[X1.09 + X:CE 0.26HF] XENOPHOBIA- Ultimate Compilation Mod

Love the mod - its great. I was wondering if the xenopedia entries for most of the light interceptors (and all planes really) is up to date in 1.40? I noticed some strange things with their values (according to xenopedia) and the manufacturing cost.

Example: Light interceptors research

Tiger fighter has 1900speed, 45 turn rate, 1 cannon, 2 normal. MFG time and cost is very low (25k i think with 40 or so man days?)

mitsubishi f1 fighter is almost identical. 2k speed, 45 turn rate, 1 cannon, 2 normal and HUGE mfg cost and time (300k, 120 man days).

Also some of the other interceptors also seem really really expensive, 300-400k with huge mfg times. They arent even nearly consistent at the same tech level. All USA fighters are vastly superior and loads cheaper and quicker to manufacture.

I'd think each of the planes has some advantage to build, weather it be cheap, fast, good turn rate, radar, etc. Right now you get planes (even just from light interceptor unlock) that are absolutely worthless to build, as there's a superior option for cheaper and quicker already.

Of course this is just looking at the xenopedia entries. If the stats are different than that and balanced, great job!

Don't mean this as a criticism. Just trying to help with something that may have been overlooked :). Loving the mod though, tons of fun!

Love the mod - its great. I was wondering if the xenopedia entries for most of the light interceptors (and all planes really) is up to date in 1.40? I noticed some strange things with their values (according to xenopedia) and the manufacturing cost.

Example: Light interceptors research

Tiger fighter has 1900speed, 45 turn rate, 1 cannon, 2 normal. MFG time and cost is very low (25k i think with 40 or so man days?)

mitsubishi f1 fighter is almost identical. 2k speed, 45 turn rate, 1 cannon, 2 normal and HUGE mfg cost and time (300k, 120 man days).

Also some of the other interceptors also seem really really expensive, 300-400k with huge mfg times. They arent even nearly consistent at the same tech level. All USA fighters are vastly superior and loads cheaper and quicker to manufacture.

I'd think each of the planes has some advantage to build, weather it be cheap, fast, good turn rate, radar, etc. Right now you get planes (even just from light interceptor unlock) that are absolutely worthless to build, as there's a superior option for cheaper and quicker already.

Of course this is just looking at the xenopedia entries. If the stats are different than that and balanced, great job!

Don't mean this as a criticism. Just trying to help with something that may have been overlooked :). Loving the mod though, tons of fun!

i agree on the fact that these guys are quite expensive, especially the russians, i enjoyed testing some of them and i still use mainly the american fighters, F14 for the 4x heavy hardpoints and the F15 for the cannon+heavy combo, but like said before, the Apollo and Cheburashka are silly cheapand built in no time and they usually can deal with everything, as long as i keep them well armed, the Apollo can take only 2 light laser shots or a missile to be taken down but the 2 cannons hardpoint AND a missile is just too great against fighters, the Cheburashka is slightly better armored but in terms of firepower is almost on par with the F15 as it have the same hardpoint + a cannon.

examp.jpg

metal_rifle.jpg

... Btw why marrifle 1 seems to have stats similar to Ak47 and Zephyr(BTW new dmg stats ar very good in terms of balance i can see that even default rifle and Ak47 got just exact stats as shud(ak 47 mor usual and mitigat dmg nice work ^^ ) for examp... Isnt it suppose to be high end-late game weaps?;o i dunno just rly think images of metal-mar-kar ar bad... no offense whoever made them >_>

kas.jpg

mar.jpg

examp.jpg

metal_rifle.jpg

kas.jpg

mar.jpg

examp.jpg.50d20ea8bd1e45d3cb4a556fa27ee9

metal_rifle.jpg.bf6447ea19a2e1af67465a9c

kas.jpg.77d6e5484fb9e8472463e374b2f83896

mar.jpg.be4a33b07edf3c7be70b1b7a9fd304af

Edited by Rameses

Hello, i've started a playthrough with XNT and this compilation Mod.

I've built a second base with lvl.3 building and when i had a base defense mission there. Those buildings were shaded black and aliens couldn't make their way to my HQ because it was like a black hole with nothing between the entrance the Aliens came and the Xenonauts HQ.

Something i missed on installation? known bug?

I installed on a clean 1.09 copy of Xenonauts, first installed the XNT Firaebat edition (600 mb) and then your compilation.

Also, there seems to be a crash that happens when trying to go to vehicle tab, sometimes it happens time after time, sometimes it doesn't.

Also, tried to do a crash site mission when 2 of mu soldiers had the repair kit equipped in their left hand.

The loading screen to that mission kept crashing until i took those kits and put the in the backpack.

I apologize if this is the wrong forum, i'm new and would appreciate some help.

Thank you for an amazing mod and your help in advance. :)

Hello, i've started a playthrough with XNT and this compilation Mod.

I've built a second base with lvl.3 building and when i had a base defense mission there. Those buildings were shaded black and aliens couldn't make their way to my HQ because it was like a black hole with nothing between the entrance the Aliens came and the Xenonauts HQ.

Something i missed on installation? known bug?

I installed on a clean 1.09 copy of Xenonauts, first installed the XNT Firaebat edition (600 mb) and then your compilation.

Also, there seems to be a crash that happens when trying to go to vehicle tab, sometimes it happens time after time, sometimes it doesn't.

Also, tried to do a crash site mission when 2 of mu soldiers had the repair kit equipped in their left hand.

The loading screen to that mission kept crashing until i took those kits and put the in the backpack.

I apologize if this is the wrong forum, i'm new and would appreciate some help.

Thank you for an amazing mod and your help in advance. :)

First of all, the crashes are a result of files not being installed properly. Secondly, the black zones in the base defense mission is a known issue with how the CE EXE adds new buildings. I am still working on fixing the black zones in the next massive update. So you're gonna have to hang tight.

First of all, the crashes are a result of files not being installed properly. Secondly, the black zones in the base defense mission is a known issue with how the CE EXE adds new buildings. I am still working on fixing the black zones in the next massive update. So you're gonna have to hang tight.

Oh, thank you for the reply.

I was surprised just because i did not have it with 1.39 of the compilation.

As for installing the mod not properly, well i might missed something but i just went by the instruction.

Clean Xenonauts 1.09 then FireBat XNT and then your compilation..

Well it doesn't matter i'll try reinstalling everything again.

Thank you again!

Oh, thank you for the reply.

I was surprised just because i did not have it with 1.39 of the compilation.

As for installing the mod not properly, well i might missed something but i just went by the instruction.

Clean Xenonauts 1.09 then FireBat XNT and then your compilation..

Well it doesn't matter i'll try reinstalling everything again.

Thank you again!

Thats the right install order, make sure you are overwriting every folder and file. When you goto manufacture, on the left panel for the categories you should see a category labeled "Ammunition" on the bottom of the list. That contains all the ammos.... if that is missing something bad happened with the installation as far as I can guess.

So finally have played a game all the way to January. Lots and Lots of learning curves. Perhaps I am behind on the tech curve as I am stilling using multi-ammo weapons and the aliens I am encountering now are seriously nasty. Shot down my first carrier (2 su10's and a f-14). Got it to chase the 14 and the 10's managed to get behind and gun it after the missile barrage. Sent in a shrike with my 10 best troops. Fish Heads excuse me Wraiths and Ceasans are just lined up waiting. Most of my shots where resisted and then they just unloaded with plasma blasts. Ouch

I suspect I should have laser weapons by now lol and better armor than just jackal. Hired 20 more scientists for a total of 60 working on 3 projects. My pack of 75 engineers are busy flooding the world with RPG's to generate some much needed cash. For now I am going to clear the skies and airstrike the crash sites till I get much needed better weapons and armor

Still a great mod pack :)

Edited by Tom Sawyer

That is reallllly strange!

Are you using the mod "install" system from the launcher of Xenonauts? I've never tested the mod using a STEAM version of the game, frankly I'm quite puzzled your game even starts at all.

Are you using the CE 0.25HF EXE that was included with the mod? Because that added back support for the additional categories. The fact that you are missing two entire categories suggests to me that you are not.... which makes sense with Steam.

This is what it should look like:

Screenshot 2014-08-15 10.26.19.jpg

Screenshot 2014-08-15 10.26.19.jpg

577e7d1b31730_Screenshot2014-08-1510.26.

That is reallllly strange!

Are you using the mod "install" system from the launcher of Xenonauts? I've never tested the mod using a STEAM version of the game, frankly I'm quite puzzled your game even starts at all.

Are you using the CE 0.25HF EXE that was included with the mod? Because that added back support for the additional categories. The fact that you are missing two entire categories suggests to me that you are not.... which makes sense with Steam.

This is what it should look like:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5286[/ATTACH]

Ah that would be the reason, i didn't use the installer

Bug: Crashes to desktop upon unlocking UNSC weapons. Linux Game, crash occurs when in soldier loadout and clicking on "advanced" tab.

Slayerjerman, I can't thank you enough for providing such a challenging mod that adds so much content. The only thing I can fault is the lack of info in the xenopedia to help me decide what's better and why. I know that will eventually be rectified in future releases. Thanks again for all your hard work, fantastic content.

Holy crap o.O I'm not exactly an XCOM/Xenonauts savant, but damn this mod is hard! It feels like the first time I booted up the original XCOM back in 95', always behind the curve, not knowing what research I should pursue, or how to fight the aliens I meet.

Haven't had this much fun in years!

For some reason all the stuff in the production menu have a production time of -2147483648 days so projects will have a negative completion time and will never be finished.

You can seemingly fix this bug by editing the buildings.xml. Scroll down to each of the workshops, you will see two values of -1 together, changing these to 1 fixed it for me.

Bug: Crashes to desktop upon unlocking UNSC weapons. Linux Game, crash occurs when in soldier loadout and clicking on "advanced" tab.

Slayerjerman, I can't thank you enough for providing such a challenging mod that adds so much content. The only thing I can fault is the lack of info in the xenopedia to help me decide what's better and why. I know that will eventually be rectified in future releases. Thanks again for all your hard work, fantastic content.

I did re-check UNSC weapons again, but I dont have Linux so....they worked fine when I tested them on Win7. It could be another weapon causing the crash for you, my rough guess, but I unlocked and tested everything before I packed the mod to specifically check for this issue.

I wonder if its because the Spartan Laser doesnt unlock ammo, try this HOTFIX I made for you and give it a shot. I simply moved the M6 Spartan Laser to unlock with the Particle Beam and ammo.

Edited by Slayerjerman