[X1.09 + X:CE 0.26HF] XENOPHOBIA- Ultimate Compilation Mod

Oh jeez this again ?I think that if you really want to stop what happened before from happening in the future,one of you needs to step down (this is referred to Slayer and TD).So you both don't wont that previous event happen but you are heading that way,because of yours stubbornness.I have been off for couple of days and look what happens (to be honest I am still not going to be active for couple more days) and I would really like that community players shut their trump and stay out of this discussion,this needs to be resolved between devs and it's better if you remain as spectaculars because I am sick of reading comments that state this "[Xenonauts modding] needs to be a collaborative effort" and you are just adding oil on fire.If team (TD,Me and others) wanted mod to be open for public and everyone do what they want with it,we would clearly label this.Or as Julian already said if we are all inactive and there is no sign of our return no one would complain then.

Therefor if TD asks for you to do it then do it,let's just avoid another drama.I have huge influence because I am one of main devs of mod but this mod existed before I even joined and TD was only dev (and two of his employees) so his word is final word and I don't plan to engage with him in another argument over this.

Edited by Sentelin

Thank you for the compilation and thank you in particular to all mod authors who worked on the individual changes.

I noticed that rooftops are not on by default in a ground combat mission. This might seem minor but, isn't this different than vanilla xenonauts? Is this intended? I thought the change where they made rooftops on by default actually added a fair bit of immersion for me because I normally would never turn rooftops on by myself and initially missed a lot of textures/atmosphere.

I noticed that rooftops are not on by default in a ground combat mission. This might seem minor but, isn't this different than vanilla xenonauts? Is this intended? I thought the change where they made rooftops on by default actually added a fair bit of immersion for me because I normally would never turn rooftops on by myself and initially missed a lot of textures/atmosphere.

Don't think so. The only time I've seen that on by default is in Skitso's Oppressive UI mod.

To everyone many thanks for these mods. I salute everyone with the time and skill to make a great game even more awesome. From the guys at XNT and to Kabill to Slayer and others thanks. And to Chris and the rest of devs for making the game. Fireaxis has a great team but the remake just did not have the spirit that THIS game has.

Here is to peace and hoping everyone works things out.

Also, speaking of bundling things, I would rather see X:CE updated when possible. Xenophobia bundles an outdated version of X:CE that is therefore not a fair current representation of X:CE.

I was keeping CE updated until the nightmare that was 0.26 (no offense). If I can get a confirmation that 0.27 with its LOS changes is stable, I'll be more than happy to update it. Right now, 0.25HF is stable and thats most important to players.

v.1.4.9 has XNT content removed again, and sadly still requires XNT to be installed first. I've updated the installer with information in regards to this and v1.4.8 has been removed.

Edited by Slayerjerman

These are the official rules for modding: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11742-Modding-Rules-Modding-Other-People-s-Mods%21

Please ensure you are complying with them. It appears at first glance that this mod contains XNT within it - if that is the case, you are not allowed to do that. You cannot host or distribute XNT without their permission, and if you are using their work it should be a separate download hosted by them rather than files you have uploaded.

Even if they have given you permission in the past to use their mod, that can be withdrawn and TD has obviously done so. This matter has already been discussed at length and the rules are perfectly clear, so I don't want to see any improper use of the XNT mod please.

Ammo is under vehicles now. IS there any way to remove the ammo requirement from weapons in this mod? I love everyhting about it, except that finicky ammo system, seems always broken somehow.

[[[[[[

You didnt install the mod correctly. Clearly your strings.xml isnt proper either, which is why it appears "ammo is under vehicles". Because of how I renamed and organized manufacturing categories. And no, I dont support an unlimited ammo version of the mod, so go make one yourself. There's another thread in the forum where I explained this to another user.

It appears at first glance that this mod contains XNT within it.

Anyone can download the only version of this mod that is presently available and hosted (v1.4.9) and install (extract) the files I provide, you will see none of the XNT-specific assets are present in the package. While yes, I do have XNT-related data contained within the XML files for compatibility, that is all that is present and within the guidelines as a "compatibility patch". Furthermore some of this data has been modified to differ from the original source mod.

This is why users must install XNT (standalone) first before using this compilation/compatibility "patch" as Xenophobia alone does not contain the asset files. This was the key issue with TD/XNT team and has been re-resolved.

TLDR; I am not hosting any XNT files. And within the rules of "modding other people's mods" as written. The issue was v 1.4.8 which was a mistake on my end and has been corrected.

You didnt install the mod correctly. Clearly your strings.xml isnt proper either, which is why it appears "ammo is under vehicles". Because of how I renamed and organized manufacturing categories. And no, I dont support an unlimited ammo version of the mod, so go make one yourself. There's another thread in the forum where I explained this to another user.

Ok, that's fine. I like the economy part of it. So previously I was told multiple times HOW SIMPLE it is to install. So clearly I'm doing something wrong as I'm new to modding this and for example did not have any idea what X:CE stood for. A lot of people make assumptions.

I have no idea what strings.xml is, where it is or what it does. So again, there is an assumption that is over the head of someone new.

So, I have uninstalled Xenonauts from Steam and deleted the Xenonauts folder in the steam common apps folder. Do I need to remove anything else? Edit the registry? Sacrifice a chicken? How do I install the mod correctly please? It is a very nice mod, but could someone please explain it like I'm a giant grandmother please how to install it correctly?

Ok, that's fine. I like the economy part of it. So previously I was told multiple times HOW SIMPLE it is to install. So clearly I'm doing something wrong as I'm new to modding this and for example did not have any idea what X:CE stood for. A lot of people make assumptions.

I have no idea what strings.xml is, where it is or what it does. So again, there is an assumption that is over the head of someone new.

So, I have uninstalled Xenonauts from Steam and deleted the Xenonauts folder in the steam common apps folder. Do I need to remove anything else? Edit the registry? Sacrifice a chicken? How do I install the mod correctly please? It is a very nice mod, but could someone please explain it like I'm a giant grandmother please how to install it correctly?

Follow these instructions.

1. Install Xenonauts v1.08 or v1.09 fresh. I suggest somewhere simple like C:/Games/Xenonauts

2. Download XNT 5.31 final (firebat) here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/wx3cm3xvox9qbga

3. Extract XNT's files somewhere (I use 7zip program), I suggest extracting the folder to your desktop.

4. Then copy these XNT files to your /Xenonaut/ folder. When asked to overwrite files, press YES TO ALL. It will ask you to overwrite alot of files and you want to overwrite them all with XNT's files.

5. Now download Xenophobia v1.4.9 installer file.

6. Extract the ZIP file to your desktop, inside will be an EXE. (if you dont trust it, feel free to virus scan it first).

7. Run the EXE as administrator, press next until you it asks you to enter your /Xenonauts/ location where you installed the game in step #1. Type in the file path and the press Next and let it install.

8. Play using the new Xenonauts.exe in your /Xenonauts/ folder. Do not use any shortcuts created by STEAM.

9. Thats it really.

Edited by Slayerjerman

Follow these instructions.

1. Install Xenonauts v1.08 or v1.09 fresh.

2. Download XNT 5.31 final (firebat) here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/wx3cm3xvox9qbga

3. Extract XNT's files somewhere (I use 7zip program), I suggest your desktop.

4. Then copy these XNT files to your /Xenonaut/ folder. When asked to overwrite files, press YES TO ALL. It will ask you to overwrite alot of files and you want to overwrite them all with XNT's files.

5. Now download Xenophobia v1.4.9 installer file.

6. Extract the ZIP file to your desktop, inside will be an EXE. (if you dont trust it, feel free to virus scan it first).

7. Run the EXE as administrator, press next until you it asks you to enter your /Xenonauts/ location where you installed the game. Enter the file path and the press Next and let it install.

8. Play.

Thank you, so I should NOT install the [community] Xenonauts that is version .27 now and is an option in the steam beta menu?

Thank you, so I should NOT install the [community] Xenonauts that is version .27 now and is an option in the steam beta menu?

Do not use Steam beyond installing the base game files. IF you do, Steam will think the files are invalid and attempts to "update" the files back to original. This also means do not use Steam to start the modded game, ever.

If you want to use 0.27, its at your own risk as I have not tested it and it may or may not be stable. You should consider all CE exe's as "experimental", including the exe provided by Xenophobia. But if you do wish to try 0.27, just copy the EXE and overwrite the one provided. DO not copy any of it's XMLs else you will break the game.

Ok, so that's totally news to me. I've always been using Steam to start the game. Are you saying that after Xenonauts installs I should copy the Xenonauts folder OUT of the Steam main directory?

No, just dont use steam to launch the game. Steam will try to validate the files and when it fails to do so, it will re-download files to "fix" itself,. thereby messing up your modded installation.... Annnnnnd thats why you had problems in the first place ;)

Love the mod, but i think you should focus on making it compatible with the latest Community Edition as that has some great features i think this mod is missing. I would also love to see more effort made in terms of immersion such as background music and xenopedia entries. :)

No, just dont use steam to launch the game. Steam will try to validate the files and when it fails to do so, it will re-download files to "fix" itself,. thereby messing up your modded installation.... Annnnnnd thats why you had problems in the first place ;)

I'm pretty sure it doesn't do this, at least not by default. I was running mods for a long time from within the Steam directory version. That's not to say that it's not a bad idea to make a duplicate copy for mods, but it shouldn't be causing issues (unless there's a setting somewhere in Steam that makes it self-correct?)

Love the mod, but i think you should focus on making it compatible with the latest Community Edition as that has some great features i think this mod is missing. I would also love to see more effort made in terms of immersion such as background music and xenopedia entries. :)

I have not received any confirmation that CE 0.27 is stable with the latest LOS changes. I was at the bleeding edge when 0.26 came out and as a result, it was very unstable and many people complained about crashes, so I reverted back to using 0.25HF. And if I am not mistaken, you can still use the 0.27 EXE with the mod. I have not tried this however, so use at your own risk, as always...

Xenopedia entries takes alot of effort and work to make art and write entries. I am pretty burnt out with that as well as maintaining the weapon's stat description tool tips. Feel free to jump in and lend a hand to complete this work....

@Kabill - You are partially correct as you can run mods inside the Steam directory, the issue is when Steam is set to auto-update the game as well as when you run the game through the Steam-created shortcut because it will try and validate the game files. If you run the EXE directly from the Steam-installed directory it skips the validation check. But yes, by default all games are set to auto-update via Steam and if you do not disable this "feature", Steam will overwrite your files without warning. (happened to me several times on other games I play through Steam, even resetting my configs/keybinds sometimes...grrr).

@Kabill - You are partially correct as you can run mods inside the Steam directory, the issue is when Steam is set to auto-update the game as well as when you run the game through the Steam-created shortcut because it will try and validate the game files. If you run the EXE directly from the Steam-installed directory it skips the validation check. But yes, by default all games are set to auto-update via Steam and if you do not disable this "feature", Steam will overwrite your files without warning. (happened to me several times on other games I play through Steam, even resetting my configs/keybinds sometimes...grrr).

Fair enough. Apologies for interfering!

i found a bug, the build list in the bases (where workshops and all those are located cant hold all the facilities, i cant see the radar anymore and can barely selec the hangar for build :) .even scrolling radar seems to be in the middle of the list and dont show.

Yeah, i seen this too. I need to find the time to go and tinker with the UI on that screen and lengthen the window.

Right now, I've been taking a break from modding Xenonauts. With the drama recently, I'm pretty burnt out, so consider this my "AFK" message and v1.4.9 is gonna be the current version for a while.

Hello,

Issues noticed on [X1.08 + X:CE 0.25HF] XNT Into Darkness Mod V5.3 "The Firebat" clean install and that delicious mod-compilation (just played half of a month in game time):

• some cut-off fonts at headings/names of items/item-decriptions (1680x1050)
  • some alien unit (officer or "head alien" of UFO) not visible in crashed/landed Scout UFOs
  • one-handed grenade launcher is two-handed (description states one handed like the name implies)
  • the first airborne able carrying heavy torpedo (Apollo?... don't remember exactly) is mounted with heavy weapon torpedo in light missile slot
  • some weird cover things (one alien shot through a wall, killed my soldier without destroying the wall) + (my soldiers shooting each other in the back without seen indicator that hit soldier was actually in "field of danger" or "being cover")

That's all I remember for now...please keep up the great work!

Edited by xakos