[X1.09 + X:CE 0.26HF] XENOPHOBIA- Ultimate Compilation Mod

ok but i didnt unlock regen device or metabolisim on older saves today and still crash so maybe something else in unlocked techs ?

I beleive i have no way to have the savegame back but i am juste curious :P if i restore the 1.4.6 researches.xml it's ok so it's realy a change on the researches.

Maybe something about the buildings ? as i put lots of level 2

Its probably safe for you to revert back to the 1.4.6 researches.xml, that might fix your old saved game. I wouldnt advise it of course, but its up to you.

Same, dermal regen device or metabolism accelerator weren't unlocked, but getting that crash on load. I'm guessing it'd be better just to start a new game, as any future patches would have the same problem.

I've narrowed down the issue, it IS researches.xml....because i had to fix a string problem with Researches.AircraftMissiles entries. Had a typo in the researches rows.....ugh. Apologies for all the game restarts, I too lost a couple 20 and 40 hour saved games.

So I totally am feeling the pain which is probably why I'm going to take a long break from modding once we hit v1.5.0, which means I've got about 3 more versions/patches to go. So get in your bug reports and requests now.

This mod seems amazing and I installed, but I think I did something wrong. I kept updating and probably broke something.

First, a lot of the missile description text in the aircraft and warehouse menus was cut in half.

Second, a lot of the weapons seemed missing. There was no flame thrower, no ammo for the rail gun, no ammor for the multi ammo machinegun, ect.

Do I need to install the individual mods this mod combines then install it? I see some of the individual ones have been updated, should I update as well?

Basically, I'm looking for help understanding the way this modding system works, I think its ossballz but it looks like I'm doing something wrong. Idiot click by click guide anywhere? Thanks in advance yall.

EDIT: also I never seemed to get the weapons from the ALien films, where are they? I researched a lot of stuff, put in about 8 hours into game with this mod.

Edited by RiflePoet

This mod seems amazing and I installed, but I think I did something wrong. I kept updating and probably broke something.

First, a lot of the missile description text in the aircraft and warehouse menus was cut in half.

Second, a lot of the weapons seemed missing. There was no flame thrower, no ammo for the rail gun, no ammor for the multi ammo machinegun, ect.

Do I need to install the individual mods this mod combines then install it? I see some of the individual ones have been updated, should I update as well?

Basically, I'm looking for help understanding the way this modding system works, I think its ossballz but it looks like I'm doing something wrong. Idiot click by click guide anywhere? Thanks in advance yall.

EDIT: also I never seemed to get the weapons from the ALien films, where are they? I researched a lot of stuff, put in about 8 hours into game with this mod.

The install instructions couldn't be simpler unless i flew to your house and did it for you... Install vanilla v1.08 or v1.09, copy XNT 5.31 files into /assets/ and overwrite, then do the same and overwrite everything with Xenophobia last. DO NOT use the "mod tools" on the game launcher...make damn sure you start the game with the EXE provided by Xenophobia........... does anyone not read the install instructions on the main page????

Colonial Marine weapons are end game state-of-the-badass-art guns, you're not gonna unlock them until after you've researched MAG weapons. I've put 40+ hours into a single playthrough and STILL havent unlocked them normally, so be patient.

The install instructions couldn't be simpler unless i flew to your house and did it for you... Install vanilla v1.08 or v1.09, copy XNT 5.31 files into /assets/ and overwrite, then do the same and overwrite everything with Xenophobia last. DO NOT use the "mod tools" on the game launcher...make damn sure you start the game with the EXE provided by Xenophobia........... does anyone not read the install instructions on the main page????

Colonial Marine weapons are end game state-of-the-badass-art guns, you're not gonna unlock them until after you've researched MAG weapons. I've put 40+ hours into a single playthrough and STILL havent unlocked them normally, so be patient.

Ok, yes, but some the piecemeal mods are different versions. Are they updated within XENOPHOBIA? Then there was also the XNT V5.31 hotfix (LAST). Then there was a bit about deleting the animations folder after install of XENOPHOBIA. What about the misile name text being cut in half horizontally?

Edited by RiflePoet

Hi Slayerjerman by the way about the instructions maybe it need to be written in bold as i dont see that in first page but what about the game start setting, where you have to select "internal" in the mod settings ? first time i installed game i didnt find any of the mod new guns untill i play with this setting without knowing what this is doing

Hello there good sir! i am loving this mod so far but i am having the problem 60-70 percent of the times when i open the soldier inventory in ground combat the game crashes. Is this just me? Also is there a fix for this? Thanks again for this awesome mod.

found a bug :) if you manufacture the x boomerang plane it doesnt appear on hangar and cant be used in air combats.

i think there is aprevius research to the x boomerang that supposely unlocks another plane, it doesnt unlock anything just the boomerang reseach. im not sure of the name of the reseach.

How do I build a hangar, or a medbay, or a radar? All I can see is Storeroom Mk. 1, Laboratory Mk. 1, 2, 3, and the Workshop Mk. 1, 2, and 3. And Living quarters.

Did you try scrolling down the list? Use the mouse wheel?

Hi Slayerjerman by the way about the instructions maybe it need to be written in bold as i dont see that in first page but what about the game start setting, where you have to select "internal" in the mod settings ? first time i installed game i didnt find any of the mod new guns untill i play with this setting without knowing what this is doing

I don't follow. What "setting" are you talking about? The installation instructions are super simple that I'm getting irritated explaining it over and over. You copy files into the game directory, its as simple as that.

Hello there good sir! i am loving this mod so far but i am having the problem 60-70 percent of the times when i open the soldier inventory in ground combat the game crashes. Is this just me? Also is there a fix for this? Thanks again for this awesome mod.

No one has reported that issue before, so you must of installed everything badly. Uninstall your game, install it fresh and try again.

Edited by Slayerjerman

I don't know if it's a mod-exclusive bug, XNT bug, original game bug or a feature... But aliens never use up ammo. Not grenades either. This leads to ridiculously preposterous situations when one alien can just spam Plasma Cannon (the AOE ball thingy) THREE times in a turn. Which has ammo capacity of 1/1... Not to mention it has only one spare clip.

So, yeah, balance issues. It has a lot, and probably not even purely the Xenophobia fault.

As for the PlasmaTechnology, workaround had to be different from what I initially expected. Seems unlocking research, which leads to another unlocked research is not working, however if you add an item to the requirements in the .xml and then manufacture/get that item - then it will magically unlock the research. So, reference this workaround if you face same kind of bugs.

With all that being said in the first paragraph though, I'm in no way disrespecting your work, Slayer, in fact - quite opposite. Since I'm planning to stay with the 1.4.5 (I've read about the crashes with old saves) - can you elaborate a bit what exactly was changed in the research tree? (Aircrafts unlocks, missiles and all that stuff) I'm planning to integrate that manually from the new file to my local one.

I don't know if it's a mod-exclusive bug, XNT bug, original game bug or a feature... But aliens never use up ammo. Not grenades either. This leads to ridiculously preposterous situations when one alien can just spam Plasma Cannon (the AOE ball thingy) THREE times in a turn. Which has ammo capacity of 1/1... Not to mention it has only one spare clip.

So, yeah, balance issues. It has a lot, and probably not even purely the Xenophobia fault.

As for the PlasmaTechnology, workaround had to be different from what I initially expected. Seems unlocking research, which leads to another unlocked research is not working, however if you add an item to the requirements in the .xml and then manufacture/get that item - then it will magically unlock the research. So, reference this workaround if you face same kind of bugs.

With all that being said in the first paragraph though, I'm in no way disrespecting your work, Slayer, in fact - quite opposite. Since I'm planning to stay with the 1.4.5 (I've read about the crashes with old saves) - can you elaborate a bit what exactly was changed in the research tree? (Aircrafts unlocks, missiles and all that stuff) I'm planning to integrate that manually from the new file to my local one.

I dont remember honestly, so you'll need to use WinMerge to find the differences, but in 1.4.7 I corrected a typo that lead to previously saved games crashing

Also - I have no clue if aliens ever used ammo when they fired..... could be a vanilla bug....might not be....i havent the slightest clue.

Found a possible bug. When a base doesn't have a dropship, the soldier equipment screen will display a "no soldiers present at this base" message, even if there are soldiers there. This also occurred to me when I moved all of my soldiers from Charlie 1 to Strike 1, when Charlie 1 Became empty; however the problem went away once I moved the empty Charlie 1 to another base.

Found a possible bug. When a base doesn't have a dropship, the soldier equipment screen will display a "no soldiers present at this base" message, even if there are soldiers there. This also occurred to me when I moved all of my soldiers from Charlie 1 to Strike 1, when Charlie 1 Became empty; however the problem went away once I moved the empty Charlie 1 to another base.

Vanilla game bug. Cant fix.

Mmmkay... Got few thigns to Ask... Why noone adding new weaps to aliens ... Rly quite much alrdy for xenonauts... And 2nd is it only armoured car cant drive&crash most obstacles? Or tank too ? If tank cant drive over pile of boxes or through walls too its epic =D can smone make mod for it to be possible? =_=

Bug maybe?: tactical battle sheild freshly manufactured has 0/135 hitpoints (same as the other ones unlocked with alien alloys.)

Known issue - A workaround for 0/100 Shields is to save in the Geoscape and reload, that should reset the Shield to 100/100. They work just fine if you also take a wrench into combat, put the shield in your main hand and repair it with the wrench.

Bug report this time:

The US cooperation research doesn't seem to unlock the M61 vulcan autocanon for production.

Fixed in the next patch.

Mmmkay... Got few thigns to Ask... Why noone adding new weaps to aliens ... Rly quite much alrdy for xenonauts... And 2nd is it only armoured car cant drive&crash most obstacles? Or tank too ? If tank cant drive over pile of boxes or through walls too its epic =D can smone make mod for it to be possible? =_=

1. No one wants to fight against aliens with better weaponry.... Have enough people complaining the aliens are too hard already, which I think is just silly.

2. Game engine does not support physics or that kind of behavior for vehicles.

Edited by Slayerjerman

Good night, Slayerjerman

Thank you for your work and excellent сompilation Mods.

Use your MOD version 1.16 has more than 2000 + edits in it. Encountered a problem please help.

1. How to solve the problem with the invisibility of new types of aliens. (Egg, Viper).

2. I have a constant problem with SU 27 when using auto battle getting a crash to the desktop.

Sorry for my English, it's not native for me.

Edited by AND_GREAT

Are the Researches.drone and Researches.boomerang active? They didn't unlock for me after Corsair/Marauder. Probably also because I'm using not the latest Corsair/Marauder unlock path (the carrier-cruiser-battleship requirements), but not entirely sure.

upd: Yup, I was right. Had to hack it in, using the item manufacture method...

The X-25 Boomerang actually has no Xenopedia picture, no hangar model and it didn't even appear after building, like it never even existed...

Edited by Dreadbourne

Are the Researches.drone and Researches.boomerang active? They didn't unlock for me after Corsair/Marauder. Probably also because I'm using not the latest Corsair/Marauder unlock path (the carrier-cruiser-battleship requirements), but not entirely sure.

upd: Yup, I was right. Had to hack it in, using the item manufacture method...

The X-25 Boomerang actually has no Xenopedia picture, no hangar model and it didn't even appear after building, like it never even existed...

Fixed in next patch.

Is there anyway to get a version without the Economy Restored mod? I can see why people would like it but it adds to much busy work for my tastes.

Make one yourself, perhaps?

Good night, Slayerjerman

Thank you for your work and excellent сompilation Mods.

Use your MOD version 1.16 has more than 2000 + edits in it. Encountered a problem please help.

1. How to solve the problem with the invisibility of new types of aliens. (Egg, Viper).

2. I have a constant problem with SU 27 when using auto battle getting a crash to the desktop.

Sorry for my English, it's not native for me.

You installed the mods wrong. Uninstall everything and start fresh. Follow the instructions on page 1.