the second round then has 90% chance to hit minus some unknown integer and continuing for the third forth or etc by shot 5 the real chance is something like 5%

that or its multiplying the chances so .9 becomes .81 then .729 by that same measure .8 becomes .64 then becomes .512

thats just a guess but it would explain the behavior

Edited by LORDPrometheus

It's a bug with XCE 0.25 (which this mod uses). In an early version of XCE a variable was added which allowed the distance over which short range hit bonuses applied be modified. However, it didn't work properly in XCE prior to 0.28 and only modified the displayed hit chance rather than the actual hit chance (for the actual to-hit chance it was using the default short-range distance of 5).

As long as Xenophobia needs XCE 0.25 to run, the short range bit bonuses should really be changed to their default (i.e. distance 5 and bonus +12 per tile). In case anyone wants to do it manually, these two variables are found near the top of the config.xml file.

Anyone use any of the custom planes? I've checked them all out and usually build F-14s and F-15s.

The F-14s can carry four (or eight) torpedoes and are still quick plus they can combat roll. They are also the toughest plane before marauders! Their only disadvantage is their price and build time.

The F-15s are also expensive but have two heavy hard points and a cannon hard point. Give it a set of the quad Sidewinder 9P (best light missile) and a pair of AIM-54 Phoenix (probably best torpedo before alenium) and a good cannon and its a great dog fighter that can still kill heavier vessels.

As for the XNT aircraft... Build maybe two cherbruskas and sell them once you get better stuff. They are pretty bad. And the Apollo is suicide to use. Stick with two condors for a scout and your fine.

Foxhounds (displayed as mig-31s) are inferior to the f14s in everything but price tag.

Marauders and Saracens will fail to display that they have missiles int he menu but they do. Use Jupiter or Gaius cannons not the gattling laser or plasma blaster.

• 3 weeks later...
[ATTACH]5137[/ATTACH]

Here's a personal patch from tweaking the value of xenonauts gear (weapons, armor, vehicles, manufacturing), to make the weapons be more useful and feel effective/be worth investing resources into.

Quick question here, is this compatible with latest 1.5.0? I'd very much love to get tweaking over the manufacturing process, it is taking me 2 days to craft a revolver -_-

By the way I'm using Hellfire 6.0 instead of the required 5.3 and I hope that doesn't get me into a lot trouble in terms of crashing.

Any other stuff I should do or edit maybe? to improve the general balance?

Thanks very much in advance!

No its not and it wont.. and u need to use 5.3.. 6.0 will make problems..

Try to install the new version of this from the GREAT.. but even u do that it wont be accept any normal or CE updates.. and will be very unbalanced..

I prefer u use just XNT 6 and its fixes..

I dont know what is imprved building.. butas i said, if you want to play a big mod, use XNT 6 with fixes.. its most balanced,working big mod..

Enjoy with it and at that time i hope i will finish most of my mod... i would need many testers anyway.. u can be a tester for me :)

Thanks! yeah I was noticing some missing sounds and animations from the aliens.

I was trying most of the mods, I saw this one has the improved buildings! so... is there a way to get that for XNT 6? can't believe I'm this lost even after aaaall this time.

thanks again.

Thank you Mr Torres,

Balancear construcciones hace la tarea de balancear los Tiers aun mas dificil. If the gane is difficult to balance in only one plain is one hundred times more harder if you add more layers to the field, each Tier or "buildings upgrade" makes the task to PRO level. Some time ago I had a pro team working on XNT balancing system.

Even with new buildings the game is diverse enough to be deep and interesting. ^^